The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask an interesting LBT question

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
It's basically like the "Ask a stupid LBT question, get a stupid LBT answer" topic, except you ask and interesting question that actually makes sense. The answer can require something that other person actually knows or just can be simply an observation.

Here's my question:
I find it funny how Cera in the first movie says that "Once I'll be with my sisters, I won't be alone!" yet in all of the sequels, we never see her sisters. Why is this?

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think she did not(and could not) know at the time that they had(in my opinion) perished in the earthshake.

Aside from being protective and a fighter, could anyone figure out why Mr. Threehorn feels a need to be as stern as he is?

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I think because he was brought up that way.

How did Mr. Thicknose know that crushing treestars would result in a glue?

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I suppose he did that by accident when he was a kid, he swished some tree stars and they stuck like glue.

Why does Ruby seem to have a more of a knowledge about the world and how it works when even some of the adults in the Great Valley aren't as knowledgable as her?

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
cuz her adults seem kinda old so they must know kinda much,

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Maybe she is just more knowledgeable because she has come around more than the GOF does (most of the time they are living in the Great Valley). Life in the Great Valley is sheltered (and usually safe), but when striving for knowledge the life of a migrator may be the better choice.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
(I figured you would join in this disscussion Malte. :) )

Every LBT fan knows that Petrie is the nervous one of the group right? Where do you think his nervousness came from?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Extreme self-consciousness promoted by his being the only one unable to fly in his family. There may have been times where he might have wanted to switch species (but that's speculative).

Perhaps some of the questions that come up here could be turned into more elaborate threads in the LBT sections  :yes

When they were making him the taster of the unknown plants on the island in LBT 5, did Ducky and the others knowingly risk Spike's health or even his life (in case of poisonous plants)?

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
(You know Malte, I was wondering if this discussion should be in the Brain teaser section or something.)

I don't think the kids really knew they were risking Spike's health. :p They figured since Spike can eat practically anything and everything that he would be more then eager to eat the plants. They are isolated from the rest of the world and they are naive kids still. :p

I find it odd that in the sequels there's a rocky blockade seperating the Great Valley from the mysterious beyond, yet in that Hidden Cave episodes, there was the trees that blocked the carnivores from coming into the Great Valley. Why would the creators suddenly change their idea about this?

rosie

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Maybe they didn't know about that land bridge.
Why is it that Chomper's parents couldn't tell which little dino was theirs?They went bothering littlefoot and his friends and still couldn't sniff their baby? Only intil he responsed to their roaring and they realized he was theirs.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It could be the last time they smelled him he was in his egg so his smell may have not gotten through the eggshell or it was different since the egg itself may have been masking his smell.    As for how they recognized his voice that could either be an easy quick way to end the plot since they had written themselves in a corner, or maybe he had made some sounds while in his egg and they recognized his voice, though the second one is a real stretch.  Or they may have just assumed this was their child since he was a hatchling and they may have known their egg would hatch soon and they smelled no other sharpteeth around who could be his parents so may have deduced this must be their child who had already hatched from his stolen egg.  

One odd thing I noticed while I was watching lbt 10 was the gang do the adventuring song about wanting to go with Littlefoot then his grandfather appears and the 2 of then go off as if the song had never been sung and the gang had no interest in going with them.  Why did this happen?  Why didn't Littlefoot ask his grandfather if his friends could go, or why didn't they as him?  Or is it a plot oversight that the team working on it never noticed.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think they just wanted to center the focus on the longnecks and a tradition that is strictly longneck-related.  The Gang becomes curious, with Cera as the initiator, and they follow Littlefoot.  

Why is it that in "The Amazing Threehorn Girl" the adults seemed to take Cera's slip-up as seriously as Pterano's error(Cera's was merely a childish error)?  They did not banish her but might as well have.  Is it just me, or are the adults really that dense :huh:?

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Probobly because she was a child and they can't seem to want to banish a child.

How come the eggs and babies of so many species (longnecks and sharpteeth for example) are so incredibly tiny compared to the adult?

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I guess all eggs are roughly the same size. The velociraptor eggs from "The Great-Egg Adventure" looked to be the same size as the gang's eggs from the first movie, despite the varying eventual sizes of the adult.

On the cover of the VHS case for LBT 4, Icky is holding a pair of binoculars. Where did he get those?

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
He swiped them from an unsuspecting tourist 'cuz he learned not to pick up living things :lol!  Nah, I really don't know a serious answer to that one aside from catching a consumer's attention.

How is it that Littlefoot and Cera are practically siblings when they seemed to hate each other in the original?

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This might have to do with them having that love/hate friendship in the first movie, but as they began to mature a bit more and know each other a bit more, they became VERY, VERY close. Just not in this way: :wub

Why do we never see Petrie hatch in the first movie yet we see the rest of the gang hatch?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Probably because the producers felt that another hatching scene might be a repetition that would bore the audience.

Why is it that the dying off of leaves that triggers the Great Migration in the original movie seems to be limited on on (vast) region east of the Great Valley?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It could be that whatever the cause, maybe a mix of a drought and maybe the leaf gobblers only effected that area, with the other areas not touched by the drought, or leave gobblers if one wants to add in multiple reasons.  

Doesn't it seem odd that they are ready to sing the praises of Cera in that episode, even before her dad made her out to be something great, yet no they've never sang the praises of the amazing longneck boy?  The one who acts and gets things done while we grown ups just stand around and argue?

Dinonut

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/ryan_dinomite/
Why wasn't Petrie's father included in the first movie?

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
A thought that crosses my mind is his mother was most likely widowed before Petrie and his siblings hatched :(.  As rough as the environment seemed to be, along with deadly predators lurking about, who knows what happened to him?  If Mama Flyer had met another male, or if Petrie's father were still alive, we would have seen either of them in background shots(like Ducky's father has been shown).  

Why is it that it is okay for everyone else to have a dark side to their nature but horrible for Ducky to display hers?  She even sings in LBT VII about the subject, and it's in everyone's nature.  How is she any different :huh:?