The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Theory about the sharptooth fight scene

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
So, I had this theory that's been running through my brain for the past few days about the Sharptooth fight scene. So, I watched the 80s TV Spot for The Land Before Time video on YouTube and I saw the little sharptooth snippet there. And then I spent the next 2 days contemplating where this scene would fit into the movie. And then I watched the movie again. And then I listened to the score for the scene on the soundtrack. We all know that something was cut out because the score doesn't match the scene in length. Then it hit me. When Littlefoot's mother's tail hit those rocks, there was that mud water seen in the sharptooth snippet in the TV spot. Then another thing hit me. What if, after she whacks the sharptooth, the scene keeps going on from there? I know that trailers are made in advance to the actual release of the movie and that certain scenes aren't included. But I don't believe the scenes were made for advertisement purposes like most trailer scenes are. After this hit my brain, I decided to play the movie and score side by side, movie muted. I noticed that all the way from where the score seems to extend from the scene after Littlefoot's mother whacks the sharptooth in to the wall it continues. It doesn't seem to match on after but that's probably because of 22 years of seeing that scene the way it is. But if you're open minded enough to replace the score, it matches all the way up to the second time the sharptooth is hit. And then continues. I'm thinking that the little snippet was a piece of the following sequence after. Also look at when the sharptooth falls to the ground. The scenery changes. If you want to see what I mean or don't get what I'm stating, check out this video I made. I didn't know whether to post this in Outcut land before time scenes or start a new topic. If any of the admins feel it should go there....

Zenoah

• Spike
    • View Profile
I never noticed that jump after momma long neck wacks the Sharptooth. Thanks for pointing all that out. It really does look like more was there, but had to be taken out. Ohhh what I would give to see the cut part....

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I remade my video with an added extra if anyone wants to check it out.