The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Whatcha playin'?

Vojeds

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Recently been playing a lot of Halo Just to warm up for the coming Halo on pc  :)littlefoot

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Recently been playing a lot of Halo Just to warm up for the coming Halo on pc  :)littlefoot

Ah, man. Halo on PC. Finally I can finish the fight.  :)littlefoot

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Anyone know any good games? Don't really matter if they are old or new.
I guess that depends on what genres you enjoy playing? Also do you just have a PC or any consoles?

If you enjoy platformers I would highly recommend Celeste. It was easily my favorite game that came out last year. If you're into FPS then Doom 2016 was great as well and pretty much the only FPS that I've played in years.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've been playing Baba is You on my Switch, a darn good puzzle game.

Also been playing the co-op game A Way Out, pretty good so far :)

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I play on PC, and genres that I currently enjoy are; action, adventure, FPS and horror.

I've heard about Doom being a great game by many, and have thought about buying it.   :SmugSpike

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Definitely do if you get the chance! As good as the Halo series was, I really don't like the influence it has had for the genre with regenerating health and a limit of 2 guns. I was always into the arena shooters like Unreal Tournament where it's fast paced jumping all over the place carrying as many guns as possible haha. Regenerating health can encourage hiding whereas Doom's health drop mechanic forces a run and gun approach. Plus, you don't have to wait too long for Doom: Eternal as well!

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh, there is a new Doom game coming? Wow, I've really been out of the loop of gaming for awhile now. Time to fix that!  :SmugSpike

Vojeds

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile

Ah, man. Halo on PC. Finally I can finish the fight.  :)littlefoot
of course remember to give the covenant back their bomb 

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Decided to give Hollow Knight another go. I had finished the game before hand and found one of the 2 pieces of the Kingsoul on my own but was too lazy to wander around trying to get the other so I just looked it up haha. Then got brick walled by having to do some real tough boss re-fights to get enough essence to continue on for the true ending.

After playing again I managed to beat the bosses and get the true ending! Definitely worth the trouble as it feels like some of the story elements start to finally come together (the games story is still a little vague to me though :PCera )

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
@Anagnos

My favorite FPS is Battlefield 4 :P
Inactive, probably forever.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
@Anagnos

My favorite FPS is Battlefield 4 :P

Ah, I used to play a lot of Battlefield 3 back in the day on my console and PC. Great game.  :)littlefoot

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Indeed. I don't know BF3 very well but watching my friend play it was how I discovered the franchise. I've only played 4 so far and probably won't buy 1 since I'm a noob at aiming and probably would only get frustrated with that game :P Haven't seen much about 5 yet.
Inactive, probably forever.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I finished LEGO Marvel Super Heroes a few days ago. Although I'm not exactly a huge super fan of the Marvel franchise, I do like much of it, so I found the totally unique storyline presented in this game to be very interesting. No spoilers for what happens, but I will say that the featured heroes include the Avengers, Spiderman, the Fantastic Four, and the X-Men, and among the featured villains are Doctor Doom, Magneto, and Loki. In addition to the main story, there are also a dozen bonus levels (all narrated by Deadpool), which you have to find throughout the hub area after collecting certain various amounts of gold bricks. And then there's the hub area of the entire island of Manhattan to explore (not quite as extensively massive as I had feared, but it is a little harder to divide into manageable sections, unlike the hub worlds of the other Lego games I've previously played), with all kinds of things to do like collect gold bricks or tokens to unlock characters or vehicles (thankfully unlike the Harry Potter games, you don't need to collect tokens of characters you've already played as), either by finding them hidden around, completing quests (many of which have to be done in series, like in the Hobbit game), or completing races. While many character abilities are similar to most previous games (levitating objects into place, only explosives can destroy silver objects, only heat-based attacks can destroy gold objects), this game also introduces some new ones, such as the strength-based abilities of "big figs" (like Hulk and Thing). Also, much like the Harry Potter games had students in peril or the Batman games had citizens in peril, this game has Stan Lee in peril, and you have to rescue him from all kinds of crazy situations. Perhaps the most difficult aspect I found in this game is the races (especially the ones that involve flying, because even though the mechanics of flying characters are much better than they were in Batman 2 (the only previous Lego game to have flying characters), it can still be rather tricky to maintain enough control to complete these races), but I was able to get the hang of them pretty quickly with rather little frustration. So, after completing this game (and unlocking all 45 achievements on Steam), I have to say this one is very high among my favorite Lego video games, not quite my most favorite (that still belongs to the Lego Movie Videogame), but definitely good enough for second best (surpassing even Pirates of the Caribbean, which I honestly didn't think would happen, but I guess that's why you have to actually play these games to truly get the full experience and thus determine accurately just how bad or good it actually is).

Next on my list of Lego games to play; LEGO Batman 3 - Beyond Gotham

As with the previous game I just finished, I'm aware of the story content (completely original, also like the game I just finished), but not the freeplay content. This is also the first Lego game to have some DLC (downloadable content) levels (apparently based on some movies and TV shows from the DC universe), for which there are some Steam achievements, so of course I had purchased them all back when I bought this game. Speaking of which, back when I first got interested in Lego games and wanted to try them all (back in late 2015), this was the most recent game available at a low enough price, so completing this game will mark a huge milestone for me (even though I've still got a few more Lego games left to go after this one).

My rankings of all Lego games I've played so far:
The LEGO Movie Videogame
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean - The Videogame
LEGO Batman 2 - DC Super Heroes
LEGO Indiana Jones 2 - The Adventure Continues
LEGO Star Wars III - The Clone Wars
LEGO The Hobbit
LEGO The Lord of the Rings
LEGO Batman - The Videogame
LEGO Indiana Jones - The Original Adventures
LEGO Star Wars - The Complete Saga
LEGO Harry Potter - Years 5-7
LEGO Harry Potter - Years 1-4

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Played a serious amount of Trials of Mana now that it's finally available (officially) outside of Japan! Just finished the play-through of it yesterday.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
I played New Rally X for hours this morning. It was pure joy and nostalgia honestly. I'll never get tired of those bagpipes in the music.

I would randomly start playing on my Jakks Pacific Retro Aracde Pacman Plug N Play after stopping for a long period of time. Then I'll play on it for weeks before taking another long hiatus.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

DiddyKF1

• Monkey of Many Mysteries from the Fruitiest Forests
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Proud supporter of DuckyxPetrie!
    • View Profile
I'll sometimes switch between Out Run and OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast on days when all I feel like playing is Out Run. Not only have I managed to "acquire" the PC version of Coast 2 Coast, but I also have more than one method of playing the original Out Run on PC (I do have a couple of PS2 versions as well). I have the wondrous arcade emulator called MAME, which emulates arcade games, and then I have this recompiled version of Out Run called Cannonball, with lots of enhancements (60 fps, widescreen, and more exclusive play modes). It'll work on PC, Android, you name it!
Suddenly, I've written so many fanfics that I can't possibly list them all! :P

Ducky x Petrie forever! :)petrie :duckyhappy

Metro717

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Been playing Max Payne 1 & 2 recently.
Pure classic Third Person Shooters :)
Long-lost LBT fan.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I've been playing some Counter-Strike: Global Offensive lately.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Finally got my copy of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night so I played a couple hours of that today. So far it seems decent enough (way better then Mighty No. 9 did :lol )