The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Plots you'd like the filmmakers use.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
What plot would you like to see the filmmakers use and how would you like to see it executed?

Also, what do you think would be a good "Guest Character" for one of these plots? In other words, not a guest character they've actually used before, but one you've thought up.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I have seven plots in mind six of which I think could be used in movie (with the seventh one being a sequel to a story that contradicts LBT 10). More than one of the plots I'm thinking about contain gloomy elements, but certainly not coming as some kind of massacres or the like which I think don't have a place in the land before time.
As for characters I could imagine for example a scavenger to show up. This sure would cause quite some difficult topics to deal with. But we had herbivores, carnivores, eggeaters (omnivores), and I don't see why a scavenger should be kept out. Without scavengers ecological systems wouldn't work.
I could imagine scavengers to be sort of a fringe group, scorned but tolerated. On this basis I imagine them to be quite thick-skinned, withdrawn, and cynical. Still they are not necessarily villains.
Another character I could think of would be a feathered bird. With all its advantages (less vulnerable) it may be that Pterosaurs envy the bird. Conscious of his advantages such a bird might be vain, somewhat arrogant, and perhaps a little stupid.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I'm not sure of what type of plot I would like since I'm likely to post something on the lines of Bambi where not everyone lives and there are threats to main characters.  Probably not the ideal LBT plot by far. :P:

New characters....uhm, I don't know....they really lack a comical character in the sequels.  Maybe someone who just is kind of wacko (Dopey from Snow White or even Roger Rabbit) would add something the series hasn't had yet.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well said concerning comical characters Arvens, although I think you may be forgetting about Mo in LBT9.

I'd really like to see them bring back Hyp, Mutt, and Nod.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
How do you think they (Hyp, Nod, and Mutt) would come across in case of them showing up again? I would expect them to have learned their lessons from LBT 3 but by NO means abandon their whole show off attitute.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I actually didn't find Mo funny if that was what he was meant to be.  :unsure:  When I meant comical, I really meant a goof off, and by that something on the lines of two that came to mind, Dopey and Roger Rabbit.  Mo isn't either of those.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Okay, so Mo was a bad example, but he probably was meant to be comical.

A vegetarian raptor who's afraid of mice. If well delivered, how well do you se that blowing over?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
:lol: Actually I'm strictly opposing the idea of carnivores becoming herbivores (I'm glad they didn't permit Chomper to change that way) and I'm also not fond of the idea of making sharpteeth in general less frightening. But it sure DOES sound funny  :lol:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The question is how to make a character that fits. in the original lBT, petrie was the comic relief.
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I know, Malte, so am I. That was just something I pulled from nowhere.

Well, Nick, to make a character fit, you need the concept of the plot first, then you see what characters you need to make the plot work. All the LBT plots have been designed to have a guest character...thus far.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
They've never really designed anything for a really silly character.  I'd say the seven year olds that watch this regularly would like someone like that.  It would be something to look towards.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Another thing they could do is not have a particularly goofy character. Perhaps circumstancial or witty humor could be just as good, as long as its kept at the appropriate level.

Although a properly executed silly character would be just as good.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The complete opposite might be a cynical, embittered, and seemingly unapproachable character who may have become this through bad experiences with other dinosaurs.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
When a 20 year old ameteur writer named Malte thinks up far superior characters for a film series than any of the professional screenwriters and scriptwriters who actually do work on the series: You know its for that series' cretive staff to get a complete overhaul.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Actually, Malte that's not a bad idea though I can hardly see Littlefoot and co. being ruthless to another dinosaur.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I never ever said that THEY would be the dinosaurs this withdrawn character made bad experiences with. I can't imagine the gang (not even Cera) to treat somebody so harshly as to make this somebody embittered either.
I do have relatively concrete plans for such a story in mind, but I'm not sure whether or not I'm going to write it as there is on the one hand one flaw in realism (based on LBT 4 where it took a few hours to reach the land of mists from the Great Valley. Even though the story I'm bearing in mind doesn't even include the land of mists as a stage, it still requires the land of mists to be farer away), and on the other hand it would be a partly very sad story.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
An interesting idea.

trexmaster

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Not sure about new characters that they could realistically add...I recall starting (though never really finishing it) a LBT fanfic that included the hyenas from "The Lion King", but since the hyenas are Disney's intellectual property, I don't see them chasing the Gang anytime soon. I don't think anachronism would be a problem, though, since the LBT series is filled with lots of anachronisms anyway.  :lol

(BTW, my fanfic has been cancelled until further notice. And, speaking of TLK/LBT crossovers, here's a nice songfic
here's a nice songfic which is an LBT-themed adaption of "He Lives in You", song by Bron; I think they should have used that song instead of "Me & My Dad".)

As for a plot...not sure, but hopefully they won't have too many bad songs. A few songs are okay, however.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forum trexmaster. Please post in the Welcome section, and tell us a bit about yourself.
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: