The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Deleted scenes in the sequels

Hypno · 15 · 2399

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
I found a possible deleted scene in the trailer for LBT II. It's from 00:13 - 00:16 in the trailer. It shows the gang running through a familiar forest, but I don't remember that angle or direction they were moving in. Could this be a deleted scene? I might be mistaken though, so could someone tell me where in the movie this happens if they know.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Could that sequence come from that moment when the gang are running towards the Sinking Sand?
Inactive, probably forever.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hmmm. No. I checked the parts where they were headed toward the Sinking Sand and they don't run through the forest like this. It just shows them start to run into the forest and then it just fades to the Sinking Sand scene. There is no scene in the final film of them running through the forest like this.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Good eye. Cool find, even if it is a small catch. I wonder if the film lost any actually full scenes.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Jun 9 2017 on  09:24 PM
Good eye. Cool find, even if it is a small catch. I wonder if the film lost any actually full scenes.
Maybe there was a scene that had just happened, was going to happen, or happening that was cut after the trailer for II was made.

Here is a VHS trailer for LBT III. At 00:18 there is a one-second scene where the whole gang gets trapped by fire. In the final film, Cera and her dad went a different way and eventually got trapped by fire. A tree falls down in front of them, but in the trailer, a tree falls in front of the whole Gang of Five. Maybe there was a change at some point. Maybe the trailer was made during production to be released on release day but there were still many production changes and such. Maybe originally the whole gang was supposed to be trapped by fire? Tell me what you guys think.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
next youtube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ncd6kHBIkjU
1:16

so, nope.

I'm checking second movie now

Edit:
that scene from second movie is nope-nope too.
It's from credits scene.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hmmm. You're right. I forgot that the gang came across the fire in the first place. Someone told me about the second movie scene this morning...so yeah, you're right. No deleted scenes for those trailers.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'd be surprised if there were major cut scenes in the sequels because the budgets were likely to be too tight to let any footage to waste. Of course it's possible but at least none of them are as apparent as the cuts in the original film. The only proof about deleted scenes in the sequels is the Best Time song but even them, I'm quite sure that part was never animated.

It's funny that both of my favorite animated films, LBT and Bambi, were cut much more than any other film I know of. In case of Bambi, there was as much as 30 minutes deleted due to Disney's dismal financial situation.  :(

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Mary Nelson-Duerrstein & Associates did the negative cutting for most of the sequels, but unfortunately I can't find any sort of online profile of her that contains any cut stuff. The best things I've found so far for behind-the-scenes LBT sequel production was this stuff.

http://flammarionportfoliog.blogspot.ca/ This is from the art director of the Grosvenor sequels.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm not too surprised by the lack of information about the sequels honestly but Ferreira's blog was a great find, thanks for sharing it. :) He's a really familiar name to me from the credits and it's good to see him willing to share that awesome concept art with us. Sometimes some surfing brings real results. ;)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Nice find Hypno! It's pretty cool looking at these scenes without any characters drawn in. It helps appreciate the details put into the backgrounds that might go unnoticed. I really like the one with Cera's nest at night.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
IT
IS
JUST
BEAUTIFUL!!!

Thank you for sharing!!!
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Hypno on Dec 4 2017, 04:24:01 PM
Mary Nelson-Duerrstein & Associates did the negative cutting for most of the sequels, but unfortunately I can't find any sort of online profile of her that contains any cut stuff. The best things I've found so far for behind-the-scenes LBT sequel production was this stuff.

http://flammarionportfoliog.blogspot.ca/ This is from the art director of the Grosvenor sequels.
Wow. That is a great find. I recognize locations and scenes from Movies 10-12.