The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

If this were remade.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
No they need to get the original voice actor Will Ryan to play Petrie he's the best Petrie ever. The other ones not sure if they will fit the characters,

Dracorider19

• Spike
  • If you wanna be great, let greatness surround you
    • View Profile
Actually since Littlefoot and co. are kids, if there was a remake for the first LBT, they would have to hire child actors to voice them, not adult actors. Plus, I feel there should be voice actors, not celebrities, to voice characters like Sharptooth, since the practice of hiring celebrities to voice animated characters, for me, is getting old.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Since will Ryan voiced Petrie in the original he should be able to play the character again. They shouldn't change the original voice actors. It really ruins the movie big time in my opinion

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dracorider19,Apr 28 2017 on  12:32 PM
Actually since Littlefoot and co. are kids, if there was a remake for the first LBT, they would have to hire child actors to voice them, not adult actors. Plus, I feel there should be voice actors, not celebrities, to voice characters like Sharptooth, since the practice of hiring celebrities to voice animated characters, for me, is getting old.
I am coming from perspective that if the characters were voiced by celebrities it will draw people into the Land Before Time that normally ignore it, and hopefully revive the franchise with animated shows and movies we can then be more purist about. It's kinda of the idea of conceding or compromising on one thing, so that we get 93% of what we want.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah they need to let actual voice actors play the roles that fit the characters. Not just some random celebrity that will botch it up

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I understand your perspective. I am a partial-purist, I prefer it to stay like original, and example of book being adapted into a movie. I would like that movie to be like the book and contain major elements, but I also understand from storytelling and marketing you have to change some things to make it work for the movie.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Switching the original actors is just going to destroy the movue

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I admit I haven't heard of any of the people you listed there (though I generally don't really care who's playing in movies).

Another thought: If they don't change the story, just reanimate, they could just use the old recordings of dialogue from 1988.
Inactive, probably forever.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
If they don't change the story, just reanimate, they could just use the old recordings of dialogue from 1988.
that's just ridiculous.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Why would they do such a compromise? No remake (to my knowledge) has used voices from the old film and if they did that, it would be just a reskin of the old film, with the exact same scenes. It would be saying that the "problem" with the film is the animation which is just great. Of course, using two voice actors would quickly become awkward.  :lol

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Tell me... why is that ridiculous? I absolutely cannot argue that the animation needs to be improved (because it's perfect as you say) but the same goes for the story. Why would you need to change it? Why shouldn't the dialogue remain the same? Say what you want, I love Aria and her great voiceacting for Ducky or Anndi for Cera but their voices just wouldn't fit for the original movie! They've gradually aged and so did their voices, however you don't really notice that unless you compare LBT 5 to the very late sequels... Judith was the perfect choice for Ducky, nobody can replace her truly.

Then again, we're deep in the "what if" territory and it's unlikely that our discussion will ever be of any relevance :p
Inactive, probably forever.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I was talking about "...don't change the story, just reanimate, they could just use the old recordings of dialogue from 1988..."

that would be absolutely nonsense remake plus ugly using of holy original audio track. :p

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
No Petrie was voiced by Will Ryan in the beginning and he and the other guy should remain as the voices actors. Since there's no way kid actors can do his voice correctly it would Ruin it. And getting new kid actors for the other gang members would also ruin it since fans want some of the original cast back.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, Petrie has never had a kid voice actor so we don't if that would be a good change or not. However, it seems like Petrie has been the most difficult character to dub to other languages as every dubbed Petrie voice I've heard is terrible, even more so than the other characters'. Sure some kid could get it right but for now, I think Bennett is the best Petrie we have.  ;) Also, Aria Curzon was a kid when she took on voicing Ducky and Littlefoot's voice actors were changed rather often to keep his voice kid-like. I'm not hostile to the idea of getting new voices for the Gang, especially since I thought that Felix Avitia was one of the best Littlefoots to date. I actually prefer JOTB:s cast to the original.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The cast they choose for journey of the brave was horrible the characters sounded like crap and didn't fit at all. It was cringe worthy to hear them speak. The original cast for movie one was perfect. The voice cast was perfect Will Ryan is the better Petrie Bennett was not a good replacement choice but it was passable I guess.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Most of the main characters had their old voices so and panning them would make liking the other films' voice acting quite difficult.  If you mean Grandpa and Mr, Threehorn, I agree to some degree but I was referring simply to the Gang of Five.  ;)

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes to some degree it's sad Will Ryan never got another chance to reply his role as Petrie in all of the sequels. He did way better than Bennett did. His Petrie actually was Petrie. Bennett's Petrie just didn't sound like the character at all. It was off a bit in my opinion. The other cast eh they where alright just still didn't sound right.