The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Just an idea

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've read somewhere else, maybe even on several places, that it would be cool if all LBT artists would work on a drawing together. I was wonder if this was possible? how? And who would join in? Would we need a theme? But most important of all is this idea liked by others than me?

I think it would be awesome.

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
the idea is fine, but how you want to send the painting to other uhmm... artists? :huh:

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I like the idea; I think a kind of concept is needed. One thing which I think ought to be abandoned straight away is the thought of one picture looking like it was done by one person. With many people working on it I reckon it would be more resembling a collage rather than a consistent image.
As an alternative one could try a picture with clear distribution of tasks (one painting the background landscape, one artist character x, one artist character y etc.), but we would have to be aware of the fact that it might not become a harmonic picture (e.g. characters of different size and the like) if everyone is boiling the own bowl of soup and all of it is patched together later on. It might be another approach to have one of us start a power point picture which is then passed on to the next who will add something to it before passing it on to the next and so on. There is a risk though that the one who begins would "dominate" the picture to some degree.
Anyway, do you have any concrete thoughts about it? Who else would be interested?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I like your last idea of sending it from one to another person.

There is a risk though that the one who begins would "dominate" the picture to some degree.

Could be, we can discuss that if there's more interest.

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I think it is a great idea, but count me out , I suck at fanart, I would only ruin it all, but there are many talented people here, like you too.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm no artist, apart from maybe stick figures.  

A basic scene may need to be agreed on and then if it'll be just a collage, or a scene with certain folks doing certain parts or elements as well as certain characters.  One thing that may make things easier if if a universal type of file is used that can be used and saved to by whatever programs the various artist are using.  As how to send the image to each it can be done by msn, or by email.  Though I think each person in the network should keep separately the version sent to them and their work, in case there is some mess up somewhere, then it'll be far easier to fix.