The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

New to the Big Screen

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Hey gang!
Looks like a few topics have been removed coz I was going to put this up in the "15 fav movies" topic but I noticed it wasnt there anymore!  :huh: LOL So in light of this, I made a new topic about new movie releases. Anyone been to the big screen recently?

A went to see Team America: World Police with my housemates on Saturday. Boy oh boy was it funny as!!!  :lol I'd never laughed so hard! The puppets in it were great! Kinda Thunderbirds style but just so much funnier. Wouldn't mind going to see it again.  :DD

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Actually it's still there.....topics that haven't been replied to in a month will disappear but there's a thing at the bottom where you can view messages "from the beginning" rather than the "past 30 days". ;)

Nope....I'm not a theater person....I wait to rent.  It's cheaper to do that. ;)  As of late there's been nothing good out there worth watching.  -_-

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I plan to see a "series of Unfortunate Events". I've been meaning to, but work keeps getting in the way.
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Went to see Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy last night. Great stuff! Some of the most random stuff in that film. Like a towel being the most essential thing to take when travelling to another galaxy. :rolleyes: PMSL The best character was Marvin the depressed robot. He's so funny in that even when he's being heroic he's still pessimistic about everything. A good comedy I'd advise going to see  :yes

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
"Kindgom of Heaven" for me, mates. That and "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" later this year.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
The last movie I saw at the theater was Shrek 2, so I haven't been to many movies in a long while.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm sorry to say my last was Miss Congeniality 2 because I didn't like it when all was said and done.  -_-

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I Hope to see Star Wars , War of the Worlds and The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe.
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
You know, I'm not surprised that "Miss Congeniality 2" wasn't good. It didn't have Benjamin Bratt. His personality bouncing off of Sandra Bolluck's really helped the previous one.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I noticed that....why did they take out one of the stars of the first one is beyond me.  :blink:  I might've liked it more if those two worked with each other again like it was in the first one.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Probably the biggest movie I'm waiting for has to be Square Enix's Final Fantasy 7 movie "Advent Children". I've seen teaser trailers (in Japanese) and the CGI looks incredible!!! I'd expect nothing less from Square Enix but Europe's got a loooonnnngggg wait ahead of 'em :( Think the last trailer announced the release dates and it's planned for US release in mid-Sept time (around the 17th if I remember rightly)

If anyone's interested, here's a link to a game page that shows the trailer...

GameTrailers...Advent Children Vid

if you're not interested in it from the plot or gaming POV, just check out the animation....it is top-notch stuff!!! :yes

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'll get to Madagascar.....probably when it hits video stores.  <_< I don't think I'll be able to get to it in theaters.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I Saw Batman Begins yesterday, and it was awesome! I highly recommend it!
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
There are actually quite a few movies I wanna get out and see. Batman Begins being one of them. I also wanna see Madagascar and the new Fantastic 4 flick! I'm not a massive, die-hard fan of Marvel but I saw the trailers for it and it looks top-notch! ;)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I've seen "Fantastic Four" it was fantasically good! So was "Batman Begins". Both of the most recent super hero flicks were exactly what they were supposed to be.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Good good! All the more reason for my wanting to see it. I'm also waiting on X-men 3 which is due to hit around summer next year! They've got Gambit, Beast and the Phoenix appearing in this installment...can't wait!  ;)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i saw 'charlie and the Chocolate Factory" this week. I loved the 1971 version, but this  was very good too. But Wonka and the Oompa Loomopas looked quite creepy, Deep looked like he was pretending to be Micheal Jackson, and I got queasy when i saw the dozens of OLs with the same head :blink:
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I was disappointed, big time, by this new adaptations. It was supposed to be closer to the book, and it was in many ways, but Burton proved what a hypocrite he is by changing a bit too much, just like the '71 version, which was far superior. Wilder definitely brought out the appealing side of Wonka more.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I did go and see this as well, and it too was quite good.  It's been ages since I've read the book, but from what I can recall, it wasn't as friendly as the 1971 version, but yet I also don't think it was as queer as Burton's take on it.  Also, I don't remember Wonka being pure gold in the book either.  Both films have their pluses and minuses respectively.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I know the book by heart and Wonka isn't all nice and chummy, he has a touch a menace to him. While this was more faithful to the book in terms of dialougue the 1971  version was closer in terms of whimsy.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: