The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Deleted scenes? for the sequels? anyone?

Guest · 13 · 2291

Kron the Iguanadon

Are there deleted scenes for the sequels? If so will they ever be released? For example wasn't John Ingle still credited as voicing Cera's dad in 4 even though he isn't in it? And doesn't it seem like there was something cut in movie 5 that would explain how they got onto their makeshift log?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
There are deleted scenes in the sequels (Aria Noelle Curzon (the voiceactor of Ducky) confirmed that). However there is much less known about such scenes than in case of the original movie. There are a few images of LBT 11 about that might be from deleted scenes, but though they appeared originally on an official page they do look a lot more like they were picture montages rather than taken from any scenes actually produced. Cut scenes from the sequels may perhaps rank among the least explored interesting topics about LBT :yes

Kron the Iguanadon

Cool! Then I guess I've started somthing cool and new to talk about! I don't care about deleted scenes from 11, that one sucked, but 2,3, and 4 I'd love to see! 5, too! I've heard (on wikipedia I might add) that there was an alternate version of the scene in 5 where they meet chomper where Cera bites his tail, making him scream (like he did to her in movie 2) It was unsourced so I removed it, though. Anyways I wonder where we could get info about it? The sequels themselves are too short!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It's very hard to get information on such topics. You could try getting it by contacting the creators of said movies, or poke the voice actors and see what they know/remember. The chance you'll actually get to see them is small, but it's definitely something to pursue.

CreativePerson

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I always suspected there were deleted scenes in LBT 3, 4, 5, and 7 for some reason. With those movies I thought there must have been something missing in them. For LBT 4 And 5 I'm pretty sure they were originally going to be scenes where the gang would explore their surroundings a bit more. I would love to see more of the Valley of Mist and the Mysterious Island.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Alright, does anyone know how I can contact the team who worked on the sequels or the voice actors? Does anyone know if these scenes still exist and were not destroyed? I'm not gonna stop until I get deleted scenes from films 2-5 (the rest i don't care about, besides the original, of course.)

Bruton the Iguanodon

Is anyone even gonna help me find them? I want the ones from 2-5!!!!!!!! Is that really too much 2 ask?!!!

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
It's not that easy.

First off, I don't know if there's even deleted scenes from those movies. There might be, might not me. Second, it is hard to say, even if there's any deleted footage, if it's still around or not. And finally, it's not that simple contacting Universal. While yes you can through I think feedback, that is no guarantee they'll reply. They might never reply.

Bruton the Iguanodon

This is so frustrating. I'm having to go to great lengths to get something that should be really simple.  :confused

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
And yet it's not that simple. To find out if there were deleted scenes or not would require contacting someone who worked on the sequels, which would not be easy. And even if one did manage to contact one of them, there's no guarantee that they'll answer, or even remember if there were deleted scenes.

Bruton the Iguanodon

I know...this really sucks, I really want deleted scnes from 2-4, and hell, why not the rest, just to see what didn't make the freakin cut?!

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Given the fact that the sequels were on a pretty tight budget the chance that there would be many deleted scenes is unlikely.  They weren't likely to waste time animating scenes that easily could be removed when discovered they didn't work during the storyboard sessions. ;)

Contacting Universal is not easy because there are so many departments.  Given the fact the animation division no longer exists, I'm not sure where you should go, given the fact that the people who worked on the films are probably doing other things at other companies by now.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey, thought I'd bring this old topic back up.

I wish they would at least release the scripts so we could see what might have been produced.