The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Good thing we left our old host!

Petrie · 1 · 1679

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I just logged into today to find this message:

Effective Monday, September 13, we will be terminating our Free Gold program for Gold Communities.

We introduced the Free Gold program over a year ago as a result of the popularity and performance of text-based contextual advertising from Google and others. Over the course of the year the market and economics for this advertising has diminished, to the point where it is no longer feasible for us to offer the program. That being said, we are gratified by the participation of our communities, and believe that both they and ezboard have benefited.

If you are a participant in the Free Gold program, effective Monday you will revert to the days left on your subscription at the point you entered the program – for example, if you entered with thirty days left on your subscription, you will again have thirty days left. All ezboard-sponsored advertising will be removed, and you will return to the standard subscription service you purchased. We’d be glad to address any questions or concerns through Email Support for Gold Community Administrators at http://login.ezboard.com/BBSSystem.showCSCForm.

Thanks again for you support.

Steve DeMello

I just saw this now and am glad to saw it was good we left when we did because I have no money so I couldn't get us semi-ad free status anymore.  I'm guessing I'm not the only one who can't afford to "pay up".  In about three months the old host will get bombarded with popups so hopefully by then we'll have done all our archiving so we won't have to return.  ;)