The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ducky123's fanart :)

Ducky123 · 472 · 57750

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Cute:) Looks like their enjoying a catchy TV theme or something.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Nicely done.  :) I would like to second RockingScorpion's comments.  Your coloring and outlines have really improved.  :yes

If you don't mind me asking, which film is this scene from?

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Dalekdino: Yeah, it sure seems so :lol
rhombus: Thanks :) I'm happy that you think so. Occasional failures can really drop one's mood but comments like that are just what keeps me going and trying to improve even more (though I'm currently rather trying to improve in another field of art that is not related to LBT). This scene is from the dreaded "Wisdom of Friends" :p
Inactive, probably forever.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Here's the next one guys!

Sketch:

Coloured:

Spike was a pain to colour :p

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Very nice.  :yes I can certainly understand why Spike would have been a challenge to color.  He effectively is the background here.  This picture (due to the abundance of coloring) also highlights the improvement in your coloring skills since the earliest drawings.  The coloring is very consistent and it lacks unevenness in its application.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thank you :)

I guess my coloured pencil was not amused of being shortened :p Spike indeed serves as the background here (Sadly, I forgot which movie this is from). I personally really like the way I managed to display Ducky's emotions as feelings/emotions are something I'm not too good at yet... But as you said, I'm improving. Though a problem I'm having lately (which might be due to the motifs I'm drawing), is oversizing my pictures so not everything fits in. I sometimes even go as far as measuring up distances to make sure I don't oversize but that's only increasing the time I spend on drawing... Oh well, I'll never be satisfied with myself :lol

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Here comes another one of my "weird drawings" :smile

sketch:

coloured:

So... this is a lovely shot of Ducky during the song "Say So". I have used a slightly different colouring method, not only strengthening the outlines with a black pencil (I'm experimenting with those outlines in future drawings btw) but also making the colours a little darker/stronger to achieve that. I have tried it with a Cera/Ducky drawing long ago and feedback was mixed so I wonder what you think about it? Critism is welcomed, so is praise of course :)

Oh, and in case you're wondering what this brown bit in the lower, right corner... that's Littlefoot (whom Ducky is standing on in this shot :p)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This one should be of particular interest for RockingScorpion ;)

sketch:

coloured:

Hope ya like it ^^

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I rather like the Petrie drawing.  :)

So... this is a lovely shot of Ducky during the song "Say So". I have used a slightly different colouring method, not only strengthening the outlines with a black pencil (I'm experimenting with those outlines in future drawings btw) but also making the colours a little darker/stronger to achieve that. I have tried it with a Cera/Ducky drawing long ago and feedback was mixed so I wonder what you think about it? Critism is welcomed, so is praise of course :)

With regards to your question on the Ducky drawing, I am not sure about the new outline method that you tried on Ducky.  The strengthened outlines seem to overpower her light coloration (even with the stronger colors), in my opinion.  It is still a very good drawing, in my opinion, and the dark outlines might not be as noticeable with a colored-in background, but the difference is noticeable on a white background in comparison to your earlier drawings of Ducky.  However, with characters of a darker coloration (Spike and Petrie, for example) the darker outlines and coloration would probably work rather well.

I look forward to seeing how your new outlining technique works in future drawings.  :yes

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Aah, yep, I remember you said something about that Petrie. :D
And he looks good ;) not 1:1 perfect, but if you don't trace stuff, that's almost impossible. Even if it MAY look like it is, real 100% perfection..nnope. ^^

The only thing that seems a bit off is the size difference between his pupils. Other than that, good one. ;)

About the outlines: Nothing wrong with thicker outlines, but you should try and make them the same thickness everywhere. For example, Ducky's horn in the lastest drawing of her you did. ;)
And some lines are darker/brighter than the rest - this might be a cause of scanning, I don't know (that's why I take photos of my stuff^^), but if it's not, try and make them the same darkness everywhere - or maybe darker in a place where they line out a darker color shade, like Ducky's back.

That's it, I hope you can make something out of this. :)
(And if it's not, you can always write me a PM ;) )

Oh btw, I'm still looking forward to something you announced in my art thread. :D

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thanks for the feedback guys! :yes

With regards to your question on the Ducky drawing, I am not sure about the new outline method that you tried on Ducky. The strengthened outlines seem to overpower her light coloration (even with the stronger colors), in my opinion. It is still a very good drawing, in my opinion, and the dark outlines might not be as noticeable with a colored-in background, but the difference is noticeable on a white background in comparison to your earlier drawings of Ducky. However, with characters of a darker coloration (Spike and Petrie, for example) the darker outlines and coloration would probably work rather well.

I look forward to seeing how your new outlining technique works in future drawings. in-yes.gif
Thanks for honest critique :angel I see what you mean. Of the next few drawings, I didn't colour any of them using that method but am eager to try it out with some of my drawings that are still only sketched (I always gather a few drawings and sketches before I scan them as the only scanner I have access to is the one at my mum's office so yeah... I'll see that she scans a few drawings at once).

Aah, yep, I remember you said something about that Petrie. biggrin.gif
And he looks good wink.gif not 1:1 perfect, but if you don't trace stuff, that's almost impossible. Even if it MAY look like it is, real 100% perfection..nnope. ^^
Well, I can't argue with that :p I admit that I traced one of my recently uploaded pictures somewhat because I failed like two or three times and decided to "cheat" a little :angel

The only thing that seems a bit off is the size difference between his pupils. Other than that, good one. wink.gif
Yeah, somewhat :D

About the outlines: Nothing wrong with thicker outlines, but you should try and make them the same thickness everywhere. For example, Ducky's horn in the lastest drawing of her you did. wink.gif
Well, first and foremost, I do try to make the outlines as equal in strength as possible. I believe however that the main reasons as for why I can't keep it equal sometimes are: 1. It happens sometimes that I don't get it right at the first try so I just go over it again... I used to use a black coloured pencil for the outlining (as in my recent additions). I recently switched to using regular pencils, preferably a B4 but I've also used a normal B and it looked fine :) Which sort of leads me to... 2. Pencils lose their sharpness since they're being rubbed off. Moreover, and this is especially apparant with my black pencil as it is very think (made for young kids who need more stable pencils), it does make a significant difference whether you're using an edge or a rubbed-plain part of the pencil (hope you get what I'm trying to explain :p). I do try to make them equal in my future drawings as I can erase things when using pencils as opposed to their coloured compagnions ;)

And some lines are darker/brighter than the rest - this might be a cause of scanning, I don't know (that's why I take photos of my stuff^^), but if it's not, try and make them the same darkness everywhere - or maybe darker in a place where they line out a darker color shade, like Ducky's back.
Might be due to scanning to a certain degree but I assume it's rather my fault than the scanner's :p

That's it, I hope you can make something out of this. smile.gif
(And if it's not, you can always write me a PM wink.gif )
Oh, don't worry. Your detailed critism is really helpful (applies to you as well, rhombus :)) Hmm, of course I will PM you in such a situation ;) Though I'd have to delete some PM's as my inbox is 98% full :smile So happy that I have no school tomorrow ^^

Oh btw, I'm still looking forward to something you announced in my art thread. biggrin.gif
As I said, it's going to take a while until it'll be uploaded. If you, however, want a sneak peak... just let me know and I'll shoot a photo (will be lower quality however...)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
A little delayed due to the cool weather over here.... but here's my next drawing of...

DUN DUN DUUUN! Pterano :DD
sketch:

coloured:

I'm quite fond of drawing flyers as of late. They're fairly easy to get right :) I guess certain people will like this a lot :smile so tell me what you think? Critism is welcomed (the missing parts of Pterano are wanted by me btw) :)

CeraTheRed

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
OMG! This is, like, my FAVORITE of ALL the drawings you've done! I'm LOVING this!

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm flattered :lol: THANK YOU! :wow

CeraTheRed

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,Jun 9 2014 on  05:24 PM
I'm flattered :lol: THANK YOU! :wow
You're welcome. :D It helps that Pterano is a favorite.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, I assumed that you would rather like the pic since Pterano is one of your favourite characters :)

CeraTheRed

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,Jun 9 2014 on  08:02 PM
Yeah, I assumed that you would rather like the pic since Pterano is one of your favourite characters :)
Well, you assumed correctly. This has made my night a happy one. :)

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
I've appeared to leave a review  :!

I think this might be the best drawing you've done so far. The body and head all look really good and even throughout. I think the only main criticisms I can see are that his right hand (the one he's pointing up with) looks a little odd, and that his beak is a little too orange - though since I know your crayon choice is limited, it's not exactly a big problem  :p

Awesome picture though, nice job!

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Very nice!  I have to agree with bushwacked here, that this is one of the best drawings that I have seen from you thus far.  Keep up the good work!

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thank you very much! :lol: I'm glad you like it. :)