The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Petrie. · 11 · 1099

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Less than 800 replies, new topics, new polls away from 50k posts on the GOF. :D

Party for whoever posts #50,000...you'd have to take a screenshot to prove it.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
There's definitely a bit of the honour system for this little party, since you can't screenshot the current post count AND the member who made the last post on the same screen.   Even with my crazy resolution, it's not gonna happen unless I make 2 screenshots and splice them together.

Oh well, sounds like fun! :p

TheNumberOneShmuck

• Spike
    • View Profile
By screenshotting them together, do you mean the "Last Post Info" note to the right of each board?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What you'd have to do to *PROVE* it is to take a series of screenshots of all of the "Last Post Info" names and times, and the total post count of the entire forum...Problem is, this takes up more than one full screen height so you would have to put multiple printscreens together to make it work.  By the time you take, copy and save a printscreen, some other member could post something, altering the results in a forum you haven't screenshotted yet and...ugh it's just not pretty. :lol

Anyone know an easy way to prove who gets the 50,000th post? :p

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Just be on the board and when it says at the bottom of the main page, 50,000 posts, snap it.  If there's others on the board, that's fine.  You don't have to be entirely on the money but you do have to be there. :p

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
the Enigma Puzzle has 4 times the members of this forum and has one fifth the posts almost XD I have to say this forum is more active :p

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I don't mean to take a stab at any happy bubble, but basically 50 000 is a number no more and no less. The air won't taste any better or worse when we reach it. But competition to reach a given number of posts or to be the one who posts the message with a particular number doesn't seem like the best idea. I have seen boards where piles of useless stuff (good old "word association game" :rolleyes:) were posted just for the sake of a number. I hope I'm not too much of a killjoy, but I will value a 49999th or 50001th message with some content, and some point much higher than a:

"YEAHH 50000 I REACHED IT! I DID IT!!! THIS IS SO COOL!!!" kind of message -_-

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Milestones on myP acker board are usually quite eloborate and full of details. since we have dozens and sometimes hundreds of posters online, we get a lot of posts, over 2.5 million total since the board was started back in 2001. I'm a numbers guy.. :D Malte is right though... 50000 is a big number , but it is a number.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Malte you're no fun.  :P:  :P:  It may be a number, but its a number I never thought would be reached...that's why I see it as important.  Its not like we've spammed our way to 50,000.

TheNumberOneShmuck

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,May 29 2007 on  12:54 AM
What you'd have to do to *PROVE* it is to take a series of screenshots of all of the "Last Post Info" names and times, and the total post count of the entire forum...Problem is, this takes up more than one full screen height so you would have to put multiple printscreens together to make it work.
Actually, I can get all "Last Post Info"s and the post count in one screen capture. Screen resolution: 2048x1536

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
2048x1536
I guess that would work!  I can't pull that one though; my LCD monitor doesn't go to that resolution. :(   It caps out at 1680 x 1050.