The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

World Baseball Classic

raga · 5 · 763

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
The WBC has been amazing this year, so many great games, and its still in the first round!  Korea beats Japan 1-0 in the Pool A final game (decides who gets 1st and 2nd in the pool) after being destroyed by the Japanese just a couple days earlier in the pool A winners game.  Australia comes out of nowhere to defeat Mexico and are now going to face Cuba in the pool B winners game (which they'll lose, I'm half cuban  :smile ) The USA beats Canada 6-5 in what is so far the greatest game the WBC has ever seen (since this is only the second WBC, that really isn't saying much), then Italy bounces off a defeat to Venezula to elimnate Canada altogether.  But nothing compares to the netherlands, a team expected to do nothing, defeating one of the worlds greatest baseball powers, the Dominican Republic, in what is one of the greatest upsets in the history of sports.  So, now that I'm done with my rant, any thoughts?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
US is a lot better this year. there's talking of adding a qualifying nexts for the next tournament and expanding the foield to 24. Teams like Nicaraga, Brazil, France and Germany, and have regional tournaments that would allow different teams to make it. Yeah The Us, Cuba the Dr will be locks to go, as will be china and Japan.. but to have other countries represented as well would be really cool. Also they should have the contest in July when more people are paying attention to baseball.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I've heard those rumors too, I hope their true.  As for the US team, the main difference is that they take it much more seriously this time around.  Which is a good thing, last time was just embarrising.  I don't think it should be played in July though, MLB teams would never let their players go

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well, the National Hockey League stops play for the Olympics and baseball is no longer part of the Olympics so the WBC could become baseball's Olympics. Heck I think the All_star game is overrated anyway..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The Dominican Republic is out, having lost to the Netherlands twice.  The DR was a favorite coming in.. but now they're done..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: