The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fanfiction Awards 2018 Results

rhombus · 12 · 3409

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I am pleased to announce that I have tabulated the results from the 2018 fanfiction award voting.  :Mo Here are the results for your consideration and double-checking:

We will be following the prior year’s protocol for fanfiction awards this year. This means that if you would like a banner for your fanfiction then please let me know by PM. You can only pick one of your stories to receive a banner this year, so if you had multiple entries then you will need to specify which story I should prepare a banner. Each banner will include your story name, the overall average rating it received, and the number of votes. The draft banners that we will be using this year are as follows:

I would like to take this moment to thank each and every one of you who participated in the fanfiction awards this year. Participation in the fanfiction awards exceeded last year’s amazing total, which makes this the year with the most fanfiction activity since 2011.  This continued interest in fanfiction in the community makes me confident and hopeful about continued creativity in the Land Before Time community.   :smile I look forward to seeing what you all come up with in the year to come!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 02:26:20 AM by rhombus »

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It's great to see the increased participation in these fanfiction awards and that upward trend seems to have continued for a few years now so thanks for it from me as well, everyone! I'd like to especially extend my thanks to rhombus and OwlsCantRead for reviewing all of the stories as it's extremely heartening to see such dedicated readers and reviewers on GoF! In addition, each of the stories this year were quite strong ones so kudos for your great writing, all! I hope to see this continued rise of interest in LBT fanfiction rise in 2019 as the development of the past years in this area has been absolutely amazing to witness. :yes

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Great job everyone! I'm really looking forward to next year's stories :smile

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Glad that everyone who submitted seemed to have a decently awesome score with the average overall seemingly being around lowish-middleish 8s. Congrats to all, these stories were great reads as well! :Mo Everyone should be proud!

Like the rest I'll also look forward to seeing what the new year will have to bring. I hope it's as refreshing as a spring breeze!
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

DiddyKF1

• Monkey of Many Mysteries from the Fruitiest Forests
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Proud supporter of DuckyxPetrie!
    • View Profile
This has been quite a year for fanfiction, and 2018 felt like a whole new adventure for my story writing compared to before. It's great to see so many dedicated writers in one place all sharing the love and compassion we have for our favorite dinosaur movie franchise. Many of the stories I read this year were among the most emotional I've ever read, and those that didn't get entered I feel deserve an honorable mention.

I'd like to send my extended thanks to Sovereign for the feedback he gave me on my stories which helped me improve my writing throughout the year. He did such a good job at pointing out any flaws I had, and I learned from those mistakes as time went on (which I feel is weird to say, considering I've been writing for other fandoms over the last six years). :smile I'd also like to thank him and all the other participating authors for giving me something emotional to read when I didn't have the motivation. Stories like these give us all such motivation for each of us to think of a story idea that could be just as good or even better than the last, so kudos to all of you! I can't wait to see what 2019 has in store!
Suddenly, I've written so many fanfics that I can't possibly list them all! :P

Ducky x Petrie forever! :)petrie :duckyhappy

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
@OwlsCantRead @DarkWolf91 @DiddyKF1

Alright, everyone, I have the banners that have been requested thus far prepared for your consideration.  Now, this is my first time preparing these using GIMP so if there are any revision that you would like made (movement of text, changes in text size, etc.) do not hesitate to let me know. With all that being said I wanted to thank you again for your participation in the fanfiction awards!  :)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 08:23:18 PM by rhombus »

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Yo, GIMP is fun to use! I use it as my layered image software too becos I'm scared of Photoshop. But if it's not too much trouble, can you capitalize the 's' in Stages? :^^spike
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yo, GIMP is fun to use! I use it as my layered image software too becos I'm scared of Photoshop. But if it's not too much trouble, can you capitalize the 's' in Stages? :^^spike

That was a stupid error on my part.  :bang Here is your updated banner.  :)

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
@LBTlover247 @Sovereign

I must apologize for the delay in getting the fanfiction banners out to you.  I was delayed with final exams and then the forum downtime issue.  As I am currently away from my computer at my father's farm I do not have access to my fanfiction award templates. After I return from the holiday festivities, however, I will get your banners put together.  :)

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
@LBTlover247 @Sovereign

As promised, here are your banners for the fanfiction awards.  Go ahead and double check them and make sure that there are no stylistic issues.  If there are then I will correct them as soon as possible.  Thank you again for your participation!  :)

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yep, mine looks great as well! Thanks a lot for it, rhombus! :)littlefoot