The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

An Idea from Kor

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
Here's something Kor suggested to me through PM. read though and post your thoughts or opinions =)

An odd, likely bad, Idea I had to help stop confusion and such, though it would require more work of the gm is what I call scene change. The gm puts up a notice, maybe in bold face or something about a change in scene or location. The players can then have time to post leaving and heading towards the new scene, which does not occur till everyone has arrived. It should help some who get confused such as myself.

As an example in the rp where I got confused would be something like (though each gm would personalize this would work like this [though I can't do bold face here] but it would work something like this:

Scene change: It's now time to post leaving the appartment and heading towards the cultist headquarters.

Something like that as a rough idea and no changing the scene till everyone has posted, so everyone is in the same scene. Unless some like hunter is to wounded to go and slumps down and Jae stays to bandage her. That then becomes a separate scene with just Hunter and Jae. neither one can arrive at the cultist hq till the other posts also. Which would be a separate scene change notice just for those two or if hunter posts leaving and heading towards the cultist hq neither can arrive till the other has posted.

Another is the cafe rp of yours, though I think you did the equivalent of this. everyone has to go to the cellar, leave the cafe, go into a tardis or whatever but they have to leave the main above floor area of the cafe. The storm can't hit the cafe or do anything till everyone's posted.

folks are resting beside a stream. The next scene is to be another area, maybe a mountain where some sharpteeth will attack and the characters will have to escape. The sharpteeth can't appear till everyone posts going from the stream to the mountain.

Maybe give folks, depending on how fast some post 1 day, 2 days, 3, whatever is best, before the scene is advanced, folks arrive and the battle starts, the storm hits the cafe ect.

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, it honestly depends on the RPG, I'd say. In In Darkness, everyone posts so fast that I think one day would be okay, since all the RPers taking part in it check the site daily. Otherwise, it is a good idea, and it would've stopped alot of confusion that had happened.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Has the speed issue been addressed, yes or no?  You do have to slow down and let major characters reply.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
I have set up a similar idea to this for my rp as well where those who are playing can only post three times a day. But this idea is sheer brilliance! Way to go Kor!