The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Peanut Butter: Creamy or Chunky?

Poll

Creamy vs Chunky Peanut Butter. Which variety do you prefer?

Creamy. Smooth, delightful texture for me!
4 (80%)
Chunky. Gimme my crunchy nuts!
0 (0%)
Others. I like my spread mixed with chocolate, strawberry, or some other unusual flavoring.
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Earlier today, I made myself a peanut butter sandwich to start up my day. So far, so good, right? Well, then this question suddenly popped in my head when I saw a jar of Skippy's Creamy Peanut Butter... and one of the same brand, but of the Chunky Variety instead.

As for me, I did eventually pick Creamy for my bread. The reason is rather dumb... it was because I was lazy to spread Chunky, which imo is harder to spread. And yes, Skippy is the brand of peanut butter I use. (does anyone use anything different?)

So which do you prefer? The Creamy or Chunky variety of the tantalizing spread that is peanut butter? Or do you have a preference for a different flavor that is not in the big two? Feel free to debate and vote if you want!
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
it's a nope nope nope for me, no matter what flavour :P
Inactive, probably forever.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I prefer creamy for sandwiches, though I prefer crunchy for other applications - like when making candies.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I was always a fan of creamy, but we generally have crunchy available at work and I no longer detest it like I did when I was a kid. Now I like both equally, though I still think I would pick creamy in a supermarket myself. Just a force of habit I suppose.

As for the brand, I use good old Dutch Calvé and haven't enjoyed any others the way I have this one.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
I prefer smooth peanut butter; much easier to spread on toast. Although, chunky is great for dipping with nacho chips.

DiddyKF1

• Monkey of Many Mysteries from the Fruitiest Forests
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Proud supporter of DuckyxPetrie!
    • View Profile
I really like that soft, creamy feel, ... even though the last time I had a PB&J was seemingly years ago. In fact, I have such an obsession with anything Reese's!  :P
Suddenly, I've written so many fanfics that I can't possibly list them all! :P

Ducky x Petrie forever! :)petrie :duckyhappy

jassy

• certified member of the spike fanclub :)
  • Member+
  • Spike
  • your local procrastinating fanartist!
    • View Profile
to be totally honest i don’t even try peanut butter that much but when i do occasionally try it, i definitely prefer the creamy kind. But I usually have to try it with jam or something like that, and I’m a bit pickier with the kind of jam I use  :P
"Don't you ever wonder what's out there?"  :rainbowThinking

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I've always gone for the creamy variety. Come to think of it, I don't remember the last time I've tried chunky.

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
I'm a creamy guy when it comes to peanut butter. I guess it's always been the one I prefer, considering how easier it is to spread; plus, the more on a sandwich, the better (at least for me). Only recently have I had crunchy after years of not bothering with it. While it's certainly as delightful, it's harder to spread for sure.

Also I use Jif.

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Creamy for me, especially since it's easier to eat with my braces. Sometimes I do like some of the chunky stuff though, and I'll probably eat more of that when I get my braces off. But all in all, I'd say I prefer creamy, braces or no braces.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Huh, I leave for a couple of days and the results are overwhelmingly creamy. (poor DarkWolf :^^spike)

And yeah, to Ducky and Jassy... I actually do not eat peanut butter as much as I implied in the OP. I used to not be a fan of spreads, and even now that I have become more accustomed to not eating bread plain, I'm still more likely to spread jam or cocoa Nutella on my bread. :P
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.