The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

"Flyers...Beyond" Discussion thread

Jrd89 · 194 · 24972

Mama's Girl

• Spike
    • View Profile
Agreed, the drawings are wonderful! And of course as to getting to the others, completely understand as we have so many characters I give you kudos for figuring out what to do with all of them in the first place :)

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Hey guys, I just posted the start of a fanfic I'm trying to write, called After the Stone.  Any reviews would be appreciated, if people think it's good enough I wouldn't mind trying to continue it  :)

Here's the link: http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...9848.0#lastPost

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Okely dokely guys, I've found a way to make this story even more interesting. Pterano comes down with a serious illness and they have to find a cure before he...you know...dies.

When they realized they couldn't find the cure, they give up, knowing Pterano's a gonner. (but do not worry, Jared. Pterano will NOT die in this story. I wouldn't even dream of killing him off in your story.) But soon enough, they go find flowers to give to Pterano in his last hours, they find out that the cure had been the necter of the flower. So Pterano had to drink that in order to survive. He does end up surviving, he just takes a while to heal. :DD

How does that sound?
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
where the franny is everybody!
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Sounds like a good idea - it adds some element of danger.

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Eh, why not? It'll give my guys an opportunity to share some Mysterious Beyond knowledge.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
And Chomper can get a chance to be helpful and caring :)

I like your idea TFM!
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well I'm still here, just... not in the RP at the moment :p I assume Rinkus is with Jared, and Sierra you sent off someplace, so I guess I'll bring him back in later. Your idea sounds fine to me, though. :)

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Mama's Girl

• Spike
    • View Profile
and yeah sorry, I wasn't sure what to do with Petrie and Harper at the moment. Anyway as for the idea, fine by me too, though what are you trying to do give Petrie a complex! LOL. But no we can do that.

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Well, I finished them. I got all the characters drawn up, scanned and edited. So here is the last batch of characters:

Chomper, Petrie and Harper

Roger, Devon, Fury and Artie

Zin

Up next, the group photos!

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Nice, I liked how you made Chomper look just a little bit older now. That seems to fit. :DD
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Indeed, I like Chomper's older look, yet he still has that innocence and purity in his eyes. :DD I really like your style. It's almost like looking at sketches from the series itself before it hits the big screen. :yes Very nicely done. :)

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Cool. I'm planning on having him to have a coughing fit before fainting due to exhaustion at the beach. It's not long from now...as soon as someone replies to my bit...

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
I'm also planning to have Joe the spiketail (If you remember him from Lost in a Forest) come in and find out what's wrong with Pterano...if that's okay with Jared.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Waiting for Vonboy and Mama's Girl to respond to my bit...

Mama's Girl

• Spike
    • View Profile
Yup I'm getting to replying to threads right now, and since you got to drawing Petrie and Harper, Allicloud, I should comment on those. Aw, they're just so adorable I wanna hug 'em, which means you did excelent LOL :D

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Now waiting for Vonboy...

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Those who are posting in Pterano's rp, don't forget to post in this one as well. I don't want this awesome rp to become dorment and I'm pretty sure that Jared doesn't either so yeah, don't let this rp be ignored.

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: trulyfantasticme,Jul 6 2011 on  11:15 AM
Okely dokely guys, I've found a way to make this story even more interesting. Pterano comes down with a serious illness and they have to find a cure before he...you know...dies.

When they realized they couldn't find the cure, they give up, knowing Pterano's a gonner. (but do not worry, Jared. Pterano will NOT die in this story. I wouldn't even dream of killing him off in your story.) But soon enough, they go find flowers to give to Pterano in his last hours, they find out that the cure had been the necter of the flower. So Pterano had to drink that in order to survive. He does end up surviving, he just takes a while to heal. :DD

How does that sound?
**Nice plot idea, trulyfantasticme!**  :yes

Yes. Why would Pterano die in the story?!?!? That's something you just don't do!

(It kinda reminds me of "Journey Through the Mists" where Littlefoot and the gang had to find a special flower for grandpa longneck to eat to make him feel better)  ;)

Well then, we should get to work finding those flowers with the magic nectar that will heal Pterano...

I just alerted all the flyers inside and outside of the cave about Harper telling us that something's wrong with Pterano, and i'm waiting for Harper to tell me what happened. Then, me and the other flyers who are at the cave will follow her to Pterano! I'll be the first one flying behind Harper.

We've gotta save Pterano! Let the action begin!!  :yes

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Coolness! But don't forget, it'll be a while before they finally realize what the cure really is. And no body, I repeat, NO BODY in the story knows about the flyers except us, the creators.

And yes, I was inspired by "Journey through the Mists". You caught me red handed.  :lol