The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Great Plague RP Discussion thread

Ducky123 · 192 · 18708

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds like that could work & get the rp started up again.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I guess the real problem here is that, aside from us three, the players aren't around much lately... I just hope they'll post eventually. Don't wanna push them, work's more important than a RP.

Anyways, some Redclaw action might indeed help to revive this :)

EDIT: It'd be cool if we make it to have at least a post every second or third day smile.gif This continous slow pace in the RP kills the flow of the story and possible plot ideas are forgotten very easily. There may be more fill-in's in the future to prevent that...
Inactive, probably forever.

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Ducky, you have my permission to bug me as much as you want. Busy or not, sometimes I need a reminder to MAKE time. Anyway, I'll get a post set up.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
EDIT: It'd be cool if we make it to have at least a post every second or third day smile.gif This continous slow pace in the RP kills the flow of the story and possible plot ideas are forgotten very easily. There may be more fill-in's in the future to prevent that...
Well, since it doesn't seem to work without me PMing everybody (I haven't PMed anybody, mind you), I consider it necessary to adapt the rule I recently employed in the RP "Sudden change of species". It'll basically allow anybody to fill in for any character whose turn it is (who has not posted for some days). I don't like this but the RP is too silent. Neither does it make much fun if you keep have to wait so long, nor to have such a slow progress (I mean, seriously, would you want to play a sharptooth attack that can be written in about 2 pages on here in 4 months?).
Maybe, if you are too busied to keep in touch (I know this might apply to at least two players), you may consider very carefully if you would like to stay in at all. I mean, what's the point in RPing if you're on here only once a month (I'm exaggerating a bit)? Some people may consider this "joining a RP and vanishing" attitude (I'm exaggerating again) rude. I don't think like that but I have heard from some people in other RP's that they do so.
I'm really sorry for this constant pushing, but leading a Rp isn't waiting for the people to reply for weeks in my book :p I'll wait a week or so, giving you time to reply. Then I will decide what to do next :unsure:

~Ducky123~

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
Yeah, about that...

Although I did not explicitly state earlier on, I was pretty much in agreement with your rule on the "Sudden Change of Species" RP, and frankly, I think the same rule should to this one as well, slow-moving as it is. Of course, I do suppose it must be my fault to not post lately.

While I was still contribute to the "Sudden Change of Species" RP as much as possible when necessary, someone else will have to take over my characters on this RP until I find that my creative mind for RPs are fully functional again, as schoolwork (not to mention other events) have been pushing me away from ideas. I will come back to this RP again as soon as I feel ready (which of course will be anytime, as you said), to make it short. My apologies for any inconveniences.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm happy that you just spoke up :)

If creativity is your problem, it's probably the best decision to take a break. You can always message me if you don't know what to post... Just not posting isn't helping, I think...

Anyway, apology accepted :) Who wants to fill in for Petrie and Redclaw + Screech until Anonymous will be back?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I can do Petrie easily.  If you need someoen to do the others I can, I'd have to read over the past posts to get the feel for how Anonymous was doing the characters.   I do hope Anonymous can return to regular posting soon.   I can understand not having ideas what to post.  Happens to most if not everyone, at least now and then.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Of the many people I PMed some weeks ago, only two replied. I wonder if it makes any sense to continue this RP, especially since some players are pretty much gone. I'm playing with the thought of making this a fanfiction instead... Though that would have to wait until I have my other stories finished... or at least one of them.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You can do that.  The other ideas is continue this as is.  Or start this as a new rp, not from scratch but from where the original one got to, summarizing the events that went on in the first one and start the new one from there.

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
I wholeheartedly agree with Kor. You can do any of the options suggested, although personally I would love to see it turn into a fanfic.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'd like to see this continued but I reckon we would have to change some character taking (temporarily at least) since some people haven't been active a lot lately... We should at least decide upon who's going to fill in for the time these members aren't active. Otherwise we won't be able to get the RP rolling again  :exactly

Narrator: Ducky123
Littlefoot: LoyfeCycleProtector
Cera: Kor
Petrie: The Anonymous Person
Ducky: Ducky123
Spike: Dosu2Dinner
Chomper:Sleeping-force's-inside
Ruby: StrutEggStealer
Ali: StrutEggStealer
Old One: Dosu2Dinner
Grandma: somerandomfangirl
Grandpa: somerandomfangirl
Topsy: Mr Wonk
Tria: Ducky123
Mama Swimmer: Kor
Mama Flyer: Kor
Redclaw: The Anonymous Person
Screech: The Anonymous Person
Thud: LoyfeCycleProtector
I suppose we will have to choose people filling in for LoyfeCycleProtector, Dosu2Dinner, Sleeping-force's-inside, somerandomfangirl and Mr Wonk. I wouldn't mind new people joining either :)