The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Howdy!

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey LBT fans  :DD  

I can't believe how difficult it is to find a strong LBT community on the Internet; I just want to say that i'm excited to meet all of you, and I hope I can add a little something to the Gang of Five.

A little about me:

My name is Tim, I'm a 19 y.o male college student from Alberta, Canada.  I have always enjoyed the LBT series, but I had only seen 1-4 until about 6 months ago.
I plugged in LBT 1 for the first time in many years, and was instantly captivated, more than ever, as I have grown up much since my last viewing.

I became a fan right on the spot.  I spend hours surfing the web for LBT information, and gift packs containing all the LBT movies.  I knew there had been 3 or 4 more since LBT 4, but I never guessed that they were up to #11 already!

Eventually, after days of searching around my hometown of Calgary (any hockey fans here?  Go Flames Go!  anyways  :nyah), I Finally stumbled across both volumes of the 4 movie Dino Packs (1-4 and 5-8)....They weren't cheap, but I didn't care, and they were brand new.

At first I was skeptical of the quality, but I soon grew to sincerely enjoy and appreciate them.  I spent many days after, hunting down LBT 9, 10, and 11, and now I have the complete collection on DVD (and on my hard drive..heee :nyah )

Anywho, I have found myself often watching a LBT movie before I go to sleep for the night, and I have develop a strong liking too all the characters, though I have a number of comments to make about the series.

Anywho, favorite LBT movie....
The first LBT was the one that got me interested in the first place

LBT 4 was a strong story, all the characters had great attitudes throughout, and Ali was the Best guest character to date :p

LBT 10 had a powerful ending, despite its' occasional flaw throughout, especially during the first half.

Anyways, i'll save it for the other forums :p

Talk to y'all later!

-Action9000

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
Hello, welcome to the Gang of Five. your welcome to post on this form. I hope you enjoy your stay :)

-Threehorn

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Hi action9000!
Welcome to the Gang of Five! It is a pleasure to see you here too as in the N54 forum and have a music expert and land before time fan with us :)
It is funny how the way of many LBT fans resemble. I had seen the original movie in the cinema and loved it, but in years to follow it didn't matter to me any more than any other movie I liked until in December 1998 I watched the 2nd sequel (in fact for the second time) and fell for LBT bait, hook, and sinker.
As for the sequels I like especially the first few made by Roy Allen Smith. Not that I would object Charles Grosvenor (I love especially LBT 5 and 9), but in my opinion he sometimes tends to exaggerate with the colors (everything turning red in case of danger), the harmlessness of sharpteeth (a tiny longneck tripping a sharptooth by crawling under its foot? Come on!), and elements that don't seem to fit into LBT too well (aliens from outer space). I was not too fond of LBT because it strongly contradicted the original movie and some of the sequels. Anyway, all that are matters of opinion of course better to be reserved for the discussion threads.

As for LBT fans in your close surroundings, as a matter of fact there is one! It has been years since I last talked to Chomper_2099 (no particular reason, we just lost contact). He founded several Yahoo land before groups including the most successful one at http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/landbeforetime2/ You too are a member of this group which regretably ran down and hasn't had any activity in ages, but still houses the largest collection of LBT screenshots of which I know (though work on a larger gallery is in progress). My memory would really play a trick on me if he doesn't live in Calgary. I even know his real name, but I'm not sure if he would want it to be posted in a board. I don't know if his yahoo addresses on his profile page are still up to date (his age isn't) but you should try. Perhaps you have another LBT fan living in your neighbourhood. I wish I had.
Give him many greetings from me if you find him  :yes

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Welcome action9000.  (Gee I can't pinpoint where you came up with that.  :lol:  A few of us are pretty obvious, but you've stumped me.)

Enjoy the forum...agreed about a strong forum...this one has been a few years in the making and its finally taken hold.

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Welcome

Hope you have a good time here.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: RogerRabbit,Nov 24 2005 on  07:30 AM
Welcome action9000. (Gee I can't pinpoint where you came up with that. :lol: A few of us are pretty obvious, but you've stumped me.)
I suppose I owe you an explanation :p

I first came up with the name "Action Man" as a little kid, perhaps 6 or 7; who was sort of a sci-fi superhero with tons of money and awesome technology, who flew around space, participating in races, fighting evil, all that good stuff :D

Anywho, I eventually had to give his vehicles names, and I ended up using 9 as the model numbers, with the 9000 being the newest model.

When I was about 12, I discovered that Hasbro toys had recently created a character with the same name, Action Man
http://www.actionman.com/

and that really made me mad, since I used to use "Action Man" or simply "Action" as my screen name, and people were Constantly bugging me about my reference to the stupid (in my biased opinion.  If anyone here is an AM fan, I mean no offense, just stating how I felt) toy.  I attempted to convince people that I came up with the name well before Hasbro ever used it, but, of course are dumb :p

Anywho, I decided to apply the old model number into my screen name, to cover up the "Action Man", where my new name is derived from.  Hence, Action9000 was born.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Seems most of us here have taken things from our childhoods and used them for screen names.  :yes  :yes  I guessed it might've had something to do with Power Rangers or Gi Joe...something on those lines.  :P:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forum.thisd forum is pretty small, but it has a small core of posters(most of whom help run it :P: ).  So you are a flames fan? You must have really enjoyed their 2003 Finals run! I like hockey too, I don't play it, but i grew up watching the NHl.
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm not a huge fan, but I enjoy watching a good Flames game whenever it's convenient.  I haven't even attempted to play hockey since...I was in about grade 4, lol.  I dont think I'm quite cut out for the sport.
 The only sports I've ever been sort of able to hold my own in, have been badminton, table tennis, and volleyball, and even then, I dont' play enough to be "Good" at any of them.  Haven't even owned a table tennis table for a good 8 years or so.

My thing has always been music, but despite my interests and my hours of effort, I am not a strong composer :(  I'm still working at it, however, and I am definately getting better.  If I had any respectable works to show you guys, I would, but I have yet to produce something I'm truly proud of.  At the moment, a few friends and I are sort of half-arsed working on programming (C++) a text-based comical RPG, basing the humor on cliche RPG elements, such as walking into random people's hosues, completely uninvited, having to walk All the Way Across Town! because the weapons shop and magic shops are on the opposite sides of town (Diablo 1 anyone? ugh...), among other RPG-based cliches.

I have written the start of a basic battle theme, and the beginnings of a "first trip into town" theme so far, but they both still need a fair amount of work, especially the Town theme.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I happen to be pretty good at basketball and tennis. I sing in a choir, and have a pretty good voice. As for stories, I'm interested in history and fiction. I happen to be a huge fan of Tolkien and am currently writing my first novel, which will be the first of a series of ten books(hopefully). Mty tentavie title for  the series is called "Aestorica"
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
My thing has always been music, but despite my interests and my hours of effort, I am not a strong composer
I know that! You are probably the more experienced musician, but I have been trying to compose something myself. I didn't yet manage to create anything that really sounds like LBT. To me it is like I was able to read (notes) but unable to write.
A battle theme? I have one CD, titled "Arabesque" by Mike Bath. The third title is "Battlefield theme" it is beautiful. Not quite befiting something as nasty as a battlefield, but a marvelous tune. They start out with (I think) the tin whistle before strings join in. It really is a beautiful theme.
Are you going to try to contact the LBT fan in your neighbourhood?

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hey action9000!  Welcome to the Gang of Five!

The only thing in music that I'm truly good at is dancing, mostly Latin-style.  And the only kind of sport (if some would call it a sport) I'm good at is martial arts.

And as for RPG's, I hope to see what you got so far.

Anyway, have fun and play nice!

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I added you to my MSN list action9000. At the moment I got my laptop back so I'm on MSN for the first time in several weeks. Hope to meet you :yes

You didn't get an MSN identity Nick, did you? I think with our common interests we could have great chats too.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Curses.. I forgot...Considering my eye problems over the sumnmer and dealing with school.. it slipped my mind... I'll talk to my folks about it....
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Malte, I think the artist is Mike Batt.  ;)  I have a couple of pieces by him as well.

Nick you're missing out on a lot.  :lol:  :lol:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thanks Roger .... :)  I'll get on it...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
sugar honey iced tea...you saw my original message  :bang  :bang

I didn't like the way I said that and didn't want you to see it.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I took no offense roger so don't worry... :D
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: