The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Adding a new member to the gang of five

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
We've talked about Ali and maybe someone else joining the gang and turning it to a gang of six or more (looks like Guido is going to take this way, or else he'll end up like Hyp and the rest). How do you feel about it?
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
My would be yeno. Yes, I would like for characters such as Ali, Hyp, Nod, Mutt, Pterano, Chomper... you name them, to make reappearances. But no, I wouldn't want to have them join the club of the five unless the character really convinced me that he or she contributes something very unique none of the others provides. Something that will open up completely new plots. I wouldn't be satisfied with a character being "nice" to let him join the club. I won't say "never" but at least I don't think it is likely that a character will appear who really fulfills all the qualification. There is a certain danger in new characters ousting old ones. There have already been complaints about Ducky, Petrie, and Spike being sometimes overshadowed by Littlefoot. They might be even more overshadowed if they had to share time with yet another character.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
For me, nah. I'd love to see all the previous appearances made by LBT characters make a showing again but I don't think they should be added to the original gang of five. Ali, Chomper, Mr Thicknose, Hyp etc. they're great characters all with their own unique qwerks and the like but I would not consider them as additional members of the GOF. I'm not saying that they're not the right material coz some of them could very easily be members of the gang but...to me, it's always gonna be Littlefoot, Cera, Petrie, Ducky and Spike coz they're the ones that started it all.  :^.^:

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I kind og agree with yu guys, Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky, Petrie and Spike will always be the GOF, the one's that made LBT possible =p However, I'd open up an exeption to Ali... Do you think will see a lot of old charcters such as Chomper, Dinah, Dana, etcin the TV series?
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Honestly, I'm not with the ones who agreed adding new members to the gang. That's the way it should be, with the original chars.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I would vote for Chomper, he can communicate with Sharpteeth, which since the Gang of Five always encounters Sharpteeth, Chomper's linguistic skills could save the Gang from having to run and hide so much. For example, in LBXIV, had Chomper been with the Gang, he could have either distracted the Feathered Sharpteeth or convinced them to move along (granted they comply, the Allosaurus in LBTV did not comply).

In my opinion, the end of LBTXIV basically indicates its going to be The Gang of Seven, with Chomper and Ruby joining the pack. My concern about this is that with so many characters the amount of time spend on each individual character will be less, and it is the original Gang of Five that has been through every adventure together since the Original Film; it is them that we have connection and catharsis with. Chomper in contrast to Ruby, has more history with the Gang, he being in LBII and V, and the series makes him more of regular than Ruby.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
TBH, i cannot see kicking Chomper and Ruby out of the Gang being a good idea. They are interesting characters and bring very good dynamics to the Gang and any decision to drop them out doesn't have my support.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sovereign,Apr 17 2017 on  02:06 PM
TBH, i cannot see kicking Chomper and Ruby out of the Gang being a good idea. They are interesting characters and bring very good dynamics to the Gang and any decision to drop them out doesn't have my support.
I think "LBT XIV: Journey of Brave" seals the fact that all further adventures will feature Chomper and Ruby with the rest of the Gang. This is symbolized by how the Gang of Five pauses with Chomper and Ruby standing in their new places in the pack; and narrator saying Little Foot foujd more than his dad, he found friends, I don't think this refers to the original Gang, but the new members Chomper and Ruby. Going forward will include Chomper and Ruby.  :angel

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
I really wanna see movie where Chomper and Ruby have MAJOR role. In Journey of the Brave, they were outsiders, and I wonder why. Oo
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Quote from: Snik,Apr 17 2017 on  05:54 PM
I really wanna see movie where Chomper and Ruby have MAJOR role. In Journey of the Brave, they were outsiders, and I wonder why. Oo
I too would like to see Chomper get the spotlight, and get aqauinted with Ruby, I only know here from "Journey of Brave" and couple of episodes of the Series.

I was surprised at how Chomper and Ruby were afterthoughts in "Journey of the Brave." I thought perhaps Chomper was going to help the adults navigate the Valley of Feathered Sharpteeth, and even distract them by talking in Sharpteeth language. I actually expected Gandpa Longneck and Mr. Threehorn to help Bron get free of his trap, instead the Gang of Five are able to do it with Etta? Seemed to defeat the whole purpose of Gandpa and Topsy. They could have been instrumental to get Bron free of rock, and Chomper and Ruby would have been the guides who could distract the Sharpteeth.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I would still be open to Ali joining the gang, actually. She may be little more than a love interest for Littlefoot but she could turn into an additional character who, say, is the one to calm tempers when Littlefoot and Cera get into fights. Her kind character harmonizes well with the rest of the Gang, obviously. And of course I'm just saying this because I really like Ali as a character :p

As for Chomper and Ruby, I consider them regular members. Journey of the Brave was poorly done in that regard that it didn't quite tell us whether they belong to the Gang or not. Both is indicated...
Inactive, probably forever.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Isn't this thread kinda moot now that we have the TV series?