The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Why is your fave character your fave character?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I have great love of character dynamics.  Unfortunately LBT doesn't have much of that.  But of all the characters, Cera and her father are the most dynamic.  But I can't deny that Littlefoot has always been very special to me.  I like Ducky's mannerisms and I think Petrie is really funny.  But when I look at things subjectively, I really can't choose a favorite character because they're all very special to me.  The only characters I hate are pretty much all the antagonists, but I thought Dill and Icky's relationship was pretty clever.

Although I do love dynamic characters, I must say I disliked Pterano.  I deliberately avoid LBT 7 because of him.  The idea was good but the implementation left much to be desired.   I really can't explain my irrational dislike of the character, but my feelings stand.  He's my second most hated character (first would be the original sharptooth for killing Littlefoot's mother).  My feelings would probably changed if they made another movie with him but for now they stay.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
And where can I read this story of yours?
Like I said I never finished it and more likely than not I never will. Even though the missing part is more or less the "final act" with most of it being written already I became kind of uncomfortable about some of the stuff I had written. My major interest is to write stories that are not clashing with the movies (which this story definitely does, but that's mainly because movies were released after I started writing (back in 2002) that colided with my story, especially through the introduction of the character's Bron (Littlefoot's father is dead in my story), and Tria (Cera's mother is alive in that story). However, with Pterano I added a lot of detail to what had happened on the journey to the Great Valley (not changing what we saw in LBT 7 but supplementing it, e.g. by pointing out that the place where the ambush took place seemed like a very lush place when most of what the world in the original movie had to offer were wastelands) and also included scenes in which Pterano does show some genuine concern about the kids, some real courage (actually risking something), and the ability to recognize own faults and withstand temptations.
Like I said, it is unfinished, but if you are interested in reading it I can sent you what is written so far (I think its some 240 pages though) if you sent me your email address. The story is titled "Old Threehorns".

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Hey, we all got different opinions. Personally, I don't really care if you don't like Pterano. I do.

I stopped caring if people not liking what I'm liking. And actually, I'm kinda glad I did, because then my feelings woulda gotten hurt.    :smile  :lol

The only thing matters around here is that we're all LBT fans here.  :smile
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

theamazingthreehorngirl

• Ruby
    • View Profile
my favourite is ... cera cuz well i kinda act like her all the time so i guess i like her cuz i can see myself in her :smile
shes bossy, kinda mean and she can be dead annoying but she's also got a kind and caring side (not that she shows it often :lol: ) and shes v. loyal

BigMouth

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://huntingthepast.blogspot.com/
My favorite character has always been littlefoot because I see a lot of his character in myself.  Because of this his character will always have a special place in my heart.  

Ducky is a close second for me just because she is adorable and there is no way I couldn't love her character.

Im little green glyder :J

• Chomper
    • View Profile
My favourite is Guido, because it is different from other flyers.Just like me stand out from the nature of humans is identical to what I am so sympathetic in his.
 :DD

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Im little green glyder, May 19th on  12:41 AM
Tak jak ja wyrÛøniam sie od ludzi jest identycznym charakterem co ja dlatego wczuwam sie w jego.
"Just as I view myself as different from other people; in this regard we are the same character and that's why I identify with him."

This is how your sentence translates to English. Most people don't understand Polish here, so you should always include a translation, no matter how bad it sounds. People will always help you with grammar, and they will help you with many other things too. Admittedly, I set a bad example by not providing a translation with my own Polish text back at the "Ask Me" subforum. I will correct that.

Now on to the topic. I'm amused I didn't reply earlier to this one. My favorite would be Ducky. I like how she looks, so cute and beautiful. Her species is one of the visually more appealing species of dinosaur, and a child version of that species is just adorable. And her character. She's an incorrible optimist, she tries to stay happy even when the circumstances are bleak, like when she says "My tummy is talking!" and laughs and jumps from foot to foot, possibly even unaware of the dire situation she is in. But this nonetheless lifts Littlefoot's spirit and makes him laugh too. And made me smile as well. But even when the situation does sit in fully with her (after the oasis scene) and she understands the danger Sharptooth represents (explaining it to Spike), she still doesn't despair and does the bravest thing (carries out the heaviest duty) imaginable- she lures the Sharptooth to the trap. And the way she reacted to Petrie's seeming death can be described as sadness in its crystall purity- really the saddest moment in the movie for me.
The other characters either don't seem to be capable of such deep empathy or can't show it as well- we didn't see Littlefoot's reaction seconds after his mother's death (we only hear "Mother! Mother!"), so I can't really tell.  

Im little green glyder :J

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Oh my god! My brother had turned translator when writing  in Polish.
 :oops  :smile

Charlie!!!!!! :anger

Bruton the Iguanodon

I have a lot. One of the most classic ones for me though would be Ali, since she brings back great memories of watching 4 as a kid.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
I also forgot to mention that I like how Pterano turns blue during a full moon. It's so cool! It's like that werewolf theory! XD
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

Bruton the Iguanodon

Well, Sierra turns an awesome blue too but nobody cares bout that.  :anger

Oh, and you know who else turns blue during the full moon, and when he goes underwater? Mo, my absolute favorite LBT character!  :smile

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
So, why is my face character my face character?

I seriously don't know! Honest! Usually, I don't like Ducky's kind of personality. Yet I like her a lot. It's one of those times you like a character and you don't know why.

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I think my main reasons for being so partial to Littlefoot are the fact that I see a lot of myself in him and the fact that he just has a certain charm to him. I also think he's cute, especially when he first hatches. Additionally, I tend to automatically like main protagonists for some reason.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 09:44:35 AM by Littlefoot505 »

RubberDucky

• A Mo Fan Too
  • Member+
  • Chomper
  • You should not eat talking trees. Nope, nope, nope
    • View Profile
    • Odie's Ocean on Wordpress
Ducky is my favorite because she's very adorable and optimistic, and Mo is my favorite because he is a dolphin-like Opthalmosaurus and I love dolphins, and he's funny and fun, and loyal and brave. He also looks cute. :Mo
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 05:43:10 PM by RubberDucky »
Pinkie Pie is best pony, yep yep yep! :duckyhappy My favorite LBT sequel is LBT V. :chompysmile
My thelandbeforetime.org username is Ducky. :Mo

DiddyKF1

• Monkey of Many Mysteries from the Fruitiest Forests
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Proud supporter of DuckyxPetrie!
    • View Profile
Ducky and Petrie are my favorites because they have the most adorable voices, and they have always seem so cute together!  :) I also have a thing for Ducky's selfless nature.
Suddenly, I've written so many fanfics that I can't possibly list them all! :P

Ducky x Petrie forever! :)petrie :duckyhappy

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Simply Littlefoot.
Closest to me and just a good one.
Can't add anythng more.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

HotelValleyfornia

• Shark took my leg, brah!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • All aboard the Hyperfixation Express!
    • View Profile
Tricia's my favorite character because not only is she super cute (and super PINK! :Mo ), but she's also just...really pleasant. In many media, I tend to be annoyed by baby characters, but Tricia avoids the typical trappings. She's very loving and gentle towards her big sister (in contrast with the more rambunctious Dinah and Dana from VI) and family (evidently taking a lot from her mother rather than grumpy old Mr. Threehorn lol), and is very friendly and playful with Cera's friends too. See "The Bright Circle Celebration", where, while Cera snorted at the titular festival, Tricia was pretty quickly on board with the idea along with her mother. There's also the fact that she's a pretty fast learner - it's not long from her birth that she learns how to run (as Tria and Threehorn were so excited over), and later in "The Days of Rising Waters" she learns to swim as well. Tricia's a character I'd like to see more of - I like seeing her interact with characters, be a nice little kid, and simply just be cute. And the fact that "Cera!" was her first word was really heartwarming too. Just a feel-good character overall, fitting in quite well with an overall feel-good series! :DD
Current hyperfixation: Total Drama

Yacht life! :DD

ManOfWar GT

• Spike
  • He/him
    • View Profile
it got to be .............(im going to cause drama) ichy and dil. i love these two so much. i like there personality's and are my Favorite villains in the serious.

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
Chomper is my favorite character mostly because he has some stand-out moments that I relate to in the past (Chomper getting angry because he was called too little is an example of something I can relate to).