The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Don't ask JitteryDragon anything.

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Okay, so I have no idea how this works... so surprise me!
Go on, you know you want to... ask away.

My specialties are computers, creative writing, history, Warhammer 40k (Painting, modeling and game tactics), paleontology (Yes, I studied dinosaurs and stuff... go figure), cartoons and drawing... and some other stuff   :DD

Or, you know... you could just ask about me... or something.

Go on, go crazy... uh... just not too crazy.

I'm always a little busy... so I might not be quick to reply.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
You are interested in history? Is there a period of time or region of the world you are interested in in particular?

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Oct 12 2009 on  07:07 AM
You are interested in history? Is there a period of time or region of the world you are interested in in particular?
I took a course on Modern World History back in college. My personal favorite time is the early 1900's... A time when man was changing at an amazing rate. I have a huge interest in both World War I and II and the technology that was being developed and deployed at the time.

As for a region, well... Europe has a heck of a history going for it during that time.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
How did you get the idea for your series on youtube?

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
How did you get the effect of Pterano playing an electric guitar?

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Is there any movies or pop culture references you haven't yet used in a video that you want to? (I've always All Your Base Are Belong To Us would fit somewhere).

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Oct 12 2009 on  08:15 AM
How did you get the idea for your series on youtube?
I walked into a videostore one day... and saw the entire LBT collection on a shelf. I thought to myself, 'Hey, I haven't seen those since I was a kid... and now they're up to 13?'

And then I watched them all in one sitting... hoo boy.

So anywho, I kinda enjoy YTP and parody videos... and I thought I would try my hand at making one... since I had video editing software lying around that I never use.

I draw inspiration from a lot of video sources, memes and general humour... most of my stuff is just made up from the top of my head.

How did you get the effect of Pterano playing an electric guitar?

I took an image of Pterano in a position most suited for him playing a guitar. Then I edited it so he was holding a guitar in his hand... I saved several images, each with him holding the neck at a different spot.

I cut off his head and other hand and put those directly into my video editing (Premiere) software so I could move them in each frame... so that it looked like he was playing the strings and bobbing his head.

How did you find the GOF?

Fans were talking to me about it, so I went and had a look... turns out it's a pretty nice little place, so I thought "oh, what the heck" and joined.

Is there any movies or pop culture references you haven't yet used in a video that you want to? (I've always All Your Base Are Belong To Us would fit somewhere).

I've done every reference I have wanted to do at the moment. Most of them are based on my current interests and general weirdness. For example, I stuck the WotWots (an obscure aussie childrens show) in my latest right at the end, and no-one will ever know  :smile ... Anywho, when Left 4 Dead 2 comes out, I'm going nuts with that...

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Hoo boy, I completely forgot about this topic ages ago, since it went very, very quiet.

Any who, to actually answer your original question several months late: I'm nearly done, as in... I could put it up in a few days from now once I have access to my main computer again.

And something like that...

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You have a pretty wild looking avatar! o.O Where is that creature from?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
what sort of books do you like to read?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
And also, have you been making any new vids recently?

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Are you still in the process of painting and playing your Imperial Guard Warhammer 40K army? If so, what models do you have and what type of army are you most interested in fielding?

What do you think of the new IG codex?

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Here's one.

Why are you so popular, and how can I be as cool as you? :D  :lol:  :D  :lol:  :D  :lol:

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
What are you up to at the moment?

It's like you have dropped off the face of the earth  :confused

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I slipped on a banana peel, and was thrown off the planet for a while. Luckily, gravity kept hold of me, and I was held in orbit for a few weeks. After my supply of chocolate ran out, I was forced to make re-entry to Earth.

The entry was quite hot, but that's a given. Having fallen for several minutes, I landed on top of a bouncy castle, which made several children cry. I then stole a truck, and drove home, which was made somewhat difficult by the fact I was in Germany.

So any who, I'm back home now. I really should post more often and stuff... I know.

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I love both, but as a wannabe writer I prefer books for the ability to be more insightful, intelligent, and allow for ones own imagination to take hold.

Movies are good to sit back and let someone elses creativity be crammed into you. That's not a bad thing, it's just easier to pause a book and take a moment to think.

Also, book to movie adaptions are silly 90% of the time.