The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

DarkWolf's Fanart Thread

DarkWolf91 · 427 · 62676

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Thanks for the feedback everyone! Looking at it now I agree that the neck is a bit thick- I think I messed up the foreshortening as the angle is supposed to be from slightly above at 3/4s and I mistakenly made it uniform thickness :oops
But then maybe she has been taking a few eating tips from Spike, as Rhombus said :lol

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh, I almost forgot to post this here! Some rough animation of Ducky and Petrie that Ducky123 requested ages ago. I'll line and color it eventually :smile

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ah yes, I remember seeing this when you put it on the discord server. This looks so cool and I can't wait to see the final version! :DD

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
LOVE THIS!!! ^^
For me, it is not rough at all, and even without correction and coloring I would like to watch short movie in such style!!!
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Animating is a toughie, and it looks pretty smooth to me. Even with a janky framerate (debatable), the flexibility of the moving characters make it seem seamless. It's really nice and the models aren't skewed, so great job!
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I said it already on Discord but I love this animation! The characters' expressions and movements are completely spot-on and the pace of the movement is extremely smooth. I'm certain this will look completely amazing when finished as it's quite nice already. :^^spike

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh shoot looks like I missed two submissions!

About Breeze, it's a simple drawing by your standards but aside from the neck issue everybody has pointed out it's absolutely great :smile The grass is painted with little detail here but I like how it turns out. It'd be too much for me at my current skill level even getting near that :angel

I don't think I need to say anything about the animation. Just brilliant :DD
Inactive, probably forever.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey everyone! The holidays have been very tough on me this year, but I managed to finish something I started many months ago! Here's a request from Horizon, of a scene from To Tread Upon Fields Afar. Enjoy ^^

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ooh wow this looks amazing!  :olittlefoot I like the expressions, both the water splashing and the reflection on the belly. I also like the style of increasing the thickness of the lines as they get closer to the viewer. It really helps in adding to the perspective!

Awesome job!  :DD

zero-point

• Administrator
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Frighteningly awesome drawing! Awesome lines and fancy colouring as always! :DD
"The fire flickers with possibilities, I wonder what happens if you get a little closer?"

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Looks absolutely amazing as always, DW! :wow It's great to see more drawings about Fields even if this pictures again makes me sad to see it discontinued. As for the picture itself, Sol and Zaura's relationship can clearly be seen here and their expressions are spot on. Fyn's relative externality of the duo's antics also mirrors the story very well and as always, the background and the water look amazing. Phenomenal job again! :^^spike
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 10:04:21 AM by Sovereign »

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks for the comments everyone! This semester has been particularly rough on me, so unfortunately I haven't had the time to come around here as much as I'd like. I did manage to whip something up for the Fanart prompt, though it's a little simpler than what I usually do :oops

I wanted to do something that suggests just a fun little mishap-journey with Petrie, Pterano, and Etta. I just think it might be fun to have these three interact, and get into some high-flying adventures without any land-walkers to hold them back :p

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This is absolutely awesome artwork, Dark.  :DD  The request from Horizon really brings me back into the mentality of his epic story, and I think that you have captured the essence of the characters very well.  As for the journey with Petrie, Pterano, and Etta, it also looks gorgeous.  :yes  I might have to consider doing a story with those three at some point.  :thinking

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Petrie seems so happy to be flying around like that, great job! :D

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This picture has a really great idea and it's nice to have these three together. The background colors absolutely amazing and Pterano's proud expression as well as Etta's look are really great but Petrie, sadly, isn't drawn as well this time. First, there are many cases in his face where the lines stretch look smeary and the way his lower body looks is really weird. Maybe it's because of the perspective but it still doesn't look right. But even then, the picture as a whole looks great but I thought I'd point out those issues. :)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yay you made it for the prompt! :DD

Ahh what a neat idea! Certainly would be cool to see more development from all 3 of these characters! Looks like they're all flying towards a sunset!

It's amazing what you got done it the short time available! Even with some of the more evident points that Sovereign has mentioned it still looks great! While Etta's expression looks good, both Pterano and Petrie's are spot on!

Glad to see you stop by and post this artwork! :smile (and remember to give me a shout if you ever need physics help! :lol )

Horizon

• Ruby
  • Formerly known as "Fyn16"
    • View Profile
Hey everyone! The holidays have been very tough on me this year, but I managed to finish something I started many months ago! Here's a request from Horizon, of a scene from To Tread Upon Fields Afar. Enjoy ^^

Truly fantastic job here! Makes me wish I was still going on this story. Maybe someday...

Honestly, though, this is the way I want to remember these characters (really my first characters). They'll always hold a special place for me, and seeing them finally brought to life is... I'll be honest it's a tad emotional. Thanks so much for this!

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh, I almost missed your entry. This is simple (by your standards ;) ) but really cool and well done. Indeed I wonder what this particular constellation of characters might be doing in a new LBT movie :smile
Inactive, probably forever.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thank you all for the wonderful comments! This semester was really rough, so I haven't been able to come around here as much as I would like.  Hopefully I'll have the time to participate in the next fanart challenge! For now, here's the next completed commission for Rhombus, this time of Haven  :smile