The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

If you could change one thing in LBT

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
This could be anything, but it can only be ONE thing.  It can be a big thing even going so far as to have NO songs in any of the movies or the TV series and have the sequels and stuff be like the original, but it has to be one thing.

This could be
  • Petrie being a fish eater instead of a leaf eater
  • Chomper being a leaf eater instead
  • Topps being really tolerant
  • Petrie being brave instead of being a coward
  • Spike talking regularly
  • Chomper being bad instead of good
  • Sharptooth surviving the end of the first movie
  • Ozzy and Strut dying
  • Dil actually eats Ichy
  • Bron is never introduced
  • Littlefoot's mother survives
  • one of the main characters dies
  • Pterano stays bad
  • Petrie has a father shown
  • Ducky's father talks
  • Littlefoot being abducted by Rainbow Face aliens
  • The Stone of Cold Fire actually having powers with it
  • Ducky not using "Yep yep yep" or "No, no no".
  • Petrie actually would talk in regular English
  • Cera actually being a coward who likes to hide a lot

among other things.

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
It's hard to chose one thing I would change about The Land Before Time series; here is a list of the changes I would make:

1: Make Topsy more tolerant towards other species
2: Give Littlefoot a few blood related siblings (That's a big gotta do for me)
3: Have the characters get punished
4: Introduce more illnesses to the series
5: Omit all the baby names for everyday phrases like sleep story, sky water, sky colors and sniffer; use the real world words like dream, rain, rainbow and nose
6: Have the characters get injured; even fictional characters get injured
7: Introduce Bron by the time Littlefoot hatches
8: Keep Cera's mom and sisters alive
9: Keep Littlefoot's mom alive
10: Give Spike his real parents
11: Have Petrie speak proper English

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Might as well say, I have checked what would happen if Mama Longneck was kept alive.  It would be the end of LBT as we know it.

Here is what the timeline might look like, given what we know happens as is.

Land Before Time (original) events

Scenario 1:  Littlefoot does not wander off.  Sharptooth goes after Cera instead of both Littlefoot and Cera.  As Littlefoot does not call for his mother, as he is still asleep, Sharptooth eats Cera for a late night snack.  Sharptooth continues on his reign of terror afterward, killing and eating more dinosaurs the rest of his evil life.   (Note, the events after this are the same as Scenario 2.)

Scenario 2:  Littlefoot and Cera are chased by Sharptooth.  They are rescued by Littlefoot's mother, who is able to dodge being mortal wounded by Sharptooth.  Sharptooth may or may not have been killed (if he isn't, he will kill again over and over for the rest of his life.)  The Great Earthshake happens.  Herds are separated.  Littlefoot remains with his alive mother and never meets Cera, Ducky, Petrie, or Spike.   Cera may have met the others and led them.  They likely would have followed Cera to the Mountains that Burn, where Ducky, Petrie, and Spike would not have been saved by Littlefoot, who never met them, and hence perished in lava.  Cera, unable to be rescued by the others, would have become a snack for Domeheads.  Littlefoot is the only main character left of the five now and comes to the Great Valley with his mother.  However, he is dismayed to see that, unlike what his mother thought, there seem to be few longnecks to play with and, having never met Cera, Ducky, Petrie, and Spike, may have been a believer in herd separation and hence had few friends.

Land Before Time II: Great Valley Adventure events

- As Cera, Ducky, Petrie, and Spike have died, Littlefoot wasn't awoken by them and slept through the night.  Ozzy and Strut meanwhile, unbothered by the kids, most of whom have died, are able to get eggs without being hampered.  

-  As Littlefoot slept through the night, Chomper's egg wasn't moved.  They never became friends.  Chomper hatches and stays with his parents.  He becomes a regular sharptooth, learning to eat the meat of other dinosaurs.  

Land Before Time IV: Journey through the Mists (which may have come before Land Before Time III chronologically) events

-  Littlefoot and Ali set out alone, as they actually did in the regular universe Land Before Time, and try and get the Night Flower to save Grandpa Longneck.  However, without the help of the others, Ali is unable to break the rocks after the earthshake alone.  Littlefoot and Archie are killed and eaten by Dil and Ichy.

-  Not getting the Nightflower, Grandpa Longneck succumbs to his illness and dies.

-  Ali has some explaining to do to Littlefoot's mother and Grandma Longneck of why Littlefoot will never be coming back.  The two older longneck's mourn the deaths of both Littlefoot and Grandpa Longneck.

- It is possible that Grandma Longneck and Littlefoot's mother may have left the Great Valley with Ali's herd, as Grandpa Longneck and Littlefoot are dead.   If they did, there will be no more longnecks left in the Great Valley.  

- Ali spends the rest of her life haunted by the death of Littlefoot, likley beating herself up for agreeing to take him toward the Land of Mists.  The two have no hope of falling in  love now as Littlefoot is dead.  

Archie would also perish as he wouldn't be rescued as Cera, Ducky, Petrie, and Spike would be dead.  

Land Before Time III: The Time of Great Giving (events)

- With all of the gang dead, except possibly Littlefoot, Hyp wans't rescued and died in the tar pit.

- Members of the Great Valley may have died without the help of Cera, Ducky, Petrie, and Spike, Hyp, and possibly Littlefoot.

- Had Littlefoot been around and Journey through the Mists taken place later, Littlefoot, Nod, and Mutt might have  died, unable to push the boulder at the Velociraptors without the help of Cera, Ducky, Petrie, Spike, and Hyp.

- Cera's father, assuming Land Before Time IV took place before this one, may have perished in the fire as Grandpa Longneck wasn't alive to rescue him.  

Land Before Time V: The Mysterious Island (events)

- with Littlefoot and the gang dead and without Grandpa Longneck, the herds would undoubtably have split up, many may have died of hunger and thirst, and it is unknown how many, if any, would return to the Great Valley as they wouldn't have found all of the food wihtout the children's efforts.

- Chomper continues to eat meat and continues on his path to be a regular Sharptooth

Land Before Time VI: Secrets of Saurus Rock events

- Events here aren't as drastic, though the Great Valley might not be that inhabited after the events of the previous movie in this altered universe.  However, Topps, Grandpa Longneck, and the five main characters are dead here.  

- Bad luck wouldn't have hit the Great Valley, as Saurus Rock was never broken.  However, given the other events of this altered timeline, this is very small consolation indeed.  

- As Grandpa Longneck is dead and Doc wold never have gone near Saurus Rock, the two sharpteeth seen in the Great Valley might still be alive.

Land Before Time VII: The Stone of Cold Fire  events

- Without anyone believing that there is good in him and with no chance at redemption, Pterano would almost certainly have remained bad and, over time, become as evil as Rinkus and Sierra.

Land Before Time VIII: The Big Freeze events

- Without being able to help the children, Mr. Thicknose might not have been able to get redemption and may have fallen out of favor with the grownups and lost his teaching position.

- The Mountain Sharptooth, having never been killed by Thicknose as he'd have no reason to go into the Mysterious Beyond, would have lived and killed more dinosaurs for food.

- Tippy and his herd, having not been rescued by the others, as they are all dead, would have died of hunger in the Mysterious Beyond.

Land Before Time IX: Journey to Big Water events

- Mo, having not been helped to find his home again, may well have been killed by the Swimming Sharptooth when he got free.

Land Before Time X: Great Longneck Migration events

- Grandma Longneck goes on the journey with Littlefoot's mother.  Grandpa Longneck and Littlefoot have long been dead.

- There they meet Bron, who hears the sad news that his son and father-in-law have died.  Littlefoot's Mother would have lived with her husband upon finding him.  Grandma Longneck, now a widow, may also have stayed with them.  In this case, there would be no longnecks left in the Great Valley.

Land Before Time XI: Invasion of the Tinysauruses events

- Big Daddy and the other Tinysauruses, having never befriended Littlefoot and the others as they are all dead, will remain wary of bigger dinosaurs for the rest of their lives.

- As Topps may have died, Tria never falls in love with him.  

Land Before Time XII: The Great Day of Flyers events

- Tricia may never have been born as Topps may have died.

- The Great Day of Flyers would never have been altered by Petrie as he died years earlier.

- Tricia would have drowned, if she had been born at all.

-  Guido may well have fallen to his death while sleep walking as the others wouldn't have been there to rescue him.

Land Before Time XIII: The Wisdom of Friends events

- It isn't known here how things may have differed, though Loofah and Doofah might have come to a bad end without the other characters being alive.

TV Series events

- The TV Series would, for all intents and purposes, have been about Chomper, a leat-eater killing meat eater, and Ruby as the Gang of Five are all dead by that point.  

- As Chomper would NEVER have been let into the Great Valley, Chomper and Ruby would have had to have spent the rest of their lives running around the Mysterious Beyond running from Red Claw and his Fast Biters, perhaps one day coming to a bad end at their hand.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Giving Spike his real parents could also open up the possibility that he'd leave the Gang of Five.

Adding Bron may well have produced the Armageddon scenario I mentioned in the post above, even if his wife did die, as Littlefoot would have never met the others, and you know the rest.  

On the more humorous side, I'd like to add the following line to Mysterious Island, after they ran from Chomper and Chomper finds them.

Chomper: Why did you guys run?  Does my breath smell that    bad???

Also, maybe I'm goofy, but it would have been amusing to, rather than have Strut stoop to his brother's level, wanting to murder Littlefoot, instead say he thinks Ozzy is going too far and that this is dumb over just stupid eggs, Ozzy says he'll do it himself, goes to the cliff with Littlefoot, also grabs Chomper when Chomper tries to save Littlefoot.  Strut would try and stop Ozzy.  Ozzy would push over Strut and say he'll always be weak.   Then Chomper's parents would come and chase Ozzy off and Strut would say "I don't need you anyway."  after his brother and then pick up leaves and eat them, happy again.  Heck, he could be friendly with Littlefoot and we could have had a nice egg stealer just like we had a nice Sharptooth character.  

Also, if I weren't so fond of Ichy, I'd be humorous, have had Dil actually eat him and then say "Wow, that big mouth tasted kinda feathery." and then have her chased off, as actually happened in the movie.

Also, I'd have altered LBT original ending to have the final fight and the death scene in the Mountains that Burn instead of outside the Great Valley.  Everything would go the same, except, as Petrie couldn't survive it the way I'd alter it, he wouldn't fall with Sharptooth, but Sharptooth would go into lava instead of water as I thought drowning was too nice a death for the most
sinister villain in the series.

Also, I'd have plated Sharpooth back away at first, though he'd plan to come back.  The kids would be trapped against the sea and swimming Sharptooth and Chomper's parents.

Chomper's Mother: (Speaking in Sharptooth) At least, food!
Chomper:  (Speaking in Sharptooth) NOOOOO!
Chomper's Father: (Speaking in Sharptooth) Nice job at catching them!  Now move out of the way!
Chomper: (Putting himself in front of Littlefoot) (Speaking in Sharptooth) You want to eat him, you'll have to eat me too!
Chomper's Parents: (Angry) (Speaking in Sharptooth) Get out of the way NOW Chomper!
Chomper:  (Speaking in Sharptooth) No, they're my friends!
Chimper's Parents: (Speaking in Sharptooth) Fine, we won't eat them!  
Chomper's Fahher: (Speaking in Sharptooth) I guess this explains you getting plants earlier.
Chomper: (To his friends) I got them to not you!
Littlefoot: See Cera, I told you Chomper could be trusted!  
Cera: Look out!
(Plated Sharptooth comes back, making a go at Littlefoot & Co.  However, Chomnper's father knocks him off the edge with his tail.  However, Plated Sharptooth takes Chomper with him and Littlefoot goes after him.  things then continue as they did in the movie, with the exception that Chomper's parents don't say they won't eat Littlefoot & Co later as they already have now.)

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Great insight and analysis, LittlefootAndAliTogether. I read the whole thing ^-^

thelonedinosaur27

• Ruby
    • View Profile
LittlefootAndAliTogether...I'm speechless.  That timeline is brutal.  Makes sense if you think about it though.  However, I don't buy 4 coming before 3.  3 came out first and 4 is a sequel, not a prequel.

thelonedinosaur27

• Ruby
    • View Profile
The Butterfly Effect.  Change one thing, no matter how small, can alter the future in big ways.  Although keeping Littlefoot's mom alive is no small matter, thats a life to be saved.  yet saving one life destroys countless others.  You can't win.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: thelonedinosaur27,Dec 21 2014 on  07:57 PM
LittlefootAndAliTogether...I'm speechless.  That timeline is brutal.  Makes sense if you think about it though.  However, I don't buy 4 coming before 3.  3 came out first and 4 is a sequel, not a prequel.
Well, some theorize that 4 came before 3 as Grandma Longneck says the Valley hadn't changed that much, but, well, there was that wildfire in 3.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
What is REALLY ironic is that, if his not dead mother in the Alternate Universe timeline above didn't leave after her son and father died, then she would have left with her mother in V when the leaf gobblers came and Topp's decision would have ruled the day (no kids to run away or Grandpa Longneck to challenge the decision)  and they well could have starved to death due to lack of food in V, or, come across something nasty.  In short, she might have died anyway .  

Also, for that matter, Ali mighta not heard Littlefoot and Archie die or thought they might have just ran, eventually broken through the rocks, met Dil and Ichy and come to a bad end (might as well axe Ali is Littelfoot is no longer around for her to marry.   :lol  )  Then Dil and Ichy would say "You know, maybe this partnership does pay off after all."  and we'd get some very dark and sick humor.

Still, to think that to bring the Great Valley and loads of inhabitants inside and out to ruin, all Sharptooth had to do was not kill Mama Longneck.  Who would have thought?   :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol

Sharptooth: Yes, please, I LOVE that idea!  ROAR!  I like the one where I live and all the others don't!  PLEASE!  PLEASE!  PLEASE!   :smile  :smile  :smile  :smile  :smile  :smile  :smile  :smile  :smile  :smile  :!  :!  :!  :!  :!

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, some theorize that 4 came before 3 as Grandma Longneck says the Valley hadn't changed that much, but, well, there was that wildfire in 3.
Continuity... the writers didn't care much about that :(
Inactive, probably forever.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Though technically Ali and Archie would not be dead because Littlefoot would have never convinced Ali to come to the Land of Mists while Archie would have no reason to have been facing the bellydragger, while the other kids (assuming they lived through I-III) wouldn't have--

nevermind I mean if they died in the first one then none of the rest would've happened really lol  :lol

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ludichris1,Dec 22 2014 on  01:09 PM
Though technically Ali and Archie would not be dead because Littlefoot would have never convinced Ali to come to the Land of Mists while Archie would have no reason to have been facing the bellydragger, while the other kids (assuming they lived through I-III) wouldn't have--

nevermind I mean if they died in the first one then none of the rest would've happened really lol  :lol
Note, assuming IV did take place after IV and Littlefoot's mother was still around to take him to the Great Valley and Grandpa Longneck was still in danger and Littlefoot WAS able to survive III, then yes, I can still see him going to the Land of Mists with Ali.   Ali was afraid to go with the others anyway.  She only came back to get the others as she thought she couldn't break through the rock slide on her own.  Had the others died years earlier, obviously she wouldn't have come back.  (Though perhaps she would have gotten the grown ups instead.  However, if that scenario happens, then Littlefoot may have been rescued, though the grown ups would have really punished him and Ali, and, Grandpa Longneck still woulda died.  All this meant is that the Littlefoot, his mother, and Grandma Longneck would go off as their herd, possibly alone, in V, if they didn't leave in IV.  At the very least, we seemed to traded the life of Littlefoot's mother for that of his grandfather.)

Also, maybe Littlefoot, Grandma Longneck, and his mother would have died of hunger in V.  

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Actually, I have updated the doomday timeline where Mama Longneck is spared.  It's even grimmer now.  

Scenario 1: Littlefoot does not wander off. Sharptooth goes after Cera instead of both Littlefoot and Cera. As Littlefoot does not call for his mother, as he is still asleep, Sharptooth eats Cera for a late night snack. Sharptooth continues on his reign of terror afterward, killing and eating more dinosaurs the rest of his evil life. (Note, the events after this are the same as Scenario 2.)

Scenario 2: Littlefoot and Cera are chased by Sharptooth. They are rescued by Littlefoot's mother, who is able to dodge being mortal wounded by Sharptooth. Sharptooth may or may not have been killed (if he isn't, he will kill again over and over for the rest of his life.) The Great Earthshake happens. Herds are separated. Littlefoot remains with his alive mother and never meets Cera, Ducky, Petrie, or Spike. Cera may have met the others and led them. They likely would have followed Cera to the Mountains that Burn, where Ducky, Petrie, and Spike would not have been saved by Littlefoot, who never met them, and hence perished in lava. Cera, unable to be rescued by the others, would have become a snack for Domeheads. Littlefoot is the only main character left of the five now and comes to the Great Valley with his mother. However, he is dismayed to see that, unlike what his mother thought, there seem to be few longnecks to play with and, having never met Cera, Ducky, Petrie, and Spike, may have been a believer in herd separation and hence had few friends.

- As Cera, Ducky, Petrie, and Spike have died, Littlefoot wasn't awoken by them and slept through the night. Ozzy and Strut meanwhile, unbothered by the kids, most of whom have died, are able to get eggs without being hampered.

- As Littlefoot slept through the night, Chomper's egg wasn't moved. They never became friends. Chomper hatches and stays with his parents. He becomes a regular sharptooth, learning to eat the meat of other dinosaurs.

- With all of the gang dead, except possibly Littlefoot, Hyp wans't rescued and died in the tar pit.

- Members of the Great Valley may have died without the help of Cera, Ducky, Petrie, and Spike, Hyp.

- Without Hyp, Ducky, Cera, Petrie, and Spike, Littlefoot, Nod, and Mutt may have been unable to repeal the Fast Biters and died too.  

Land Before Time IV: Journey through the Mists (which may have come before Land Before Time III chronologically) events

- Littlefoot and Ali set out alone, as they actually did in the regular universe Land Before Time, and try and get the Night Flower to save Grandpa Longneck. However, without the help of the others, Ali is unable to break the rocks after the earthshake alone. Littlefoot and Archie are killed and eaten by Dil and Ichy.

- Not getting the Nightflower, Grandpa Longneck succumbs to his illness and dies.

- Ali has some explaining to do to Littlefoot's mother and Grandma Longneck of why Littlefoot will never be coming back. The two older longneck's mourn the deaths of both Littlefoot and Grandpa Longneck.

- It is possible that Grandma Longneck and Littlefoot's mother may have left the Great Valley with Ali's herd, as Grandpa Longneck and Littlefoot are dead. If they did, there will be no more longnecks left in the Great Valley.

- Ali spends the rest of her life haunted by the death of Littlefoot, likley beating herself up for agreeing to take him toward the Land of Mists. The two have no hope of falling in love now as Littlefoot is dead.

-  Ali also, alternatively, could have gone through the rocks and met Dil and Ichy and died as well.  

- with Littlefoot and the gang dead and without Grandpa Longneck, the herds would undoubtably have split up, many may have died of hunger and thirst, and it is unknown how many, if any, would return to the Great Valley as they wouldn't have found all of the food wihtout the children's efforts.

- Chomper continues to eat meat and continues on his path to be a regular Sharptooth

- Plated Sharptooth lives to kill for the rest of his evil life  as Littlefoot & co, who are dead, never forced him to fight Chomper's parents, so he never drowned.  

- Events here aren't as drastic, though the Great Valley might not be that inhabited after the events of the previous movie in this altered universe. However, Topps, Grandpa Longneck, and the five main characters are dead here.

- Bad luck wouldn't have hit the Great Valley, as Saurus Rock was never broken. However, given the other events of this altered timeline, this is very small consolation indeed.

- As Grandpa Longneck is dead and Doc wold never have gone near Saurus Rock, the two sharpteeth seen in the Great Valley might still be alive.

Land Before Time VII: The Stone of Cold Fire events

- Without anyone believing that there is good in him and with no chance at redemption, Pterano would almost certainly have remained bad and, over time, become as evil as Rinkus and Sierra.

- Without being able to help the children, Mr. Thicknose might not have been able to get redemption and may have fallen out of favor with the grownups and lost his teaching position.

- The Mountain Sharptooth, having never been killed by Thicknose as he'd have no reason to go into the Mysterious Beyond, would have lived and killed more dinosaurs for food.

- Tippy and his herd, having not been rescued by the others, as they are all dead, would have died of hunger in the Mysterious Beyond.

- Mo, having not been helped to find his home again, may well have been killed by the Swimming Sharptooth when he got free.

- Grandma Longneck goes on the journey with Littlefoot's mother. Grandpa Longneck and Littlefoot have long been dead.

- There they meet Bron, who hears the sad news that his son and father-in-law have died. Littlefoot's Mother would have lived with her husband upon finding him. Grandma Longneck, now a widow, may also have stayed with them. In this case, there would be no longnecks left in the Great Valley.

- Without Littlefoot & co being there, Shorty may not have gotten away from the orange Tyranosaurus, meaning possible death of Shorty.

-  Without Littlefoot & Co, Grandpa Longneck, and possibly Shorty, alive, the fight here may have had fatalities.  Possibly Littlefoot's mother and Grandma Longneck could have been among those.

-  As Bron was injured from being bitten, Bron may have died in the fight as he would have had less backup.  

- The male belly dragger (who may have died of hunger in the regular timeline as he got stuck), didn't get stuck here, meaning others may die at his, er, clutches, in future.  

- Big Daddy and the other Tinysauruses, having never befriended Littlefoot and the others as they are all dead, will remain wary of bigger dinosaurs for the rest of their lives.

- The Great Day of Flyers would never have been altered by Petrie as he died years earlier.

- Tricia would have drowned

- Guido may well have fallen to his death while sleep walking/flying as the others wouldn't have been there to rescue him.

- It isn't known here how things may have differed, though Loofah and Doofah might have come to a bad end without the other characters being alive.

- Those sharpteeth that fell off that cliff would still be alive, meaning other dinosaurs wouldn't be in the future

TV Series events

- The TV Series would, for all intents and purposes, have been about Chomper, a leat-eater killing meat eater, and Ruby as the Gang of Five are all dead by that point.

- Had Chomper and his parents encountered Ruby and her family, Ruby and her family would have been eaten.   No way Chomper and Ruby could be friends at any rate.  

- As Chomper would NEVER have been let into the Great Valley, Chomper would have had to have spent the rest of their lives running around the Mysterious Beyond running from Red Claw and his Fast Biters, perhaps one day coming to a bad end at their hand.

- Skip dies in fire with nobody to rescue him.

- Belly Draggers get into Great Valley as there is no "Amazing Threehorn Girl"  to stop them.

- Lydia, Milo, and Plove continue to be terrorized by the Great Hideous Beast.

- Dara dies in the sinking sand as they didn't get there in time.

- Swooper stays in the cave for the rest of his life as he never met Guido or Petrie, both of whom are dead.  

- As Chomper, who kills leaf eaters still, is not welcome in the Great Valley, he was not there to save Mama Flyer, who died from suffocation in the mud.  Petrie's siblings are now orphaned.  As Pterano is a villain, they cannot live with him, or, if they do, are perverted to his bad ways.  

- As Sauro never became the new Story Teller, the Longneck Stories may have been forgotten as Grandpa Longneck is dead and Littlefoot is no longer around to pass them on.  

Post TV Series:

Assuming Chomper somehow beat or got away from Red Claw, Chomper is now a threat to the Great Valley and all leaf eaters, killing and eating them for the rest of his life.  

- Assuming Ali didn't die in IV, she will marry Rhett and NOT Littlefoot.  She is still haunted about the deaths of both Littlefoot and Grandpa Longneck and how she was unable to save them.  (Poor, poor Ali!)

LBT90321

• Spike
    • View Profile
If I could change one thing in the series, it would be the time. Say that its time accurate and it is now at the time where the kids are adults after 30 years almost.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
If I could change one thing about LBT?

Make every sharptooth after the original badass, and not just a couple of them like Plates and Bovus (Horned Sharptooth).
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Quote from: LittlefootAndAliTogether on Dec 23 2014, 01:55:55 AM
Actually, I have updated the doomday timeline where Mama Longneck is spared.  It's even grimmer now.  

Scenario 1: Littlefoot does not wander off. Sharptooth goes after Cera instead of both Littlefoot and Cera. As Littlefoot does not call for his mother, as he is still asleep, Sharptooth eats Cera for a late night snack. Sharptooth continues on his reign of terror afterward, killing and eating more dinosaurs the rest of his evil life. (Note, the events after this are the same as Scenario 2.)

Scenario 2: Littlefoot and Cera are chased by Sharptooth. They are rescued by Littlefoot's mother, who is able to dodge being mortal wounded by Sharptooth. Sharptooth may or may not have been killed (if he isn't, he will kill again over and over for the rest of his life.) The Great Earthshake happens. Herds are separated. Littlefoot remains with his alive mother and never meets Cera, Ducky, Petrie, or Spike. Cera may have met the others and led them. They likely would have followed Cera to the Mountains that Burn, where Ducky, Petrie, and Spike would not have been saved by Littlefoot, who never met them, and hence perished in lava. Cera, unable to be rescued by the others, would have become a snack for Domeheads. Littlefoot is the only main character left of the five now and comes to the Great Valley with his mother. However, he is dismayed to see that, unlike what his mother thought, there seem to be few longnecks to play with and, having never met Cera, Ducky, Petrie, and Spike, may have been a believer in herd separation and hence had few friends.

- As Cera, Ducky, Petrie, and Spike have died, Littlefoot wasn't awoken by them and slept through the night. Ozzy and Strut meanwhile, unbothered by the kids, most of whom have died, are able to get eggs without being hampered.

- As Littlefoot slept through the night, Chomper's egg wasn't moved. They never became friends. Chomper hatches and stays with his parents. He becomes a regular sharptooth, learning to eat the meat of other dinosaurs.

- Members of the Great Valley may have died without the help of Cera, Ducky, Petrie, and Spike, Hyp.

- Without Hyp, Ducky, Cera, Petrie, and Spike, Littlefoot, Nod, and Mutt may have been unable to repeal the Fast Biters and died too.  

- Littlefoot and Ali set out alone, as they actually did in the regular universe Land Before Time, and try and get the Night Flower to save Grandpa Longneck. However, without the help of the others, Ali is unable to break the rocks after the earthshake alone. Littlefoot and Archie are killed and eaten by Dil and Ichy.

- Not getting the Nightflower, Grandpa Longneck succumbs to his illness and dies.

- Ali has some explaining to do to Littlefoot's mother and Grandma Longneck of why Littlefoot will never be coming back. The two older longneck's mourn the deaths of both Littlefoot and Grandpa Longneck.

- It is possible that Grandma Longneck and Littlefoot's mother may have left the Great Valley with Ali's herd, as Grandpa Longneck and Littlefoot are dead. If they did, there will be no more longnecks left in the Great Valley.

- Ali spends the rest of her life haunted by the death of Littlefoot, likley beating herself up for agreeing to take him toward the Land of Mists. The two have no hope of falling in love now as Littlefoot is dead.

-  Ali also, alternatively, could have gone through the rocks and met Dil and Ichy and died as well.  

- Plated Sharptooth lives to kill for the rest of his evil life  as Littlefoot & co, who are dead, never forced him to fight Chomper's parents, so he never drowned.  

- Events here aren't as drastic, though the Great Valley might not be that inhabited after the events of the previous movie in this altered universe. However, Topps, Grandpa Longneck, and the five main characters are dead here.

- Bad luck wouldn't have hit the Great Valley, as Saurus Rock was never broken. However, given the other events of this altered timeline, this is very small consolation indeed.

Land Before Time VII: The Stone of Cold Fire events

- Grandma Longneck goes on the journey with Littlefoot's mother. Grandpa Longneck and Littlefoot have long been dead.

- There they meet Bron, who hears the sad news that his son and father-in-law have died. Littlefoot's Mother would have lived with her husband upon finding him. Grandma Longneck, now a widow, may also have stayed with them. In this case, there would be no longnecks left in the Great Valley.

- Without Littlefoot & co being there, Shorty may not have gotten away from the orange Tyranosaurus, meaning possible death of Shorty.

-  Without Littlefoot & Co, Grandpa Longneck, and possibly Shorty, alive, the fight here may have had fatalities.  Possibly Littlefoot's mother and Grandma Longneck could have been among those.

-  As Bron was injured from being bitten, Bron may have died in the fight as he would have had less backup.  

- The male belly dragger (who may have died of hunger in the regular timeline as he got stuck), didn't get stuck here, meaning others may die at his, er, clutches, in future.  

- Tricia would have drowned

- Guido may well have fallen to his death while sleep walking/flying as the others wouldn't have been there to rescue him.

- Those sharpteeth that fell off that cliff would still be alive, meaning other dinosaurs wouldn't be in the future

TV Series events

- Had Chomper and his parents encountered Ruby and her family, Ruby and her family would have been eaten.   No way Chomper and Ruby could be friends at any rate.  

- As Chomper would NEVER have been let into the Great Valley, Chomper would have had to have spent the rest of their lives running around the Mysterious Beyond running from Red Claw and his Fast Biters, perhaps one day coming to a bad end at their hand.

- Skip dies in fire with nobody to rescue him.

- Belly Draggers get into Great Valley as there is no "Amazing Threehorn Girl"  to stop them.

- Lydia, Milo, and Plove continue to be terrorized by the Great Hideous Beast.

- Dara dies in the sinking sand as they didn't get there in time.

- Swooper stays in the cave for the rest of his life as he never met Guido or Petrie, both of whom are dead.  

- As Chomper, who kills leaf eaters still, is not welcome in the Great Valley, he was not there to save Mama Flyer, who died from suffocation in the mud.  Petrie's siblings are now orphaned.  As Pterano is a villain, they cannot live with him, or, if they do, are perverted to his bad ways.  

- As Sauro never became the new Story Teller, the Longneck Stories may have been forgotten as Grandpa Longneck is dead and Littlefoot is no longer around to pass them on.  

Post TV Series:

Assuming Chomper somehow beat or got away from Red Claw, Chomper is now a threat to the Great Valley and all leaf eaters, killing and eating them for the rest of his life.  

- Assuming Ali didn't die in IV, she will marry Rhett and NOT Littlefoot.  She is still haunted about the deaths of both Littlefoot and Grandpa Longneck and how she was unable to save them.  (Poor, poor Ali!)
Wow. This is pretty darn depressing.

I'm not sure what I'd want changed in the overall series.