The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What movies did you see this year

thebigdeal · 106 · 10683

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dash The Longneck,Jan 2 2010 on  06:45 AM
Quote from: MrDrake,Jan 1 2010 on  04:09 AM
The latest one I saw at the movies was Alvin and the Chipminks: The Squequel and I shall give it an 8/10, as I thought it was a nice little family film indeed.

Still must see Sherlock Holmes and The Princess and the Frog, only ones there that have caught my eye at the moment.
Yo man, are you the same Drake from the Sparky boards? It's me Cadpigfan what's up man?
Wait.....you're cadpigfan?  Wow, what a small world this is.....what are the odds of that now? XD

Forgot to also add in Night at the Museum 1 & 2

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I saw Ice Age Collection Course and it was terrible I'd give it a 5/10. It was halfway decent In my opinion.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Can we please stop with the massive pictures already?  They are stretching the page, which I believe is a violation of the site rules.  Also, they have no context and are not rally contributing anything worthwhile to the discussion.  They're basically just spam.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
My GF and I saw Pete's Dragon yesterday.  We both enjoyed it.  We also have a Build-a-Bear plushie of Elliot that I named Jake.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes it's the remake to the old one. I might check it out it looks alright and decent.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Watched The Good Dinosaur the other day. It is definitely 2nd rate Pixar, but it was still good. Three scenes in particular stand out for me: the scene with the sticks, the "sky sharks" scene, and the scene near the end. The sky sharks scene was very intense.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Got dragged to "Lights Out" Slept with the light on.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I watched many horror movies not one of them scared me at all. Like I saw The Conjuring on television and it didn't scare me one bit. Not one jump scare frightened me at all. I may see lights out not one scare in the movie will bother me. I guess I'm immune to horror movies.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Watched The Good Dinosaur the other day. It is definitely 2nd rate Pixar, but it was still good. Three scenes in particular stand out for me: the scene with the sticks, the "sky sharks" scene, and the scene near the end. The sky sharks scene was very intense.
I disagree with your statement that the movie is only second rate Pixar. It was one of the best and most touching movies they made to this day   :yes

I do, however, fully agree with the scenes that you picked being particularly outstanding from the movie.

- The "sticks scene" as you title it (I'd probably rather refer to it as the "Remembering family scene") is easily the most touching scene of the whole movie. Arlo and Spot so different from each other and they don't really understand each other but, here, they understand each other and both can feel the pain of the other. I think it's the scene that really sealed them together and just the way it was done was outstanding. Refering to family with sticks... simple idea but it has worked tremendously well.

- I hope I do not confuse what scene you're referring to here. It's either one of the scenes including Thunderclap and his minions or the scene of Arlo lifting Spot through the clouds. Either way, both scenes were really good. The Flyers were good villains (unlike any Sharptooth from the sequels of LBT) and the scene where Arlo lift Spot through the clouds is very heartwarming and a lot of fun to watch :smile

- the ending scene... I think I do not have to say much about this one... it speaks for itself in its brilliance and emotionality. Saying good bye always has a lot of potential to be a tear-jerker but it has to be done right... and Pixar did! :yes

I watched many horror movies not one of them scared me at all. Like I saw The Conjuring on television and it didn't scare me one bit. Not one jump scare frightened me at all.
Same for me. I don't see the point of horror movies. For me, they're boring and pointless but that's just my opinion, others say the same about animated movies :p
Inactive, probably forever.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I was avoiding spoilers but I guess the movie's been out a while that I didn't need to. The scene I was referring to with the "sky sharks" was where the pterodactyls were circling Arlo and Spot with their beaks protruding from the clouds, resembling shark fins in water. The music that accompanied this scene gave me chills.
When Spot knocks over his parent sticks and buries them freakin' killed me. I wasn't expecting that. I teared up. Then the goodbye scene just messed me up. :cry
To be fair, I say 2nd rate Pixar isn't bad. It's just there wasn't much new,  and the story never really pushed any boundaries like most other Pixar movies. I still enjoyed it. It is a wonderful and beautiful movie. Plus, dem visuals; the landscapes looked so real. The water, especially, was gorgeous.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
@Ducky123 I also agree with you. Horror movies are very boring and very non scary. They use very cheap effects and you kinda know when the Jump scares will happen. And true they're pointless movies and some of them have zero effort put into them in my opinion.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I finally saw "Sausage Party" today.  If you appreciate sick humor, don't mind the F-word used extensively, and just want to watch something ridiculous, then this film is for you :lol.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Sep 11 2016 on  09:31 PM
I finally saw "Sausage Party" today.  If you appreciate sick humor, don't mind the F-word used extensively, and just want to watch something ridiculous, then this film is for you :lol.
I'm doing my best to forget that movie, and it won't stop popping up. :lol
I could have gone my life without watching the, ahem, ending. I'm not ashamed to admit I laughed at some parts of the movie. But yeah, it goes out if its way to be tastelessly offensive to everyone. No one is safe from being made the butt of a joke.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It got huge reviews that where very positive. Got a 100% on rotten tomatoes witch was shocking to me. I'll see the movie soon enough tho. I don't mind raunchy vulgar comedy movies at all.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The scene I was referring to with the "sky sharks" was where the pterodactyls were circling Arlo and Spot with their beaks protruding from the clouds, resembling shark fins in water. The music that accompanied this scene gave me chills.
Oh you mean that scene... Well, I do admit it was quite an impressive scene with the haunting soundtrack in the background. These Flyers were great villains.

When Spot knocks over his parent sticks and buries them freakin' killed me. I wasn't expecting that. I teared up. Then the goodbye scene just messed me up. dino_sad.gif
You're not alone there, I also teared up (which I rarely do when watching movies, not even LBT 1 makes me tear up... one of the reasons why I'm thinking so high of this movie)

To be fair, I say 2nd rate Pixar isn't bad. It's just there wasn't much new, and the story never really pushed any boundaries like most other Pixar movies. I still enjoyed it. It is a wonderful and beautiful movie. Plus, dem visuals; the landscapes looked so real. The water, especially, was gorgeous.
Well, the more content they create, the harder it'll be to be original and unique  ^^spike I do understand your POV now though. And yes, the landscapes were outstanding, looking so close to reality at times that it was hard to imagine this was still an animated movie I was seeing and not a live-action movie. Yes, the water was friggin' amazing... and scary during the two scenes of raging water (imagine this is coming your way, daaamn...)

I finally saw "Sausage Party" today. If you appreciate sick humor, don't mind the F-word used extensively, and just want to watch something ridiculous, then this film is for you dino_laugh.gif.
Oh dear, I've only just seen the trailer last week. From what I can tell... if I ever get around to see this movie, it'll be to see just how messed up it is :DD Kinda did this with the Angry Birds Movie too and got positively surprised so who knows... might give it a shot
Inactive, probably forever.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,Sep 12 2016 on  07:48 AM
Oh dear, I've only just seen the trailer last week. From what I can tell... if I ever get around to see this movie, it'll be to see just how messed up it is :DD Kinda did this with the Angry Birds Movie too and got positively surprised so who knows... might give it a shot
You know, it actually is surprisingly funny. I think the excessive, and in my opinion forced, swearing was what turned me off ... and the ending :neutral ... But some of the jokes landed really well. I have to say my favorite character in the film was the wonderful Salma Hayek as a taco shell. She delivers all of her lines perfectly in my opinion. :lol

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm gonna watch it in theaters some time maybe next week I'll go watch it since I'm on vacation from work.