The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Pixel Spyro

Almaron · 12 · 3746

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
A few days back I was browsing a Spyro RP page, and I got annoyed at the fact that I didn't have any pictures to represent my characters with. In the end, I decided to remedy this by making pixel versions of the characters in the Legend Of Spyro games; ones that could be edited by anybody to make new characters. And here it is!

Pixel Spyro Characters
There's more information on my DeviantArt page - check it out there.

By the way, would you believe that despite me being a fan of it, I've never actually played one of the Spyro games? I got into it one day while browsing DeviantArt and discovering the fandom. I soon plan to remedy this problem of never having played a game (suppose technically I have seen ONE being played by a friend years ago); just need to get the proper game console...already found some of the games at a second-hand store...

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Good pixel art. I like it how you depicted different sexes. Do you plan to make more detailed art of your characters in the future?

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
Well, I don't normally draw creatures; generally I stick to things like buildings and objects that are simpler to draw, as I haven't got much experience drawing more complex things. At this moment in time, pixel art's probably the best you'll get from me.

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
And here's a follow-up!

DeviantArt Page

The three characters at the bottom (well, really two) are my own characters; Amperon, Warfang's Archive Master (an old friend of Malefor who was later murdered by him; his ghost is the next figure), and Kavler, a dragon who fled the battlefield and went into exile after losing to Cynder, never removing his armour. The full version of their stories can be read here: ( http://amcalmaron.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d465zfe )

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
And here's an update at last!

http://amcalmaron.deviantart.com/#/d5q8g99

Grr...this one should have been finished a lot sooner. I'd become dissatisfied with my original pixelly Spyro pictures - the males were too fat and the females too thin, to name one problem - and I decided to revamp them late last year. I eventually managed to come up with a better design for the bodies, and was half finished when...some utter monsters broke into my house and stole my hard drive, meaning I lost this, all my files, and all my family photos.

Thankfully, I had my Ipod on my at the time, and it had low quality versions of more than 2/3rds of the lost images, so I managed to use that to replace the files. Anyway, all I had of the work I'd done on this was a blurred and shrunken image of the picture, which, as you can imagine, wouldn't be much help when drawing pixel art.

Nevertheless, I finally decided to confront the damn thing and eventually ended up with a design that looked good, so here's the first part; showing pixelly versions of Ignitus, Terrador, Volteer, Cyril, Spyro, Cynder, the Chronicler and Malefor. In addition to this, it shows all these characters as the opposite gender - to allow a person to picture what other dragons of a specific element may look like - and as a young dragon. As a bonus, I've also tossed in Ember and Flame, and Cynder with her colouring from Dawn Of The Dragon. At a later date, I'll do adult versions of both Ember and Flame, and I'll also do the Dragon Soldiers that appear in Dawn Of The Dragon, and perhaps Sparx - although he's pretty hard to detail that small!

I've also included five Elemental Sigils; based on the images shown in the first game - Spyro's one may seem odd, but it's shown briefly during the final battle with Cynder in A New Beginning, and represents Convexity.

Feel free to edit these and make your own pixel dragons!

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
these are real good. could you add the cynder from skylanders who is more purple and curvy?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
Heh, I never got around to adding that design in, but I did redraw all of these several times and used them to make a gigantic family tree of dragons...see it here! https://www.deviantart.com/amcalmaron/art/Gift-Art-Ddraigtanto-Family-Tree-V4-573674945

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Welcome back, Almaron!

Nive pixel stuff!
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
nice job on the artwork.  glad to have you back.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I won a Spyro plushie at a theme park. I always liked Spyro despite never playing one of his games. In that respect we are alike.

Great pixel art, i like the red winged grey fire drake.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 12:47:47 PM by Gentle Sharptooth »

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Wow that is one massive tree! Very cool! Also welcome back!  :rainbowwave