The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT roleplay in the style of the original movie!

Ducky123 · 215 · 39646

jorrdy12

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
"You do not happen to be the one I heard crying like that, do you?" A voice coming from below responded.

Samara wondered who was down there and wanted to see, but she was afraid, what if a predator could talk, would they try to make her feel safe and then eat her once she revealed herself? Would she take the risk? Eventually he curiosity got the better of her and she took a quick look down and quickly flinched back once she saw a creature standing there, but it was too late. She hardened her resolve and asked back with the most courageous voice she could muster up.

"And what if I was, what is it to you? What do you want from me!? Do you want to eat me, slaughter me like they did to my fam-" she realised too late that she couldn't reveal that, and that she had screamed it out, she regretted it immediately, why had she done that, it wasn't smart of her to do that, no one could be trusted, not in this dark world, in a world without parents to guide her, in a world where friends can turn enemies and everyone wants to kill you, in a world where a small child is alone against the world...
The universe has a beginning, but no end. —Infinite.
The stars too have beginnings, but their power accompanies their decline.  —Finite.
It the wise who are the most foolish. History has taught us as much.
The fish of the sea know not the world of the land. Were they to possess wisdom, they too would experience decline.
It is more absurd that humans should surpass the speed of light than it is that fish should start living on the land.
- Steins;Gate (anime / visual novel)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

"And what if I was, what is it to you? What do you want from me!? Do you want to eat me, slaughter me like they did to my fam-"

Lizzie was glad to hear the other dinosaur respond, however she couldn't deny that it was an odd one. Did claiming that she meant no harm not convince the feminine-sounding dinosaur high above her?

"Don't be afraid. I came here to help because you sounded like you needed some. Like I said, I'm... I'm just a lonely child trying to survive on my own..." A hint of sadness mixed into her voice. Lizzie had kept her voice quiet, calm and kind lest to give the other dinosaur's paranoia any additional food.

"She sure seems to be extremely scared, I wonder what happened to her. She might be just like me!" [\i]The yellow longneck pondered. Lizzie didn't know what the other girl was about to say before she abruptly cut off her sentence but it was indication enough that something must have happened to her family...

"And that she is more than likely just as alone as me..."

However, she needed to proove that she wasn't a bloodthirsty predator first...

"Why would I want to slaughter you? I'm a longneck, only 8 seasons in age. Green food is all I eat," Lizzie explained and, to gain more trust, began revealing some facts about her. "You see, to be honest, I am just really lonely. I'm an orphan after all and..." Lizzie's voice took on a more depressed note. "And... when I heard you cry, I could hear the despair that's all too familiar..." Suddenly, Lizzie felt the urge to cry, the talk returning her mind to its usual state. "You're up there all alone and... you sound like a child just like me. Sad, scared... and all alone..."

A single tear left the longneck's eye. Now she really wished her words would reach the other child. Some company would be oh so nice...
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 06:40:01 AM by Ducky123 »
Inactive, probably forever.

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
Aquarius almost jumped when he heard the terrifying roar. There was no doubt that it was a Sharptooth, a big one at that and by the sound of it a very angry one. However that's not what frightened Aquarius, it was the fact that the sound came from just outside the cave. The thought that a Sharptooth would have entered the cave had it not been for the rock slide was a terrifying one indeed to the young Swimmer. All of a sudden he didn't feel to keen on finding a way out but he knew he couldn't stay in the cave forever. So with an almighty huff he forced himself onto his legs which trebled under his weight but held and followed Rinen into the dark with a quiet whimper. "Why did all this happen to me?" lamented the young Swimmer inwardly as he trundled deeper into the cave.
What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Fortunately for Rinen and Aquarius, Slash had no idea that they were in the cave and had no way to get to the young dinosaurs. The sharktooth sharptooth stomped a couple of times in frustration, without realizing that he had probably just sent everything within a mile's radius packing which didn't help. He growled and strolled off, rendering Rinen and Aquarius completely alone aside from themselves being together, for the time being.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
As so many times on this long day already, the remnants of Rinen’s forcefully proud composure were shattered in mere seconds as he heard the spine-chilling roar just outside the cave. If he had left the cave as he had planned to do… Rinen gulped in deep fear as he thanked his rare luck that the collapse of the cave’s mouth prevented the mighty predator from attacking him here in the tunnels where there would be no easy escapes. With fearful movements, the threehorn turned to face the blackness of the cave once more, slightly surprised but also relieved by the fact that the swimmer had darted off after him, also rattled by the shocking development. Even after all that had happened with the two, the world had just shown with terrifying clarity why braving it alone was never a good idea.

However, that still didn’t answer the most pressing issue at hand: were there any additional exits from the cave? Nearly immediately after entering the narrow tunnel, the cave seemed to divide into four different paths, two of them almost too narrow for himself to fit in. And even more importantly, which one of them would lead outside and would any of them only cause them to get lost in these corridors? The darkness seemed to be thick enough to touch and any wandering in the caves would be highly dangerous. With a confused look, he glanced at Aquarius who did his best to catch up to him, the swimmer’s heinous injuries slowing him down considerably. Rinen was relieved Aquarius decided to come with him but he thought about how to best stay seemingly neutral at this development. After a moment, he merely whispered to the other boy silently.

“Do you have any idea where we should go? I’d go for the second tunnel from the left but I’m terrible with directions.”
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 06:42:43 PM by Sovereign »

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
Aquarius looked at each of the four caves, he hadn't a clue which way to go, yet for some reason the Threehorn asked him. "Does he think I would really know the way out? What does he take me for? I don't know where to go" Aquarius thought with more then a little apprehension to himself as he looked at each tunnel again then at Rinen who was looking as clueless as him if slightly impatient. Aquarius didn't like having descisions thrust on him after all he was no leader, heck this Threehorn was older then him and yet the choice was his. The young Swimmer closed his eyes and just chose to guess when he remembered another saying from his kinds legends. "Whenether in doubt of direction underground, just find and follow the water." He whispered to himself and walked over to the far left tunnel first sniffed the scent and listened for any indication of water but found none, he had the same results for the next two but he got a strong indication of water from the outer right cave. "This is the one" Aquarius said pointing to the cave and trudged forward through the cave opening. But unfortunatly for Rinen, Aquarius had chosen one of the small tunnels, a fact that the young Swimmer had greatly overlooked since the cave was easily large enough for him but a tight fit for Rinen.    

jorrdy12

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
"Why would I want to slaughter you? I'm a longneck, only 8 seasons in age. Green food is all I eat. You see, to be honest, I am just really lonely. I'm an orphan after all and..." The voice took on a more depressed note. "And... when I heard you cry, I could hear the despair that's all too familiar... You're up there all alone and... you sound like a child just like me. Sad, scared... and all alone..."

Samara didn't know what she had to do, stay in the tree and stay safe and eventually die of hunger, or look over the edge and risk exposure to whatever is down there, even if the mysterious voice - which suspiciously sounds feminine - says that it's friendly and wants to help her. Atleast being eaten will save the misery of slowly feeling your body turn against itself and devour what once worked in cooperation with eachother. With her mind made up she walked to the edge.

"You say you want to help me, and that you recognize the despair that I let out, so I ask you, where are you going, what are your intentions and why do you care if I feel alone and hurt?"

« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 05:26:37 PM by jorrdy12 »
The stars too have beginnings, but their power accompanies their decline.  —Finite.
The fish of the sea know not the world of the land. Were they to possess wisdom, they too would experience decline.
It is more absurd that humans should surpass the speed of light than it is that fish should start living on the land.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The threehorn looked with slight worry at the tunnel the swimmer had pointed at. It was very narrow and for a moment, he wondered whether he’d fit in at all. However, he had begun to realize that he should begin acting more self-confidently here. The swimmer was, despite his claims, just a hatchling and a swimmer on top of that! A threehorn couldn’t afford to show more weakness to him, o matter his situation. Rinen looked at Aquarius enter the tunnel with ease and Rinen snorted as he followed him. He would show him who was the stronger dinosaur here and wash some of his lingering despair away.

Rinen cringed as he felt the walls close in on his sides, hoping at this moment that he’d be as thin as most other threehorns as his extra weight made his advance slow, forced and extremely uncomfortable. However, with painful twitches and tugs, Rinen forced himself through the narrow tunnel which, to his luck, begun to grow a bit wider soon enough. Rinen looked at Aquarius’ vague form in the pitch-dark pit, envying how easy it was for him to move through the tunnel. The duo moved on for a long, oppressive while before the small tunnel suddenly merged into a large hall, most of which was too dark to see clearly. All but a huge boulder in the middle of it were completely covered in complete darkness, the rock being lighted by a few rays emanating from some small hole within the wall.

At first, Rinen thought it was just an ordinary crack in the cave but the more his eyes got used to the small blink of the light of the Bright Circle, the more he could see that there was small to the source of the bright light than he had thought at first. The swimmer moved near that spot in the cave and soon they both could see an intriguing detail about it. The “wall” was in fact a collapsed opening, not unlike the one that the two had used to enter the cave in the first place but it seemed to be covered by a much smaller pile of rocks. Rinen was sure he could get through this hindrance if he gave the effort his all but the threehorn cringed in pain at the mere thought of the hits he’d have to take to achieve that goal.

“This part is up to me, swimmer. I’ll get us out of this cave even quicker than even you can blink! Just see...”
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 10:42:28 AM by Sovereign »

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"You say you want to help me, and that you recognize the despair that I let out, so I ask you, where are you going, what are your intentions and why do you care if I feel alone and hurt?"

For a while now Lizzie had been wondering just what kind of dinosaur might be hiding high up on the tree. As she received the other girl's reply, she finally caught a glimpse of said girl.

A flyer...

For whatever reason it hadn't crossed her mind that of all creatures to wander this cursed world, a flyer would be most likely to climb up to such heigths. Now she just needed to answer her honestly.

"Gee, you're quite cautious and distrusting, flyer," Lizzie's voice sounded tired, after all it was seldomly in use these days and her mood also wasn't the best. "Most of the time I don't care about anything in this world anymore, y'know? But when I see someone in the same situation, knowing what a pain it is - to be all alone, to care for yourself... to deal with... the past..." Lizzie quickly had to suppress a sob but she failed to hide the tears that now welled up in her eyes. "Well, if-if there's something you can do so others won't have to go through the same misery - or just make things a little better for them... well, that also makes me feel a little... better." This time she couldn't hold back the sob. "It's because I know how terrible it is... Just a little company would be oh so nice, especially if we're caught in the same rotten log..."

With tearful eyes, Lizzie looked up into the skies, wondering just when she had become attached to company. Didn't she keep to herself all the time so noone would see her cry her heart's content out each and every night? Wasn't she so used to this after almost a year of being alone that she'd stopped caring at all?

jorrdy12

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
"Well, if-if there's something you can do so others won't have to go through the same misery - or just make things a little better for them... well, that also makes me feel a little... better. It's because I know how terrible it is... Just a little company would be oh so nice, especially if we're caught in the same rotten log..."

Samara didn't know how she felt about the answer, on one hand her question got answered about the intentions of the creatu- Longneck- below, but they avoided one question which is important, where was the longneck going? She can go anywhere, and where she is headed, is it safe there? Could she live in peace? No. Samara shook her head to get rid of the question, of course she couldn't trust anyone, they were simply seeking to exploit her, and when she was at her weakest, to capture or even kill her. Samara looked down at the longneck again and saw the longneck looking away, like she's hurt and wondering something. She could wonder other questions out later, right now the most important question was,

"You've told me things about yourself, about why you wanted to help me, yet you haven't answered me yet about where you are going? Besides, you are a longneck, why would you help someone, who is of a different species, than you? Why? Why do you even consider that, haven't your parents taught you? Longnecks stay with longnecks, and flyers stay with flyers."

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
Aquarius stared at the small pile of rocks though he moved out of the way when The Threehorn said that he would be the one to get them out. However Aquarius had his doubts about simply bashing through that wall. Although Aquarius wished he could get closer he knew it was out of the question as the Threehorn backed up and charged at the rock wall slammed into the wall with all the force he could muster. The wall shook and a whole load of loose pebbles were discarded and fell to the ground along with a couple of big ones. The Threehorn repeated this and though he tried not to show it Aquarius could see the strained look on The Threehorn's face as he started to strain at the effort of slamming his head into those rocks.

It was nearly ten charges later and little sign of change in the wall that the Threehorn stopped to catch his breath, Aquarius took his change this charged and approached the rock wall and inspecting it. He could see the several boulders had accumulated at the bottom due to the beating on the wall. However those rocks that were on the bottom were no longer at the top. Aquarius climbed up a couple of boulders and stood on a flat one and saw that the top layer of stones was much thinner, there was more light coming this area. The Swimmer's eyes widened, as he released that this was the way out it just needed a push.

Aquarius turned back to look at the exhausted Threehorn. The young Swimmer jumped to the ground and walked over to him and placed some treestars down in front of his snout in the hope that he might eat one. "I think if you hit the wall up near the top then we'll be able to get out" He said, Aquarius didn't feel so helpless if the Threehorn used this advice as he could never do anything like this even if he was not almost covered in dried blood. His wounds were no longer bleeding except one but he was two weak to do this so he sat aside and waited, listening to the loud panting of the exhausted Threehorn.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Due to his immense frustration and the only increasing aching within his head, Rinen wanted to mainly snort at the swimmer’s proposition. How did Aquarius think a threehorn could climb on top of the large boulders and then bring down a pile of rocks without gaining a little speed beforehand? However, Rinen realized that it was the duo’s only chance to escape and there was no reason to try to poison the atmosphere in the already worrying situation. However, the leaves offered by his companions proved to be too much for him: he didn’t even look at them as he rose up and tried to catch his breath and calm down. Rinen cocked his head slightly as he spotted the same powerful source of light Aquarius had spoken about and then spoke silently, the fatigue evident in his voice.

“Well, I can give it a try but it won’t be easy. Maybe if I’d…” The threehorn said as he carefully moved up the boulders, heading for the spot he’d have to breach. It wasn’t an easy task for the threehorn but a certain sort of hope could be seen from his face as he stared at his and the swimmer’s only window to the rest of the world. However, his position made the boy frown heavily. He could bring this tiny wall down easily in a normal situation but it would be difficult from the small boulders he was standing on. Still, he knew he’d have to give it a try if he wished to get away from the cave. The memory of the sharptooth’s roar chilled his bones but he knew that neither was staying in the tomb-like caverns an option.

With careful movements, the threehorn slowly moved further away from the wall and after a moment of looking for the best spot to hit, Rinen charged against the pile of rocks, using the adjacent rocks as his springboard. At first, only the all too familiar sensation of headache and pain coursed through him but after a small moment, a few rocks dropped around him. Rinen shook his head for a moment before he looked at the wall again and saw that the small hole into the daylight had grown a bit bigger. Encouraged by this development, he quickly hit the wall again and with every new hit the hole grew larger and more unstable.

After Rinen’s fifth hit, the wall finally gave up. The boy looked in astonishment as many of the larger rocks dropped to the cavern floor even if his eyes were completely overwhelmed by the bright light that now engulfed the whole cavern. Even if the storm still raged on, the sight of a small stream and wide fields looked extremely enticing to the young threehorn. With a relaxed, even happy voice, he called to Aquarius who had taken cover from the falling rocks.

“I did it! The way out is clear!”

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The purple fastrunner could only sigh as he completed the final laborious steps up the first of the hills that had greeted their vision for the last two days.  Brown and foreboding with only the faintest hints of vegetation, it itself contained only enough indications of life to give one hope.  It was only when he reached the top that he realized that those hopes were not entirely in vain.

"Wow, we have trees and bushes!" he muttered with a tired voice as the stark scenery behind them gave way to slightly less depressing scenery ahead of them, "We might actually get to eat before something eats us."

It was then that he noticed that something was missing.

"Wyoh?"

Hesitantly he began to look around him for the larger green fastrunner.  How could he have lost sight of her on a mostly barren hill?

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

...where are you going?

Yes, where was she going? Was there anywhere to go for a little longneck and a little flyer? As the young girl thought about this, the voice of someone she had once met suddenly spoke insight of her.

------------------

Some months prior

"Lizzie, can I talk to you for a second?" Her eyes were still red from crying all night as Lizzie looked up from her crouched posture, meeting the wise eyes of the old stranger who had spared her life by saving her in the desert. Although he was a kind and wise old fellow, the child didn't feel like talking to him at all, the wounds of her father's  betrayal still too deep and fresh. Well, at least he was kind towards her... so she decided to hear him out.

"Yes?" she responded with a sad sigh that still carried the sort of hiccup you got after weeping for a long time.

"Well, the herd's decided to move on," the old longneck spoke as he lowered his neck. "Unfortunately though the leader did not allow you to become a member as we've had other families' children starve to death only recently. I'm sorry Lizzie but you cannot stay with us..." The regret in the old dinosaurs voice was shining brighter than the usual wisdom that it seemed to carry. Lizzie registered the words but they didn't cause any emotional response despite the implementations that they obviously carried. Once again she was being abandoned, although this time she would be dismissed kindly... or so she assumed.

"I want you to know that this is not what I wanted. Leaving a child on its own in such a world is irresponsible and absolutely immoral yet I have to obey. The herd needs me too, y'know?" A sad smile crossed his face for a second. "Anyway, I will try to make sure that you'll have the best of chances, Lizzie. This place has enough water but very little food - certainly more than enough for a child like you but what if this place ever dries? This whole region was once a wide, fertile grassland back in my days and just look what became of it..."

"Okay..." Lizzie merely replied, listening intently although it didn't quite look like that from an outside perspective.

"If you ever don't know where to go, Lizzie, then you should walk with the Bright Circle in your back. Beyond this grassland were wide forests and lush rivers in the past. If you can cross this desert and run from the Bright Circle, maybe you can have a chance. This area is so deserted that even Sharpteeth seem to avoid it but don't let your guard down."

Lizzie looked at the horizon, the remains of dawn still visible on the sky as it was barely morning. "So... I should move this way?" She pointed over to the direction the old longneck indicated.

"Well, take the Bright Circle as a reference when it is at its highest on the sky, then your path will be most likely to reach cooler regions where hopefully food is still growing..."

If it hadn't been for the fact that he had saved her life - though she was beginning to muse that she'd rather have perished, and that he'd always been kind and upright, Lizzie probably wouldn't believe his words. Given the wisdom that he possessed and his position as a high-ranked deputy in the herd, Lizzie had to assume that his advice could be taken for granted.

"Good luck, little one, you will need it..."

"Thank you..." Lizzie replied sadly. Despite the lack of interest in anything around her and despite the emotional distance that she had kept to everyone, adults and kids alike who she interacted with, the little longneck felt a little gloomy which had nothing to do with her trauma from the past. Even though she preferred to be left alone, it was something completely different to BE completely alone without protection, without a home...

"Just promise me one thing kid okay?"

"Huh?" Lizzie got mildly curious.

"Do your best to survive and hang in there. Life is too precious and beautiful to be thrown away. You are like a flower that has yet to bloom and grow. Do you understand?"

Lizzie wasn't entirely sure if she understood what the old dinosaur meant but what she did understand was that he wanted her to survive. Slowly, she nodded, a few tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Farewell, Lizzie."

--------------------

Ever since that the young longneck hadn't spoken to any other sapient creature. Even though she was all alone, a spark of hope had started to light up. What if the old dinosaur was right and she really could escape the desert her family had tried to escape for so long to no avail? It was her luck that she had decided to eat as much of the little food the place offered before eventually starting her journey towards the north. Though at first she was eager, following the path described to her, now, many months later she was as hopeless as a dinosaur could be and might have long since starved if she hadn't eaten so much back then. She still hadn't escaped and strayed from the path a lot in her depressed state. Still, if there was one direction to follow, it'd probably be away from the Bright Circle.

"A wise dinosaur once told me to walk away from the Bright Circle where the weather is cooler and food more plentiful. However, I still haven't been able to escape this desert. Unless you know a better way though this is where I will go." After some more thinking, she added. "Although it seems like the big ocean is that direction. Wonder if we should follow it. At least it has water..."

And sends gigantic waves inland...

Lizzie hesitated for a moment as her idea suddenly seemed much less foolhardy but how big were the odds of another terrible earthshake to cause them?

"Anyway, you do not have to go with me if you don't want to. It would be nice though..."

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
As the rock wall collapsed Aquarius ran back in order to escape the falling rubble. As soon as the dust cleared he found himself almost blinded by light that part of him wondered if he would ever see it again. With a tired huff Aquarius picked up his treestars and painstakingly began to scale the wall to the top, he only now realised just how tired he was. Ignoring the sudden increase in fatigue he continued upwards till he was up next to the Threehorn who he was surprised to see had actually waited for him for some reason. However Aquarius's attention was drawn to the sight ahead, of trees with green and cool water in his sights there was no doubt that he was going there. Looking at the tree stars he still had he decided not to waste them and became to take a well deserved meal.

He was a little confused as to why Threehorn was still hanging around, perhaps awaiting a thank you which Aquarius could not deny that he deserved but that could wait till after he was done eating and indeed an uncomfortable silence held all the way till Aquarius finally finished his treestars. He noticed that Rinen looked more then a little apprehensive for some reason that escaped the Swimmer at the moment. He looked up at the Threehorn and finally addressed him. "I suppose I should say..." He took a deep breath and prepared to say what he never thought he'd say to a Threehorn. "Thanks" Aquarius looked out over the land "I don't know about you but I'm going down there" he said though he never said goodbye to the Threehorn he was more then ready to break away from the Threehorn and go his own way so he started to slowly made his way down the slope of rocks. And then I'm going to find my family thought Aquarius, he just could not believe that he was the only one still alive and he desperately clung to the hope that his family had survived he just begged inwardly that his was not a false one.  

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Wyoh looked back over her shoulder- no sign of purple feathers. Lost in the monotony of travel, she hadn't exactly noticed when he'd stopped trailing her, and she wasn't sure if he had left intentionally or if she'd just been moving faster than she realized. Though the thought of the first option ruffled her feathers a bit, she wasn't too worried either way. Finding the brightly colored fastrunner would probably be a simple matter of climbing to higher ground and taking a look around. In the meantime, she was desperately hungry, and this was a good opportunity to grab a bite without any competition. Though there wasn't as much to eat here as she had hoped, this area wasn't nearly as dead as the flatlands. She had found a few dried up berries and some promising scents over by a gently sloping cliff face covered in large rocks and debris; with a little more time, she was sure she'd find something good.

Just as she was was nosing around some thin, dry brush growing along the base of the cliff, she began to pick up some faint, periodic rumbling sounds and a slight shaking of the ground, seemingly coming from somewhere nearby. She tilted her head toward the sound, curious and a little apprehensive. Could it be a large predator? The beginnings of another earthshake? The noises died down, and she nearly wrote them off entirely, before a loud CRACK caused her to leap straight into the air, loose feathers coming free left and right. Above and a little to her right, pieces of the sloping wall had started to come loose, and shards of rock were thrown forward as if by some internal force.

Living up to the title of "Fastrunner," she was out of the area in record-breaking time, leaving only a few wisps of dust in her wake. She nearly bowled into Buko as she reached the crest of a hill but dodged to the side at the last moment, halfway tripping over her own feet as she skidded to a stop.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As Buko finally overcame the crest of the hill he was relieved to see the tell-tale features of his companion appear like a mirage from the semi-barren scenery.  His relief was short lived however as the larger blur of feathers rapidly approached him like a shooting sky rock.  In the end he barely had enough time to dive out of the way, not realizing that Wyoh had already dodged his body.

He spat out the unwanted feast of dirt from his now abused beak.  Ignoring the sudden pain and disorientation from his collision with the ground, he practically yelled at his companion.

"What in the heck is going on!?!"

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The swimmer’s words crept slowly into Rinen’s consciousness and it took a moment for him to fully realize their full implications.  Not once since those much earlier and happier days back with his herd, long before that damned test, had any other dinosaur actually thanked the threehorn for anything nor spared a kind word for him. Aquarius’ tone seemed somewhat forced but it was clear that he meant what he said. A smile crept to Rinen’s face as he looked into the fading curtain of sky water. This simple “thanks” wasn’t much but for the beaten, desperate threehorn, it was an enormous reprieve from the continuous tragedy that had lately been his life.

However, the younger dinosaur’s next words made Rinen cringe slightly. Now that they had managed to escape from their potential tomb, what next? The swimmer seemed surprisingly eager to get to the outside world considering that he, too, had lost his family. According to what he had heard, neither did Aquarius have a home to return to. The threehorn still had a hard time believing his companion’s stories about this “Great Wave” but apparently his family was gone, regardless of the cause. The thought of what he was planning to say next was a bitter one but Rinen wanted to think it would benefit both of the wayward dinosaurs. Rinen turned to look at Aquarius, who was quickly reaching his position, and started to speak in a careful voice.

“I… thanks for helping me too. I… I was just thinking about…” Rinen’s slow words were quickly cut short by a sudden, unexpected voice from the outside which immediately caught Rinen’s attention.

"What in the heck is going on!?!"

The voice was clearly angered but not necessarily hostile. It emanated from somewhere nearby but he couldn’t quite see the dinosaur behind the cry. For a moment, Rinen hesitated on whether or not to react to the voice but after a short while, he realized it wouldn’t hurt to see who had also gotten lost on these remote, hostile steppes. The voice certainly didn’t belong to a sharptooth and it actually sounded like a young male, hardly older than he was. Maybe… just maybe he should go check what was going on and to see if he could learn something of use from the unknown dinosaur. He slowly crouched downwards and started to carefully head towards the direction the cry had come from and whispered silently to Aquarius who also seemed puzzled by the brash, angered yell. One couldn’t be too dangerous on unknown lands.

“Maybe we should go see who cried out like that. It's not too often another leaf eater appears in this kind of wasteland.”
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 06:58:08 PM by Sovereign »

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Wyoh recovered her balance and stood, legs shaking, trying to catch her breath. She was very relieved to see Buko, and tried to explain to him what had happened.

"It... it was... it was a..."

She paused. What had it been? Out of the heat of the moment, with her blind fear wearing down, she was beginning to feel foolish. It could have been anything- there were plenty of leafeaters big enough to knock  a few rocks out of the way. Would it have been so bad to stay a moment longer and try to get a look at the thing? She glanced over at Buko, not wanting to come across as cowardly or flighty.

"It was... something big. Probably a sharptooth." She ruffled her feathers a bit, suddenly aware that more than a few were bent at odd angles. That would have to wait. "We should keep moving, I'm sure it will be able to find my smell."

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Slash still had not found any food in the area at all, but this may have been a good opportunity. Sniffing the air, the Sharptooth caught the scent of at least one or two young dinosaurs and started off as quiet as possible toward them, however it wasn’t too silent for the massive theropod’s huge weight caused his footsteps to still shake the ground. Slash was a decent distance away, so the young dinosaurs were okay for the moment.

“I wonder what that was? Dinner will hopefully be served soon.” he though to himself in his native language.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 12:33:31 AM by Hypno »
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)