The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Chapter One of something i'm writing

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Okay, I'm posting this after having a conversation with Mumbling about chapter length. It's unedited, and seroiusly needs editing, so don't be surprised at truly awful sections which may or may not appear. I will cut them at some point. Enjoy!

EDIT: I removed this after a late-night bout of paranoia about posting what I am also using for a piece of coursework which hadn't even been sent to the exam board. Sorry.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
1 thing you can clearly see, you are english and I am not. This kind of writing is of my knowlegde yet. I might write such sentenses in dutch though. My stories normally were halflength of what this story is. Interesting subject, really. Thanks for sharing. (Took me 20 minutes to read it.. omg.. xD)

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I have only the greatest respect for multi-lingual people, as I do not have the dedication needed to learn another language (although if I was dropped in the middle of a non-English speaking country, I think that it would be easier!). I'm glad you found it interesting, Mumbling. So far I have five and a bit chapters, so I think that it's going pretty well. Still needs editing though.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
hehe ok.. I can speak english, like it is my second language, but I still do make a lot of mistakes. I can speak french a bit, and german too. And dutch of course. Might learn some other language when I grow older, I hope so, I like it a lot :)