The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Littlefoot's voice

Petrie · 3 · 2320

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Once again, we hear that Littlefoot's voice is changing (again!).  What I wonder is why so many changes when other characters (Petrie for example) have only had two changes since the theatrical release while Littlefoot has been through five now.  :o

Whats so hard about his voice that they keep having to hire new voice actors?

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Dunno...maybe its just the age group of the boys chosen to do his voice. They all seem to be between the ages of 10 - 16/17. I personally dont reckon that Scott McAfee (Littlefoot 2-4) is as old as everyone says he is. There is no way a 17-18 year old can possibly sound that high pitched! Not even if his voice was sped up to sound higher...there's just no way I can see. Personally, I liked Thomas Dekker as Littlefoot (5-9. Did singing voice in 5). Despite guys in the other forum saying he sound like a girl, I prefer his voice to the others (besides Gabriel Damon of LBT 1). Alec Medlock's a bit too squeaky for me and Im sorry but his yawning in SUPER-annoying!!! But he played the part OK I guess...Wonder if this Aaron Spann has got the right voice for the part. Well, if he's got the casting personel's vote (think its been Susan Blu since no.2) he should be good enough.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I think Andrea Romano was the caster for the earlier ones. ;)

As for Alec, in that dad song I was just waiting for his voice to crack because he was just so high for the character.  :lol:

I actually prefer Scott McAfee over Dekker probably because the transistion from the first one to the first sequel was pretty smooth and anyone that doesn't sound like Scott, to me, doesn't sound like Littlefoot.