The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Lion King

Kit12 · 114 · 10141

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
well it's alot better than making Yuna like scar.

Besides how do explain mufasa's ghost if there's no magic. and holy can mean sacred, like how cetain places have important signifigance. And besides whatis the point of an Rp if you an't expand the mythos of a franchise?

again I said in the posts that the royal blood line was wiped out and the council was a stop gap messure that turned into a broken system, and it's not like I'm droping optimus and megatron into the pridelands( That's my beast wars Idea) I'm baseing characters who are 100% orgainic loins on their personalities.

and This story Idea is inspired by the back stories of Optimus and megatron the same way lion king was influenced by hamlet, Romeo and Juliet and that one play that tells hamlet from the prospective of the sidekicks.

also If your going to stick to the movie then you might want to reconsider the babboons entirely, since last time I checked, babboon cults were not in the story either.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
babboons work much better than anything you proposed since they are at least african animals. there are no councils, monsarchies and prides do not work that way rocky. what you proposed does not work, and you need to try again. Mufasas ghost appearing is not magic but rather supernatural. it is a nod to hamlet. ghosts are not magical, they are literally the form of a dead creature..as i sauid i do not want transformers in way shape or form in this story.. even as inspiration..you have beast wars for that/. tryy again.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
forthermore roclky this is now the second lk rpo you have sidetracked
 the first one, you sidetracked after nearly 50 pages by focusing almost completely on your character damon and making him a completely unlikable  character and not letting the plot progress as the rest of us wanted. we could not continue because your character wanted to sacrifice himself or kill himself.  n we rebotted the rp, but now the story is at a standstill again , because you have moved the babbons from a small infilrating group to completely overrunning the entire pridelands in just a few posts, and now want to bring in elements clearly imspired by transformers, but that have absolutely no place in a story about the lion king. councils, sacred places and wiping out entire royal lines does nothing to connect this kingdom to the parameters of the settings. yuna does not have to be like scar, you can have him be brown maned with blue eyes and have him be a good lion. if you cannot rp well with others, rocky then perhaps this particular rp is not for you. I do not want to have to reboot this a second time. but if we cannot get this story moving again, than i will have no choice but to do so.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
OK scrap it how about this Idea.

Marsh ridge was once a peaceful land ruled by King Yuna and his brother Lord high protector Sparta. They ruled as equals, one fair the other firm. But In Time Sparta became convinced his input and postion were both diminishing, began to oppose Yuna more and more. In Time a civil war errupted in marshridge as the kingdom was divided by a tragic war that has divided families, destroyed friendships and devastated a once great land.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Marshridge is not an African name. and rocky there are no  councills in a monarchy
 you have kings and princes, queens and princesses. sparta is a prince.and even using your scenario there would be no reason for simba or kopa to involve themselves in another kingdoms civil war.the kingdoms usually keep to themselves.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
who says it has to have an african Name? Pride rock is an african jname and besides. who said anthing about a council. I'm talking abot Sparta simply thinking that his position in the royal family is not getting the proper respect.

also your the one wwants them to go to Yuna's kingdom in first place. and in my original scenario, It was the spirits of the 13 original kings who annointed Yuna as king. But I could change it to where the land fell into total chaos until Yuna was choosen by the 13 original lion kings as the new king for that land.

Besides what's wrong with Marshridge, the whole Idea it is not an african ame is kind of a weak defense.

Scar
Banzai (Ten thousand years in japanese)
Ed

are three examples of non african names in the franchise

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I did not want to go to Yunas kingdom,. it was your character that suggested it. While kingsdoms have thier own unique customs and traditionds, ythey are mostly similiar
 in the lk world, the ones who are disrespected are spares, royal backups. we could say that Sparta is a spare, whether first second or third i leave to you. what seperates spares is thier birth order and thier abilities.. what i am trying to get at it Rocky is this.  You can expoand the mythos but you must try and balance it with how real lion prides work. you can have enemy babbons jaguars royal cubs raised by  shamans, do as your heart fancies.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Honestly, I think we should just reboot again. This is the second time our plot has been completely derailed without allowing others to have the time to properly respond.

I'll admit, I got tired of how both rps had their focuses completely shifted to virtually unlikable characters.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
ok, we are going to reboot again. I'm Sorry Rocky but we're going to have to ask that you not particpate in the reboot.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I humbuly ask for one more chance, Please.

I'll dump Makaila and Damon and start over

Name: Chui
Specoies: Leopard
Appearance: Chui is you typical leopard cub, aside from only having half a tail, He won't say where it came from, but it was the result of babboons who also killed his mom.
Personality: After a brief period of mopping and mourning. He is a cheerful and plyful cub curious to learn about the world around him. Chui is eager to make friends, even if their not leopards.
Bio: Chui's life was average for a leopard, except his mother abandoned him at birth. however his sister, who lost a cub raised Chui until the day Babboons attacked his sister's hunting territory after he wandered away from the safety of his Den. Chui was able to escape, but with half his tail gone and his sister dead. He met Kopa and Neutari who helped him cope and he's stuck with them ever since.

Please don't black list me,I'll be good I promise.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
fine, but this is your last chance.  don';t sidetrack the rp.. it takes away the fun from the other players..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
At this point, I'd rather reboot a second time or at least retcon a good bit of the 2nd rp.

We explained our problems with how the first one went, but you continued them in the first reboot

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
you can play as Chui , and I'd keep makaila, it weas Damon we had such issues with.  hes there but we wont use him.. we're goping to start fresjh i think/..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
good point. I also have an Idea were Chui develops a fear of blood beacause of loosing his Sister, maybe a side story or two about him being a leopard among lions, but otherwise he will be a playful energetic cub. Also I think the Babboon leader could wear chui's sister's pelt as a sign of his status, having made it into a hood and cape to wear.

as well as Chui and Kopa having a father/Son relationship due to kopa being the closest thing Chui has to a father.

also could I be rafiki too, since you got Nutari.