The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT chars as people

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
No offense but I don't see any of the LBT characters in them.

"Petrie" looks like he's on crack. And what's with the spike belt and skin tight pants? That's not what I think of when I see Petrie.

"Cera" looks way too pompous and bitchy. I know this is how she is(even if she's gotten better) but this girl looks like she'd turn on her friends if they no longer seemed "cool" to her. The actual Cera would never do that.

"Ducky" is the only one that seems even somewhat similiar to her dino self.

Why does "Chomper" look like a depressed little punk kid? Chomper is anything BUT depressed. In all of his appearences, he's bubbly, cheerful, optimistic, innocent. The complete opposite of how this kid looks.

Giving "Spike" spikes does not make me think of Spike. Try saying that three times fast  :lol

And finally, what annoys me most...

"Littlefoot" is a bookworm?! How?! What part of Littlefoot's personality screams "bookworm"? Littlefoot is adventurous, rebellious, eager, always ready to play. Now does this kid look anything like that? I'm not saying bookworms can't be adventurous but this kid sure don't look it. He looks like the kid you'd see at recess, sitting by the flag pole, not talking to his peers with his nose in a textbook. Littlefoot is the kid you'd see at recess playing even after he was pooped out.

As OCs, they're pretty good. But they are not the LBT characters as humans. I'm terribly sorry. I'm not trying to be a jerk and if that's how I seem, then again, sorry. I'm just a tad skeptical about these kinds of fan art. For me, if the subject matter is "Such and such characters as humans", the personalites have to fit to a T. Otherwise, they're just OCs.

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
yeah the petrie one looks like he's on crack i must admit  :lol
facebook.com/venomwargreymon

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^ :lol

On the note of Petrie lookin' like he's on crack:

Petrie: "Ahh!  Pink elephants!"

Me: "Smoke a little weed with your snort of crack, lately :rolleyes:?"

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've been looking at this picture for several days, and I STILL don't see The Land Before Time Characters in them.  They look like OCs more than anything else.

Making species into humans is a really specific art style.  It takes a lot of skill and talent to pull it off.  I, myself can't pull it off for the life of me.

I would say to practice a bit more on this and then come back to us on it.

For now, I BEG the mods to move this to the Animated Captions Section and renaming it.  They just seriously don't look like the LBT Characters to me.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Can it even be made into a caption? I jsut don't see anything we can joke about with this.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Could swear I've seen this on DA long ago...

Anyway, move to Fanart Captions now that the forum exists?
Inactive, probably forever.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,Sep 25 2016 on  07:49 PM
Could swear I've seen this on DA long ago...

Anyway, move to Fanart Captions now that the forum exists?
Yep, I moved it.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The drawings look alright but not the best.