The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Embarrassing blunders

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
We all have embarrassing blunders. This is just a topic to share said blunders, whether they happened today, yesterday, a week ago, a month ago, etc.
I had one today. I put my dog's bowl on the stairs today and forgot it was there. When I stepped out onto the stairs later, I stepped on the bowl and slid down the stairs.  :oops No one saw but I still felt embarrassed.  :lol:

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
So, I know two guys who are really tall, have light hair, and are really skinny, and both surprise-hug me from behind.
One is my boyfriend and the other is a friend.

While waiting in the breakfast line, the friend hugged me from behind, and I thought he was my boyfriend. Almost kissed him on the ear and he freaked out. And I felt very embarrassed myself. Later at lunch, I saw him telling my boyfriend about it and they were both laughing about it (that's what I love about those boys  :lol !). Now our greeting is to make kissy-faces at each other!

And then I almost did it again at the breakfast table yesterday! To the same guy!

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
Okay, this isn't really an embarrassing blunder, but I got saved from embarrassment.

When we were rehearsing our dance, (a lot of people were there) my shoe fell off. Luckily, a cloth was covering us, so no one saw. Whew!

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
When cleaning bathrooms at work the other evening, the door was unlocked.  I ended up walking in on a guy sitting on the throne while on his cell phone.  He didn't know English (I believe he was Filipino), and he screamed like a little girl.  I yelped in startlement and ran out of there, broom in one hand and cleaner in the other, faster than a runner on crack.  What's worse is we were busy, and I had an audience.  Needless to say, I was the brunt of bad jokes for the rest of the evening :oops.

EggStealerGirl

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://rosethethief.deviantart.com/
Ok, thankfully this wasn't in public, but a few days ago, we had picked up some food over at Whataburger, and I ended up spilling Dr. Pepper all over myself; apparently the cup wasn't durable enough, because the very bottom of it just popped itself right off! :lol

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Swearing in front of my students when one of my golden rules is no inappropriate language in the classroom.  Slipped twice in five years.  I do remember also saying "x nation was pissed off at y nation because...." in one class.  :oops

Guess I'm just human like everyone else and not superteacher. ;)

Ghostfishe

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Lol oh no.

I haven't had any recent embarrassing incidents. I don't know if that's because I'm more careful, just extremely lucky, or because I've mentally blocked those memories.  :rolleyes:

I did have a few horribly embarrassing incidents in my middle school years though. Like this one time in second grade (ish). We were going to paint a banner or mural of some kind, so the teacher got out this huge sheet of paper and laid it out on the table. Passed out baskets of those little plastic paint containers and asked me to "put some paint on the table".

I was like, um...  :unsure:  ...I can't possibly have heard that right. So I asked her, you really want me to do that? Paint? On the table? Surely on the paper, not the table itself?? And she'd only just asked us a minute earlier to not start painting right away so that she could explain what we'd be doing, so telling me to randomly start painting didn't seem right.

She said something to the effect of "would you please just do it!"

So I was like, um, okay. I swear that can't be right, but you're the teacher here. :blink: Took a brush and slathered some of the paint on the paper. Immediately in trouble for it. "I'm incredibly disappointed in you! Can't believe you just did that!" yadda yadda. And I really had no clue what had happened--I'd done exactly what she'd said, but for some reason everyone thought I was being a smart-alec. She told all the other teachers, my parents, et cetera what a troublemaker I'd been in class. Sooo embarrassing.

I wasn't familiar with the term "literal thinking" at the time, so I really didn't have any explanation for what had happened--from my perspective it seemed like the teacher had just suddenly lost her marbles that day and started asking ridiculous things. :crazy Although I can see now why I took to programming so well--it fit my thought process like a glove.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
After reading this thread, I have come to find that it is incredibly difficult for me to remember any embarrassing moments I have had in my life. Thing is I know I have had some, but I just can't seem to recall what they were. I think my mind may have very well just blocked them all out, as it tends to do that with a lot of things I don't like.