The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Great Plague

Ducky123 · 333 · 49058

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Sure Chomper!" Ruby replied. "Lead the way!"
Being deep in thoughts Ruby followed Chomper.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tria woke up. She heard Cera coming. She tried to come to her feet but failed, she made it on the second attempt though. Somehow she felt so strange... tired, dizzy, weak... She wished Cera wouldn't have to say much, which is luckily quite usual...
Inactive, probably forever.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Cera walked back to her family's nest area.  She was a bit hungry from the playing she had been doing earlier.  She had not noticed that Tria had trouble standing up, since she was thinking of other things as she walked along.  She looked to see who else was at the nest area as she grew closer.

Mr Wonk

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Mr Threehorn felt weak and depressed. It was very unlike him to be weak and depressed. He grumbled and tired to stand on his four legs but failed, again and again. He didn't even notice his two daughters coming towards him.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ruby squinted ahead. "Chomper, is this buzzer nest close? Can we see it where we can see it?" She continued to walk, and though she tried to bring the topic of thought back around to their original purpose, she couldn't help feeling a little broody herself.
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Chomped nodded. "It's not too far. It's a skipping stone's throw away from Cera's nest."
He rubbed his hands together, licking his lips. "The buzzers there are big and fuzzy and de-licious! We just have to be quiet so we don't disturb Cera's folks: Mr. Threehorn gets grumpy whenever I eat in front of him, and Tria gets kinda grossed out."
He scratched the back of his head. "Funny how Cera's gotten used to seeing me eat and they haven't. I mean, flat teeth accidentally eat buzzers all the time while they eat leaves-- you'd think they'd be less grossed out seeing someone else do it on purpose."

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ruby smiled, glad to change the subject. "Well, maybe they don't know they're eating them because they don't know they're eating them. And that must scare them to know these things."
She looked ahead. "Anyways, I think that is a good idea, Chomper. But, I wonder..." she paused.

(My tongue just exploded :blink:)
J. R. R. Tolkein

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Cera walked over closer to her father, noticing his attempt to get up.  "Is something wrong daddy?" She asked with concern in her voice, wondering if anything was wrong with him or not.

Mr Wonk

• Petrie
    • View Profile
"I'M FINE!" He shouted. "Just leave me alone." Mr Threehorn was clearly embarrassed that he felt weak but he didn't notice the way he spoke to Cera and if she might take offense. He tried to get up one more time before he collapse again.

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Chomper and Ruby were in sight of the hive of stinging buzzers when they heard Mr. Threehorn shout. A spike of panic ran though him, and he instinctually ran behind Ruby for protection.
"Th-that was Cera's dad!" Chomper whispered harshly. "He doesn't s-sound like he's in a good mood..."
There was a thud immediately following in the direction where Mr. Threehorn's voice came from, and Chomoer jumped. He couldn't really help it-- Mr. Threehorn kind of terrified him whenever he lost his temper.
"Ruby?..." Chomper asked, looking in the direction of Mr. Threehorn's voice.

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ruby was a little frightened as well. Thuds and shouts coming from Threehorn's nest? Never a good sign. She bit the edge of her beak, spreading her arms back to shield Chomper. "It is okay, Chomper because he didn't see us and that is okay," she tried to keep her voice from quivering as much.

And then a thought struck her. If all the adults they so far encountered in the Valley were acting so strangely, what about Mr. Threehorn? The idea of checking on the big dinosaur to test her theory made her knees shake, but instead, she crept closer, encouraging Chomper after her. "What if he's like everyone else? And like everyone else, he's acting different?" She whispered as they approached the nest.

(Into the lion's den....)
J. R. R. Tolkein

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Ok, daddy." Cera said a bit afraid if she had said anything wrong.  She felt a bit mixed.  She was afraid of him, a bit mad also that he had shown anger at a simple question.  She wasn't sure what to do so decided it may be best to leave considering his present mood.  Cera left as quickly as she could, thinking she would find food elsewhere.  Easy to do with green food all over the place.

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Chomper shakily crept up to the bush hiding Cera’s nest from view, and wound his wrist around one of the stems of the leaves. He pulled it back gentley, trying ever so hard not to rustle the bushes, and opened a space just wide enough for him and Ruby to get a look into the nest. He saw Mr. Threehorn shakily getting to his feet and Cera walking away, looking troubled.
Mr. Threehorn was actually panting, as if the mere effort of getting up was causing him physical pain. It was true: whatever Mr. Thicknose had, Mr. Threehorn had it too. Even Tria, lying on her side near a drooping tree, seemed haggard and lethargic.
“Ruby… have you ever seen this before?” Chomper asked, looking up fearfully. In his mind, he wondered about the other's parents. Were Mama flier and Mama Swimmer affected by whatever it was that got to Mr. Threehorn and Mr. Thicknose? Were Grandma and Grandpa longneck alright? He had so many questions right now.

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ruby bit the edge of her beak again. This was worse than she thought. She looked down at Chomper's worried features. The last thing she wanted to do was cause him alarm, but if this situation was more serious than they had originally thought, alarm would be the least of their worries.
She managed a brave smile and mouthed, Let's leave. She backed away from the nest. She caught Cera out of the corner of her eye and nodded towards the yellow threehorn.
"Cera!" She called softly, not wishing to disturb Threehorn. She motioned for Chomper to follow.
J. R. R. Tolkein

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Littlefoot, Petrie, Ducky and Spike met at the location where they played earlier that day while Cera, Ruby and Chomper met close by the Threehorns' nest. Both groups were talking about the experiences they just made. And all of them were worried about what they experienced...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"What's up with them?  Not enough sleep or something?" Cera asked as she looked around at the others.

brittanytangle13

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • http://unfortantly i don't have one (i might try!)
just then someting or someone poke her head out a little,and at she sight. but then was confused on whats going on. "this must be the great vally she wispers to herself"

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ruby shrugged at Cera's question. "Don't ask us because we don't know," she paused. "Do you know how your dad and Tria began to act this way by noticing them?"
J. R. R. Tolkein

brittanytangle13

• Ruby
    • View Profile
she though to herself "i think i might help she wisperd to her self as she slowly walk trowds them with no harm"

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
@brittanytangle13: No offence meant, but you can't just pop in into a Role Play Game... RPG's have rules and one basic rule is that every player plays a certain character or more than one, but (s)he has to ask the leader(that would be me in this RPG) first for permission... I guess you never played a RPG so it's not bad... at the moment all characters are already taken by members here so I must tell you you can't participate in it atm...
If a character becomes free due to someone leaving the RP you may participate then... but ASK me before posting in here.. I hope that's clear enough and again no offence meant  :exactly

brittanytangle13

• Ruby
    • View Profile
i ask you already ducky123. so sorry ii did that