The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Laserdisc of the Original Movie.

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Nov 2 2010 on  12:12 AM

The scene where Littlefoot's Mother got torn into, in the shadow, you do see a slight moment of a blood spray.

I cant see that on the DVD? Wikipedia says that there are brief portions in the biting scene that aren't cut in the earliest home video releases, so maybe that's correct if it's on your laserdisc.

Dilopho

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I think he does mean that moment with the blood spray:

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
Quote from: Dilopho,Nov 8 2010 on  02:16 AM
I think he does mean that moment with the blood spray:

Yeah, that's it. According to wikipedia, all the blood, etc. was supposed to have been shown, but the scene was cut before animating and filming stared.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Land_Before_Time#Editing

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, I saw it clear as day on the Laserdisc.  I guess it only shows there, which I guess will make more of a reason for the members here to grab it off of eBay ASAP.

I checked the DVD version and it's not on there.  I'm definitely going to have to find a way to record the Laserdisc onto my computer.

Now, for those that don't believe Petrie's daring escape, let me show you something. (Note: Use the Ctrl + function to get a better view. (Note 2: When in doubt, download and zoom in with a viewing tool.))

Okay, here, we see Petrie get grabbed by Sharptooth's teeth.

Now, keep an eye on the red circle that I have put in.  Where I circle is where Petrie is.

Here, you can see he's still caught as they plummet to their doom.

Sharptooth hits the water and he's STILL holding on to Petrie.

When the rock hits, Petrie escapes Sharptooth's grasp.

He tries to get away.

Only to be caught again.

And get pulled under by the killer.

That was one messed up Sharptooth! :blink:

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Nov 8 2010 on  10:51 AM
Well, I saw it clear as day on the Laserdisc. I guess it only shows there, which I guess will make more of a reason for the members here to grab it off of eBay ASAP.

I checked the DVD version and it's not on there. I'm definitely going to have to find a way to record the Laserdisc onto my computer.

If you want a near-original quality copy of the disc material, this should do the job nicely.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pikkutassu,Nov 9 2010 on  12:27 AM
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Nov 8 2010 on  10:51 AM
Well, I saw it clear as day on the Laserdisc. I guess it only shows there, which I guess will make more of a reason for the members here to grab it off of eBay ASAP.

I checked the DVD version and it's not on there. I'm definitely going to have to find a way to record the Laserdisc onto my computer.

If you want a near-original quality copy of the disc material, this should do the job nicely.
No need!  I already got a little something and it cost me less than that does.

Thanks to my new video capture device, I'll be able to show off the Bonus Material from the Laserdisc tomorrow.  Also, I will soon set up a download for the altered scene.

Get ready, everyone!  What we have been hunting to find for so long, we finally get to see it.

Trust me, you'll be surprised by it. :)

See ya later!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Alright guys, for starters, here's the original Theatrical Trailer that helped advertise this movie.  The pre-version and the post-version don't have much of a difference.

The Land Before Time 1988 Original Theatrical Trailer

The Production Notes of the original movie, in video format.

Production Notes from The Land Before Time 1988

Finally, the pictures that were on the laserdisc.  Again, in video format.

Pictures from The Land Before Time Movie

Enjoy, and I'll get the altered scene ready.

See ya later!

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Nice  :) I remember that scene where cera runs away from her laughing sisters.

Dilopho

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Can someone tell me how to download a youtube video? I would like to have the picture-movie but there isn't an option to download it.

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dilopho,Nov 12 2010 on  02:21 PM
Can someone tell me how to download a youtube video? I would like to have the picture-movie but there isn't an option to download it.
I use this

http://www.downloadhelper.net/

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
there is also http://keepvid.com/ & http://www.savevid.com/

with keepvid and savevid you just copy the web address of the video into the indicated spot.  Then you can download it in a number of formats.

Dilopho

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Thank you for the links. Someone should tell the people from Youtube to add a button to download the videos.

And a great thank you to pokeplayer984 for the 3 movies.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dilopho,Nov 13 2010 on  09:22 PM
Thank you for the links. Someone should tell the people from Youtube to add a button to download the videos.

And a great thank you to pokeplayer984 for the 3 movies.
There's already other methods of downloading YT videos. EasyYouTubeDownloader (add-on for Firefox) is one of them.

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dilopho,Nov 14 2010 on  08:22 AM
Someone should tell the people from Youtube to add a button to download the videos.
Nope.

Because then people would start stealing each other's videos and claim them as their own. :p

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Um, I was rechecking the scene as I was setting up a NEW way of commentary and found that I was wrong.  My eyes had fooled me all along! :anger

So yeah, but if you go frame by frame, you will note something else about the bite.  Something else that makes the bite make more sense at it eventually killing Littlefoot's Mother.

And yeah, I am going to be setting up a new commentary for this, which is a good thing.  My last one was terrible.

However, I'm going to be doing it differently than other commentaries.  You'll see what I mean when you see it.  In fact, it's so different that I've given a new name for it.  I like to call it "Let's Watch".  Basically, a take on Let's Play for video games.  Trust me, it'll earn the name quite nicely.

So yeah!  Sorry about the mistake and I'll hope to have the new thing done soon.

See ya later!