The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Best of Christmas on TV

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
With Thanksgiving over, Christmas is going to invade television once again.  In some cases we get something crappy, but other times we get something good, and we are going to talk about the best of the best of Christmas shows. :)

So, talk about your most favorite Christmas show.

I'll start with, A Christmas Carol.

Which one?  Well, pretty much all of them.  I can't say anything about the latest one that's out in theaters because I have yet to see it, but as for the rest, they're actually quite good.  It's rather interesting to see how many adaptations can be made out of the classic story from Charles Dickens.

One in particular is the Disney one.  I mean, they were able to tell the whole story rather well in just under half an hour, and that takes real talent.

Another I find good is the Muppet's Version.  I just love those guys and for them to do a Musical Movie out of it, was not only daring, but also done quite well.

I will admit that I've tried to make a fanfiction out of this once.  Something that was played close to the book's original thought.  It was harder than I expected and a feat I have yet to complete.  No wonder they take all year with something like this. :rolleyes:

Still, whether it be the original, The Muppet's Version, Disney, or even one that is out of proportion with it, A Christmas Carol is one that will always stand.

Now it's your turn.  Post your choice for "The Best of Christmas". :)