The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Interesting question . . .

Phantom · 11 · 1515

Phantom

• Spike
    • View Profile
Would you consider Portal to be a first-person shooter? I mean, it's most definitely first-person, and you do shoot, but then again, you're shooting portals, not bullets, and you aren't shooting at something, necessarily. I'd probably classify it as a puzzle game, but if I had to add a second category . . . I don't know. What do you think?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I would put it down as a puzzle game as well, you don't shoot yourself. Sure turrets can shoot lasers but that's it :p

Phantom

• Spike
    • View Profile
Turrets shoot bullets, the lasers are for tracking . . .  :lol

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I think I would call it a first person puzzle-platform game. In a shooter, you typically have opponents and a mission to complete while eliminating opponents.
Edit: Then again, maybe it could be considered a shooter since GlaDOS is an opponent that you have to beat, with the mission being to escape.

Phantom

• Spike
    • View Profile
Yeah. You do use your ASHPD to defeat her and the turrets, but it's a little less direct than something like, I dunno, a shotgun or whatever.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I derped a little :p What I meant to say what that there are turrets and lasers, but otherwise I wouldn't see it as a shooter game :p

Blais_13

• Spike
    • View Profile
According to the wiki it's a Puzzle-platform game.I think you need to shoot targets and
 eliminate  them that way in an fps.In portal you shoot portals to places and the portals take care of the enemy,not the shoot itself.

Phantom

• Spike
    • View Profile
Platforming? I suppose that isn't too much of a stretch . . .

Blais_13

• Spike
    • View Profile
I dunno,I have never played with that game though I  saw videos.I just looked it up in the wiki becose I wanted to look smart :p

Phantom

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Blais_13,Jun 20 2013 on  03:43 PM
I dunno,I have never played with that game though I  saw videos.I just looked it up in the wiki becose I wanted to look smart :p
 :lol

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile