The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Because the GOF is very international...

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Another Finnish here, so obviously it's also my native language. I have been studying English for quite long and as a result, I do believe that I am good at it. When it comes to Swedish, I can concur with Sovereign, I was never good at it. I have also studied some Russian and Spanish during college and well... let's just say that I'm not that good with either of them. Lastly, I can say a few words in Greek without making a complete fool of myself.

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://sporeleaf.forumotion.net/creators-hall-f7/post-your-dinos-here-
Primary Language: English
Secondary Language: 中文

Und ich kann ein bisschen Deutsch sprechen. Danke LBTfan90, ich glaube er nicht mir im hier  :(

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I'm boring. I only know English.

I did take French in Grades 4-6. But that was only because it was mandatory, and I never tried to learn French again after that because I had an absolutely horrible teacher. :p Although maybe things would've been different if I'd had a better experience.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
I only know English as well, with a tiny bit of French.

I don't know how far I'll actually go with learning French in school honestly. Only time can tell.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, I guess not exactly. It can be fun at times, but overall it's tedious.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh trust me, she is much better than yours, judging by the way you're describing him/her. But still, I don't really feel too committed of learning the language though, plus the fact that I have 8 other periods of different classes with different things to study and learn.

By the way, why is your French teacher horrible?

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I don't remember a lot of specifics. He was just stern and grumpy and an unpleasant person all-around. One of those people who gave off a consistently cold vibe. And nobody else I knew liked him either. It almost seemed like he hated kids despite, you know, working in an elementary school.

My step-sister had him in one of her classes many years later, and evidently no-one in her class liked him either. I remember she told us how the class came up with a couple nicknames for him: Père Noël (French for Father Christmas) and Mister Money Mart. :p

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Eh, you know, you gotta earn a living to survive, right? But your French teacher should not be teaching children, seems like the type of teacher that brings out the worse in these kids probably.

Also, why not nickname him Scrooge? It reminds me of him.

Bah! Humbug!

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well I like Père Noël and Mister Money Mart because of their randomness. :p But Scrooge works too. And yeah, he just wasn't good with kids. Thankfully though, I'm pretty sure he is retired now.