The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Tell Your Story About LBT

Petrie. · 172 · 44224

Shinji-Lee

• Chomper
    • View Profile
of course your case is not a positive way of spacial. i don't know many people with such a hard life...and even harder it might have been to write about it
yer strong, me heartie. got my respect. i dunno, if i would have been able to be, what i am now, carrying such a fate.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
i was born in 1991, so i missed the theatrical release(don't think there was one in germany, anyway)
Yes, there was in 1989. It is possible (though I'm not sure) that LBT was the first movie I ever saw in the cinema.

• Spike
    • View Profile
I Just was feeling bored one day a few months back and wanted to see if i could peck anything up that i had not when i was younger, seen about every one 1-8 on youtube twice

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I first saw The Land Before Time by VHS.  

I was four years old and just recently had moved to live with my Grandparents because my Mum's pregnancy and eventually my sister's birth led to complications were my Mum nearly died.  

To keep a four year old, a sensitive and a child with Asperger's occupied, my Grandfather took me to the museum to see the dinosaurs as I was very obsessed with dinosaurs.  

Furthering the whole obsession, my Dad who was a contractor for Barclay's bank came to visit.  With him he bought to great movies that I will always cherish (although he regrets it now).  

He came with The Land Before Time and The Lion King.

Both films were and still are amazing, but my interest in dinosaurs pushed The Land Before Time to the hundred time watchable movie during those few years.  

Along with the other VHS films, they will always be held in high regard.

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
I...Honestly don't remember how I got into LBT. As far as I remember I always had the first movie on VHS. I don't remember when I got it or why I got it, I...Always had it. *Shrugs*

My second LBT movie was the fifth one (Currently my favorite of the series). I don't remember how I got it either. But I remember I used to love it, more than the first one. Then I got the Stone of Cold Fire, another I liked, but not as much as the fifth one. A friend of mine then lent me the sixth one, and from there I started the idea "hey, why not collect the whole series while I'm at it?"

And thus, I got into LBT.

I never really remembered how and why I got the first movie on VHS. I guess it was one of those mom things when they were looking at movies at the store for their kid. "This looks good for my son, he'll probably like it." Or I probably asked for it just because it had dinosaurs. *Shrugs*

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Hmm....thought I posted in this topic already...obviously not :DD

I was always into cartoons from an early age and I think I was great influenced by parental choice (my mum's a big fan of old school animation). With that, I was all into 80s cartoon shows like Ulysess 91, MASK, The Mysterious Cities of Gold, Transformers, Thundercats, Snoopy, Scooby Doo and the like. Obviously, with the TV shows, animated feature films was just the next step up. Through family friends, I had a pretty impressive VHS collection of a lot of animated movies but LBT was one of my favs. I never got to see LBT in the cinema (I was only like 3 or 4 when it was on national release, doubt I could sit still for that long in a confined space in the dark at that age :lol) By a means I'm still not 100% sure of to this day, I obtained LBT on VHS and, apparently, I used to drive my mum mad coz it was the only movie I would ever want to watch (but to her bliss, I would sit down and watch it without making a sound so some peace for her :DD). After a little personal history rolled on, I then picked up the movie again when I was in primary (elementary) school and I guess, since then, I just kinda stuck with it. The rest is history as the saying goes ;)

Since then, I've got all movies on DVD, 1-11 on VHS, a fair amount of LBT memorabilia and this wonderful community board ;) Think LBT has served me well throughout my years :smile

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Aug 4 2007 on  07:48 AM
When I was about 3 or 4 (1994 or 1995), My mom just brought home the land before time VHS.
Same thing happen to me but my first LBT Movie was Movie 2, and I was 4 - 5 years of age at the time.

Sharptooh #436

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I first watcehd LBT when I was like three and a half years old in 1999. It soon became my favourite show due to its nice but meaningful music (I didn't understand too much at that time, of course) and its lovable characters.

It also had a nice balance between scary (ish), sad, funny and interesting scenes. I watched the movies until I was like six, the stopped. Sometime in 04-5, I think, someone gave me LBT 10, watched it once, then forgot about it. I had basically grown out of it.

Then, half a year or so ago, while I was clearing out some of my old CDs in the basement, I came across the LBT set from 1-8 stored in there. I was bored, and with my homework done and parents coming back only in a few hours, I inserted LBT 1 into the CD player and watched. I soon fell in love with the series again, because it reminded me of when I was younger. Its a strange feeling you can't describe, especially when the songs are heard. I (almost) cried when hearing 'always there' and 'Bestest friends' (yes, I know its an LBT 10 song =|)

I bought LBT 9 soon after. It was enjoyable.

So I went on the net, searched for stuff about LBT and any future movies they might be making. I learned about movies 11-13, and the TV series. This also happened to be the time when I registered to this forum.

I watched some of the TV episodes of Youtube (I don't have any TV channels which show it). Unfortunately, I went back to the store where I bought LBT 9 and they no longer sold LBT (neither do any other stores in my country, I think)

When my dad bought some items off Amazon (I can't remember what), due to me doing well in tests, he granted me the permission to buy off the net LBT 11-13.

I felt that 11 was ok, too unrealistic, 12 was nice to watch, and 13 was just.....cheesy. I still prefer the original ones (1-10) due to their (as stated above) balance of meaningful lessons, epic, funny, and sad scenes. In my opinion, creators of LBT should switch back to their original style.

I still cannot find a place to obtain any new videos (except off the internet).

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I don't think I posted in this topic before, so I'll say it now.

I can't remember when I first saw the original LBT, I know I didn't see it in the theatres, I wasn't around then! I remember my first time watching the second sequel. Before I got the LBT plushies, I would use my own cat plushies to act out the scenes of LBT. I loved stuffed animals as a kid, and I still do love em. hehe I wanted ALL of the LBT plushies and I wanted as many VHS tapes of LBT as I possibly could. :) And yes, I know what they are....I'm not that young...:lol

Little Foot was definitely my favorite character at the time. Everyone else, I was just okay with. I just accepted them as part of the plot. My second favorite character was Chomper. He definitely had a special place in my heart. Now I just like Chomper as a general character and a character that I will always remember loving as a kid. No offense to any fanfiction writers, but having Chomper as a fierce t-rex...I don't know...I just don't care for that. It's so not Chomper. :lol:

I remember coloring in those LBT coloring books and using those sticker books. :)
Some of the people that tested me when I was very young, (I was diagnosed with PDD-NOS around my LBT obsession and LK obsession, and some other obsessions I had) they would have a hard time trying to get me to sit still sometimes, so my mom would say, "Just give her some Land Before Time films to watch, she'll stay right in her spot." :DD

LBT, like LK and some other things, like Barney were in a deep part of my childhood. I only watch LBT and LK, because I still believe they are worth watching and spending time on. Barney...nope. I loved it as a child, and I do recommend it for parent's kids to watch, but when you're older, it gets annoying. :p To me it did at least. lol

I think right after the sixth sequel came out, I stopped being interested in LBT. I went on to other things. Like Spongebob and actually my head was in school most of the time. Then in 2000, I started getting into LBT again once I saw the seventh sequel. It was love at first sight when I saw Pterano and his henchmen. I also started to have Petrie be my favorite out of the gang. Then right after the eighth sequel came out, and I saw the reviews on the other films like the eleventh film. I wanted to write the sequel in hopes of saving LBT from those reviews. But the chance never came and my fanfiction simply became that, my fanfiction. And you know, right now, I really wish I sent in those ideas and did something...so LBT wouldn't be in the state that it's in now...it's so sad.

Though the tweleth sequel ended up not being so bad anyway, still...once the thriteenth one came out...I knew...it was the end. It had to be. :bang

So yeah. My love for LBT exists, but I am VERY disappointed of the office for closing LBT down. I really am. So that's it.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rat_lady7,Jun 8 2009 on  05:19 PM
I wanted to write the sequel in hopes of saving LBT from those reviews. But the chance never came and my fanfiction simply became that, my fanfiction. And you know, right now, I really wish I sent in those ideas and did something...so LBT wouldn't be in the state that it's in now...it's so sad.

Though the tweleth sequel ended up not being so bad anyway, still...once the thriteenth one came out...I knew...it was the end. It had to be. :bang

So yeah. My love for LBT exists, but I am VERY disappointed of the office for closing LBT down. I really am. So that's it.
I could not agree more.  I hate to see the state LBT is in now :cry2.  It is very disheartening and disgusting to see the way Universal has treated such a beautiful series.  They should at least give LBT a decent ending (and no asteroids either :anger) instead of doing it dirty <_<.

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://sporeleaf.forumotion.net/creators-hall-f7/post-your-dinos-here-
I learn about it when I was fighting with swords when I saw dinos on the screen years ago.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I learn about it when I was fighting with swords when I saw dinos on the screen years ago.
Now that has to be up there on the list of random "How I got into LBT" stories! :p
:D

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
well I never saw the film until the late 90s I remember my mom entering the living room with the VHS saying I would like it although I wasn't much of a dinosaur fanatic at the time she popped it in the VCR and I watched it and boy did that film get me depressed I think I was 4 or 5 at the time and I still remember the first time I heard the narrator (Pat Hingle) say "and they called him Littlefoot" it brings a tear to my eye whenever I think about it and of course me and my sister had all these LBT figures and plushies and what not, I sold all those though even the films ,I didn't know what to say when I did. :cry

Leopardi

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Sometime in the beginning of 90's when I was like 4 years old, we were at our cottage in lapland. Then some evening it came from the TV and I saw it for the first time... I was totally blown away.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
I believe I mentioned in my introductory post that I would share my complete LBT story in this thread. It’s been over five months since then (22 weeks, 5 days, 4 hours, and 3 minutes, to be precise :p), and I’ve finally gotten around to it. Talk about procrastinating. :rolleyes

The account I am about to share is unfortunately missing several details, due to my having a pathetically unsound memory and not being as much of an archivist as I’d like, :p but it I have done my best to make sure it as accurate and complete as possible:

I don’t remember the first time I watched The Land Before Time, but know for certain that I was very young. Theoretically, I could have seen it in theaters, but I would have been less than a year old at the time, so I highly doubt it. :p

One thing I do know is that my love for LBT was closely tied in with my early obsession with dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals. In the spirit of the chicken-or-egg causality dilemma, I can’t remember which came first: I’m reasonably sure that I already liked dinosaurs before I saw LBT, but again, it was so long ago that I can’t say for certain. In any case, I owned the movie on VHS, and watched it addictively; I think I can safely say that it was my favorite movie for much of my early childhood.

For years, the original film was the only Land Before Time movie I knew. It appeared that I lacked a concept of sequels back then; indeed, it must have been a paradigm of sorts, as I remember seeing copies of the LBT sequels in video stores, but not recognizing them as separate from the original film. I didn’t realize the significance of the Roman numeral (if I even noticed it); I would just see the title “The Land Before Time,” and assume it was simply the original movie with different cover art. :wacko I was observant enough to see Hyp, Mutt, and Nod on the cover of LBT III and think “hmm... I don’t remember those characters from The Land Before Time,” but, if I recall correctly, it wasn’t until Burger King released its line of LBT toys (in 1997, I believe) that the paradigm shift was triggered, and I realized that there were more LBT movies out there (the fact that one of them contained a baby sharptooth character and two Struthiomimusómy favorite dinosaur at the timeówas further cause for excitement). Within a few months’ time, I had watched (and my family had purchased) LBT II, III, and IV, and my enthusiasm for the series was still strong at the time LBT V came out. (I remember finding the plot device of the swarming leaf-gobblers fascinating even then.) In fact, I so enjoyed the sequels that I virtually stopped watching the first LBT after I discovered them. However, I did watch the original again at some point after we bought the sing-along songs video (whose purchase had in turn been preceded by that of the first three or four LBT sequels); I recall seeing the sing-along version of “If We Hold On Together”, not recognizing it as a sequel song, and going back to the first movie to hear the original version (previously, I had almost always stopped and rewound the first movie as soon as the credits started, and so had rarelyóif everólistened to the song).

My recollection of the state of my fandom at the time of LBT VI’s release is poor, but I believe it was much less active at that point. (I seem to recall that I found the sixth movie less satisfying than its predecessors.) By the time LBT VII was released, however, I had definitely lost most of my interest in the series, and when my family purchased it (primarily for the benefit of my younger siblings, I believe), I didn’t even care to watch it at first. However, in retrospect, I think I was in a state of denial at the time, believing LBT to be something I should have outgrown, and was therefore embarrassed to admit that I was, in fact, interested in watching it. Indeed, I was curious enough to ask one of my brothers about the movie, and was surprisedóand a little impressedóby its explicit reference to the original film, and the darkness of Pterano’s backstory. (Perhaps it evoked a sense of nostalgia for the first film?) I subsequently joined my siblings in watching the movie a few times, on the pretense that I had nothing better to do :p (though secretly I did enjoy it). But my parents never bought any more LBT films after VII, and gradually the family interest in the series faded.

I believe the last time I even looked at an LBT video (at least until the revival of my fandom) was in December 2001, while my family and I were Christmas shopping at Toys ëR’ Us. LBT VIII had just been released, and when no one else was around, I picked up a copy in the store to read the synopsis. I thought it was interesting that a movie had been made that focused on Spike, and wondered what type of dinosaur Mr. Thicknose was, as he was not depicted anywhere on the videocase. (For some reason it never occurred to me that he would be a Pachyrhinosaurus; I envisioned him as being an Altirhinus or some other large ornithopod with a similarly prominent proboscis. :wacko) But my interest in LBT was no longer sufficient to motivate me to pursue watching the films on my own (that, and it did not outweigh my shyness to admit that I still HAD that interest), and I never even watched another LBT film for the next seven years.

At the time I “lost interest” in LBT, my interests in movies were very narrow. Nature documentaries, and a few “real-looking” films such as Jurassic Park and Dinosaur were about it. By 2008, however, I had significantly expanded my horizons, and was a much more avid movie-watcher. I had also come to use the Internet much more frequently, and tended to browse sites such as Wikipedia and the Internet Movie Database when I was bored. I believe it was some point in that year (it may have been 2007) when, for some reason, I became curious about how many sequels LBT had produced since I had stopped following it. On that whim, I checked out the Wikipedia pages for the original Land Before Time and the post-Stone of Cold Fire sequels. I was actually quite intrigued by some of the new plots and characters that had been added, the biggest surprise perhaps being Guido (I was impressed that such a recently discovered dinosaur had been incorporated into the series). This was also when I learned that Mr. Thicknose was a Pachyrhinosaurus (cue the “duh” :slap moment). But I still couldn’t be bothered to watch an LBT film, and much of what I discovered that day was pushed to the back of my mind.

Then, in late 2008, three events took place which ultimately precipitated the revival of my interest in LBT. My memory of the events is blurry; I can’t remember the order in which they occurred, when exactly they occurred (it was most likely late November, but could have been as early as October), how they may have led to or influenced one another, or what prompted them to occur in the first place, so I’ll just present them individually:

1. I visited Wikipedia’s LBT pages again, exploring them more thoroughly this time. This was when I definitively cemented my knowledge about the new sequels and TV series, which had previously been only a passing curiosity to me that I had quickly forgotten.

2. I learned from an online TV guide that The Great Day of the Flyers was going to air on Cartoon Network (a channel I normally never watch). I thought, “What the heck, I’ll tape it and see what this ëGuido’ character is like”, but when the day came that it aired, I forgot to record it. I didn’t care much at the time, but as it turned out, the movie reran several times over the next few weeks, providing me with further opportunities to tape it. Again and again I missed doing so, either out of forgetfulness, or simply because I decided not to bother. Eventually, however, there came a day that I DID remember to set the timer on my VCR to record it.

3. For whatever reason, in late November or early December, I felt an impulse to watch the first LBT again. Dimly remembered scenes, dialogue, and music from that movie kept playing and replaying inside my head, and I eventually decided that the only way to get them out was to watch the movie. (At the time, it had been as much as ten years since I had seen it; no one in my family had watched it much after we discovered the sequels.) It’s possible that my visits to the Wikipedia pages had served to rouse these memories. I also may have been spurred by the consideration that if I was going to watch the twelfth movie when it aired on TV, about the twelfth movie’s TV airing by this point, and decided that if I was going to watch it, then I might as well re-familiarize myself with the original film beforehand. In any case, it was this nagging urge to re-watch what had once been my favorite movie that had the greatest impact on me.

I began combing the house for my old VHS copy of the original film. This was far more daunting than it sounds, as our house contains literally hundreds of videotapes (mostly recorded TV shows), lined up on shelves and cupboards, and stored away in boxes and bins. Over the course of several days, I searched through every household cache of videos I could find (though I never spent more than a few hours searching on any given day). In the process, some of the sequels my family already owned began to turn up. At first I ignored them, my interest being solely in the original film, but as my search continued to turn up fruitless, I decided to take them as well, partially to put a stop to the irritating false alarms I kept experiencing (“I found it! Oh, dang, it’s ëThe Land Before Time II’!”), but also because I considered that I might feel like watching them later.

Eventually, however, after tearing apart (and subsequently repairing :angel) every possible video-storage area in the house (often checking the same places twice), I gave up my search. I had acquired sequels II, V, and VII, but not the original. Taking the course of action any sane person would have chosen much earlier, I borrowed the DVD of The Land Before Time from the public library, and late that night, watched it. (I’d estimate the date to have been December 15, perhaps a few days later.)

My first viewing of the original The Land Before Time in (possibly) a decade didn’t feel particularly momentous at the time. I wasn’t in a constant state of nostalgic delight or satisfaction, and there were even a few moments when I thought “Wow, I don’t remember the dialogue being this silly!” :rolleyes Once I had finished watching the movie, I thought that I’d just return it to the library the next time I got the chance. But a day or so later, I found myself pining to hear “If We Hold On Together” again (there was also a particular scene I wanted to rewatch, but I can’t remember now which one it was :bang). So I watched the DVD again (at least the parts I was interested in). If memory serves, I later watched it in full a second time. It seemed that the movie was once again growing on me. At some point around that time, I watched LBT XII (which by then I had recorded), and LBT VIII (also rented from the library; I can’t remember whether I saw it or XII first. :unsure:). Having seen the unparalleled original immediately beforehand, I wasn’t too impressed with them, but I enjoyed them nonetheless.

It seemed that a switch in my brain had been flipped, because I started watching the three sequels I had found while video-searching, and after Christmas, I started renting the other sequels from the library, and buying the movies on eBay. By mid-January, I had watched all of the LBT movies (LBT IX being the last one I saw), many of them two or more times over. Even before I had reached that milestone, it was official: I was once again officially obsessed with LBT.

By then, I had paid many more visits to Wikipedia, as well as the LBT Wiki. I had read in depth about the TV episodes, and though I had not been particularly interested in watching them before, I now turned to them to satisfy my now-ravenous hunger for more LBT. The first one I watched was the readily available “The Hidden Canyon” on the LBT XIII DVD. I didn’t like it that much, but my newfound LBT addiction was in full swing, and the disappointment, if anything, only increased its momentum. After some initial difficulty, I downloaded most of the TV episodes (Thank you, landbeforetimelover ;)), and began watching them fervently. On multiple occasions I stayed up well into the night (4 AM or later), watching episode after episode. Once I had seen them all, I found myself once again experiencing LBT withdrawal. To satisfy my addiction, I turned to reading LBT fanfics, some of which I found almost as enjoyable as the LBT films themselves.

I soon learned, however, that there were all too few good LBT stories available on the web, and few places where they could be found. Inevitably, my obsessive quest for new LBT material brought me to The Gang Of Five. My first act upon discovering the forum, of course, was to skim through the entire “Fanart and Fanfiction“ section, reading every fanfic that caught my attention. Afterwards, I started reading through RPs, figuring that they were basically collaborative fanfictions by multiple authors. It was around this point (for reasons that remain fuzzy in my memory) that I registered as a GOF member, choosing “Pangaea” as my screen name for no other reason than that it was prehistory-related, and the best thing that I could come up with at the time. :rolleyes

Finding that the RPs weren’t as satisfying (or easy) to read as regular LBT stories, I returned to the fanfiction section, combing through the threads in search of fanfictions I thought I might have missed, or ignored because they had not initially interested me. I didn’t find many, but in the process, I started reading the discussion threads about fanfictions, and later, threads on other LBT topics. Many of these I found very interesting, and occasionally, even felt like participating in them. For many weeks, however, I was too shy to do so, preferring to remain an observer.

Eventually, however, my desire to be useful, to receive social attention, and to be a part of something won out, and I decided to become an active member. Not wanting to enter without properly introducing myself, I spent a few weeks writing and refining an introductory post and designing an avatar. At one point I thought to wait until my star day to make my entrance, but I’m an impatient fella, and everything was ready and I still had a month to wait, I decided “what the heck!” and made myself known right then and there. :p

Okaaaaay....looking back at what I’ve written, I’m pretty sure I’ve stretched the definition of “LBT story” to its limits. :blink: If anyone who’s bothered to read this autobiography has made it this far, I congratulate you. :cheers For obvious reasons, I’m going to stop here, though I will not hesitate to add updates to the end of this post if I learn any more details about my history with LBT that change, clarify, or conflict with the story I have recounted here.

Pangaea

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I first got interested in LBT because of how far out and away it was from the other movies and cartoons at the time.  In the 90s, it was very rare to come across a story set in a place beyond religion, streets, cars, and nearly outside our comprehension without being completely abstract.

Back then most movies were very grounded in the current reality - either New York City (Oliver and Company, We're Back, Godzilla, An American Tale) or Hollywood (Cats Don't Dance amoung others) or other places not too far out from human civilizations.  Even newer movies like Ice Age still include humans in it, to give it a link to the future.

LBT is completely and entirely outside humanity, and despite numerous fan-fictions that feature humans meeting the dinosaurs I would prefer it remain that way to keep splendor.

Caustizer.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
I may have already posted in this topic. I don't remember.

There's not really much for me to tell. The first Land Before Time was my very first movie. I don't remember much since I was most likely no older than 2 when I first saw it. I do remember me and my mom driving to McDonalds and me holding the VHS in my arms. I remember seeing Littlefoot's mom's death which may or may not have terrified me on the concept of death. As a kid I related a lot to Littlefoot. Even though my mom is still alive and my father isn't a deadbeat XD

When I was in Kindergarten, I would occasionally bring in one of the Land Before Time movies and we would all watch them during naptime. We may or may not have seen the fifth one, I don't remember.  I know we did watch one through four.

After Kindergarten, my interest in the franchise began to fade. Eventually I moved on to other stuff like Dragon Ball Z.

Skip to about a decade later, I'm a senior in high school, more than halfway done with school. After my 18th birthday, I was bit by the Nostalgia Bug. I began to miss all the stuff I grew up with as a kid. LBT, Thundercats, Super Friends, Aladdin, you name it. Of course I just had to have some LBT stuff. I hoped to find some toys at Toys r Us, but to my dismay, they had no more LBT toys in stock. All they had were two DVDs from the TV series. Two DVDs!!  But I bought one anyway. Next I tried over at Suncoast and thankfully they had a pretty decent sized selection of Land Before Time movies. They had the two disc DVDs and some from the TV series.

So now I've got the entire series(yes even the 13th movie although I don't know if I'll ever watch it) including the entire TV series, Great Valley Racing Adventure, a t shirt on the way, and my very own Littlefoot plushie!

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Jun 13 2007 on  04:13 PM
I don't honestly believe any true fan of LBT can watch Littlefoots mother die and NOT cry!

I guess I'm not a "true" fan, then eh? I don't think I ever cried during that scene.
Well, the last time watched it (back in June 2009) I felt like doing so when I saw it, but my parents were watching it to, so I held it in.

But when I watched the scene on youtube, my eyes watered. That's the only movie I've everywatched that even made my eyes water, and I've seens tons of shocking movies (Sand Serpents, Grizzly Rage, The Descent, etc.) and they never did, but that scene ALWAYS dose, I don't know why. Even reading it on wikias or wikpedia dose make me sad. When I was eight and watched it, that was the first time I noticed her death. Before that I never did. I just though they got seperated after the earthquake and she never found him.

I was always hoping that she would live, but I really don't know why I watched the sequels. It's way with a sequel to any movie I watch, just for the fun of it.

Like Sasquatch, watched, wanted to see 2, now I want to see the third. Same with Happy Feet, Ice Age 3, and The Pebble and the Penguin (even though there won't be one :cry )

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Watched this movie on VHS at a babysitters house. My babysitter was a prick, his son was a prick, I would get blamed for EVERYTHING his son did, and sometimes that little EXPLETIVE DELETED would do bad stuff on purpose just to get me in trouble. Of course I was spanked if ANYTHING went wrong. (Rather or not that actually psychologically effected me I don't know) As a kid, that place was HELL.

From what I remember, that guy let me choose a VHS to watch just to keep me quiet for the evening, so I picked out LBT 1 because it had dinosuars. The only problem was the VHS was a little damaged, so sometimes this rippling would happen on screen, and another was that the vhs was 3/4's into the film! To make matters worse, I only got to watch 10 minutes of it!!! Just littlefoot and the gang jumping on lava and getting stuck in tar and stuff, and that was IT!!! The B-tard turned it off to play a stinking football game, and sent me off to bed!!! I didn't freaking get any sleep because I was left the rest of the night to think about this film!!

Now it's like 11 years later or something, and I have only found out by now of memories long ago that I actually did see many of the lbt sequels! Some songs I knew more then others, even some dialogue I remember, certain musical scores, topsy being a punk, tinysauruses, Ali, littlefoot... Little did that guy know that he STARTED my fandom for LBT. Thanks a lot, ya good-for-nothing! That's the only good thing to happen from my time with you!

One edit: I DID get to see LBT all the way through a month after this happened, so HA! TAKE THAT, PUNK!

Karmarsi

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://karmarsi-kedamoki.deviantart.com
I remember that I had seen a small portion of it in a blockbuster store. The store ( sadly now closed due to the recession ) had tvs in a circle at the center of the store for people the see. I remember standing near those tvs, watching the movie. I suppose after that I begged my mom to find me that video  :lol Funny enough it was on a high shelf that my short young self couldn't reach
hence a kid like "ffff"

Ironically it happened again a year or two back at the same store ( it was an anniversary thing ) and later that day went home and popped it on youtube :D