The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Alternative movie poster

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account

Not sure how many people have seen this. But I came across this alternative version of the first LBT movie poster and thought I'd share it here. It's really quite odd as first off it has Littlefoot as a new-born and the rest of the gang at their current ages, and also there are more scientifically accurate or realistic dinosaurs in the background.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
I believe I have sen it in internet somewhere somewhen before.
This poster is wonderful! Baby littlefoot is adored by our sight. :)
Background "real life" dinosaurs including our lovely Sharptooth quite contrast with gang on foreground, but it's ok.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The poster is awesome I like it more than the original one. I'd even have this awesome poster hanging on my wall

LBT90321

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dalekdino,May 28 2017 on  04:22 AM

Not sure how many people have seen this. But I came across this alternative version of the first LBT movie poster and thought I'd share it here. It's really quite odd as first off it has Littlefoot as a new-born and the rest of the gang at their current ages, and also there are more scientifically accurate or realistic dinosaurs in the background.
This is different than the first one.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
That's a great poster! I had no idea it existed!

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I haven't seen this exact poster before, so thank you for sharing it. :)  I agree that the background seems quite out of place in contrast with the Gang's drawing style, even the volcanoes seeming less life-like than in the other poster. Still, newborn Littlefoot is always a good thing and the overall look makes justice to the film so I guess it's alright. Also, I really like that tagline even if it was featured also on the other poster.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The detail are amazing and it's such a great thing to see. And yes I did like how the gang welcomes baby LittleFoot and they where all happy about his arrival. The style I don't mind it's quite good and the colors Are pretty good also.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Nice catch!  :wow
Inactive, probably forever.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
But the original post was very awesome as well

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
It looks kinda like three different posters spliced together.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
This post captures the two worlds, The Gang's world which seems safer and even peril is really just temporary, and the background of a real Dinosaur world of danger and death looming any moment. The first Land Before time had both worlds intersect, but the sequels did not.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Quote from: Gentle Sharptooth,Jun 24 2017 on  04:57 AM
This post captures the two worlds, The Gang's world which seems safer and even peril is really just temporary, and the background of a real Dinosaur world of danger and death looming any moment. The first Land Before time had both worlds intersect, but the sequels did not.
What do you mean? That was showed off in the opening narrations of most of the films. Such "danger, separation," and all that. Then they'll show the Great Valley and that Littlefoot and his friends live there with the other residents, away from all the danger.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)