The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Horned Sharptooth

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
The Horned Sharptooth or Carnotaurus in The Land Before Time XIV: Journey of the Brave has striking similarities to the Sharpooth in 1988 Land Before Time. I shall use pictures to show the similarities.

They both Jump

They both have a cave element of their chase

Couldn't find a pic of Cave scene to share: Here is the Linkhttp://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/landbe...=20161004210042

They both appear right after the foot print

There is no picture yet of the Horned Sharptooth's footprints and Cera mentioning them, then the Carnotaurus appears. If you watch the film again you'll see them.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Yes, Horned sharptooth made one big jump (and so surprised me). But that's ll what I can tell about him.
He has no threat for gang at all.
Just how long he tried to get them from minicave? XD Original Sharptooth would smash walls with one-to hits! And gang would turn into snacks.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I saw the one In the first movie since it was very awesome and way more scary

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Quote from: Snik,Apr 20 2017 on  03:00 AM
Yes, Horned sharptooth made one big jump (and so surprised me). But that's ll what I can tell about him.
He has no threat for gang at all.
Just how long he tried to get them from minicave? XD Original Sharptooth would smash walls with one-to hits! And gang would turn into snacks.
No Sharptooth will ever be able to suprass the original. I was more of saying that Horned Sharptooth has similarities and behaved in a more malevolent and menancing way than previous Sharpteeth in LBII to LBXIII.  :smile

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Quote from: ADFan185,Apr 20 2017 on  11:08 AM
I saw the one In the first movie since it was very awesome and way more scary
and point is?...
I would be surprised if you did NOT see sharptooth from original movie...
6/14
0/26

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I know I am thusfar in minority, but there is just something about this Horned Sharptooth that surprised me and reminded me the Original Sharptooth with some Disney's Dinosaur Carnotaurus.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Don't get me wrong the horned Sharptooth was a eh to okay character in the movie

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Quote from: ADFan185,Apr 20 2017 on  10:45 AM
Don't get me wrong the horned Sharptooth was a eh to okay character in the movie
I was disappointed that the Horned Sharptooth didn't fight Grandpa Longneck and Topsy, he got near them, but then a convenient herd of Gallimimus appeared to lead him away (plot device).  :wow

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I know I would of loved to see that that would of been a awesome fight sense in the movie

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Quote from: ADFan185,Apr 20 2017 on  06:06 PM
I know I would of loved to see that that would of been a awesome fight sense in the movie
it would be first time since Saurus Rock that Grandpa Longneck fought a Sharptooth, and the first time since LBT II that Grandpa Longneck and Topsy fought a Sharptooth together. Correct me if I am wrong.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
No the parents did fight a few T-Rexes in a few movies you're right about that

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Quote from: Gentle Sharptooth,Apr 21 2017 on  02:18 AM
it would be first time since Saurus Rock that Grandpa Longneck fought a Sharptooth, and the first time since LBT II that Grandpa Longneck and Topsy fought a Sharptooth together.
ahem
LBT10, "Hidden Canyon" (and partly, LBT12)
6/14
0/26

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ah yeah you're right they did fight together in those senses

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Quote from: Snik,Apr 21 2017 on  03:09 AM
Quote from: Gentle Sharptooth,Apr 21 2017 on  02:18 AM
it would be first time since Saurus Rock that Grandpa Longneck fought a Sharptooth, and the first time since LBT II that Grandpa Longneck and Topsy fought a Sharptooth together.
ahem
LBT10, "Hidden Canyon" (and partly, LBT12)
Thanks for the corrections Snik.  :smile

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Shouldn't this be in the character discussion section?

But anyways, I feel like the Horned Sharptooth should've had more screen time than it did. I think it should have appeared one more time because it's quite an intimidating predator.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Quote from: Hypnobrai,Apr 27 2017 on  06:48 PM
Shouldn't this be in the character discussion section?

But anyways, I feel like the Horned Sharptooth should've had more screen time than it did. I think it should have appeared one more time because it's quite an intimidating predator.
I think they rushed a whole part of film. I think when Horned Sharptooth is hunting, Grand Pa Longneck, Mr. Threehorn, Ruby, and Chomper are hiding, that there was going to be showdown, but because they wanted to wrap up Journey of the Brave, they had a convenient herd of Gallimimus. I was hoping there would be climax of Grand Pa Longneck and Mr. Threehorn helping rescue Bron by lifting the heavy rock, and after the peril of lava was overcome, the Horned Sharptooth reappears, and maybe even twin Feather Sharpteeth so that it would take Bron (injured), Grand Pa Longneck, and Topsy to fight them, while The Gang of Seven uses the terrain like in Big Freeze to help fight.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Yeah, that sounds about right. It would be a much better climax to the film than the one from the movie.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah I wished they didn't rush that part but it was still a decent sense tho

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Quote from: ADFan185,Apr 28 2017 on  11:45 AM
What I don't understand is how Journey of Brave was rushed. It wasn't like they were going to do a Season 2 of series and need a movie pairing. I have heard that it had something to do with Jurassic World, and we might get a LBT15 around when Jurassic World II comes out.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Gentle Sharptooth on Apr 28 2017, 04:20:12 PM
Quote from: ADFan185,Apr 28 2017 on  11:45 AM
What I don't understand is how Journey of Brave was rushed. It wasn't like they were going to do a Season 2 of series and need a movie pairing. I have heard that it had something to do with Jurassic World, and we might get a LBT15 around when Jurassic World II comes out.
I assume it's that and also because of a limited budget.