The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

President George H W Bush has died at 94

Nick22 · 4 · 1131

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
President George HW Bush  ( Bush 41 for short) has died at the age of 94. Bush served one term as president from 1989-1993, and is mostly remembered for being president when the Soviet Union collapsed and driving Saddam Hussein out of Kuwait in Operation Desert Storm. Bush was one of only two presidents( John Adams was the other) to have his son  also become president, the Harrisons were grandfather and grandson.
 RIP MR President.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 12:29:22 AM by Nick22 »
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Though not unexpected on account of his age and the recent loss of his wife, this is a sad loss for the country.  In many ways George Bush Senior is the first President that I can remember during the exciting times of the fall of communism in Europe and, of course, during the Persian Gulf War.  He will undoubtedly be remembered for his rational and pragmatic decisions during his presidency which includes building a multi-nation coalition before going to war, passage of the Americans with Disabilities Act, raising taxes prudently in order to address a growing deficit despite the inevitable electoral backlash, and prudent policies on conservation and education.  Though I did not agree with all of his policies I can especially appreciate his dignified and prudent administration of the country.  In light of recent times, that dignity is deeply missed.  May he rest in peace.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
He was the second president during my lifetime (I was born in the Reagan era), and I do still remember parts of his presidency. He was definitely a president I respected, and was pragmatic, as has been stated. An American aviator as well in WWII, his TBM Avenger was shot down after successfully bombing a Japanese radio tower on Chichijima. Hit by anti-aircraft fire, his Avenger was downed with its engine aflame, though he managed to bail out, and floated for four hours in a raft before being rescued by the submarine USS Finback. He flew 58 combat mission, and was a real hero. I too may not have agreed with all of his policies, but definitely a president I respected. May he rest in peace.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

DiddyKF1

• Monkey of Many Mysteries from the Fruitiest Forests
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Proud supporter of DuckyxPetrie!
    • View Profile
It's crazy to think that I was born on the same month he lost to Bill Clinton (in fact, just two days after Election Day). Despite not being a supporter of his party, I must agree with others' sentiments that he was a master of foreign policies. According to James Baker, so many things happened over the four years Bush was in office; the end of the Cold War, the reunification of Germany (fall of the Berlin Wall), and the collapse of the Soviet Union. Personally, I think he will be best remembered for the crucial roles he took on in ending the Cold War and in the Persian Gulf War. When you look at it that way, he really was an American hero. May he rest in peace.
Suddenly, I've written so many fanfics that I can't possibly list them all! :P

Ducky x Petrie forever! :)petrie :duckyhappy