The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What screw ups

Teresa · 146 · 24624

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'll have to remember that the next time I am watching LBT 8.  

I noticed an animation mistake in the music video pokeplayer984 posted, the Yellowbelly Bounce.  Again like usual I can't post the pics since I can't get things to do that for some reason.  

It is in the song. The animation mistake is in how the tail connects to the yellowbelly talking to Littlefoot while they are in the water.

2:05 a screen shot of the usual way the feathery tail is connected.
2:22 it is connected in a different way, to some short of shaft of flesh.
2:23 back to normal.  

I watched it a few times to be sure I saw what I thought I saw.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Found one in LBT 13 so far.  littlefoot's eye wasn't colored white, they colored it the same as his body! :lol

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess all these prove there is no quality control person who looks for mistakes like this.

arrogantrex

• Chomper
    • View Profile
So I downloaded some things and I can't believe I spotted this. There is something quite missing from this image:

It's only for a split second, but I still caught it. Hahaha. Needless to say, I couldn't believe my eyes.  :lol

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I haven't seen that movie since I was 12, what's missing? Is the Elasmasaurus supposed to have a crest or a sail on her head? Or is it the sun? (I bet it 's really obvious and I'm gonna feel so stupid when someone explains it to me)

Also, don't know if counts, but in The Great Day of the Flyers when Guido, Petrie, and his brothers are holding Cera's little sister in the air and drops her, she falls for like 10 seconds and Cera catches her by sticking her snout out and her sister lands belly-first. There was no visible suspension or shock absorption. If her sistger had really fallen that fast and for that long, stopping her downward velocity so quickly would subject her to some serious g's. Realistically, she couldn't fall like that, land like that, and walk away giggling.

This isn't an animation mistake, so I'm not sure if this is what people are looking for.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
True, and the impact would have hurt Cera too. I've seen that a lot.  In the Adventures of Lous and Clark they'd have superman do that a lot, just catch someone.  I think once they had superman go down and slow the person's fall after he caught them, just like he would have to do.  Every other time he just caught the person falling cold, which would not harm him, but would likely kill the person he caught as the hit his invulnerable arms and body at the high speed they were going.

arrogantrex

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Yes, there's supposed to be a fin on her head just behind the gang. It flickers off of the screen for a split second and then comes back during the sequences of her talking to them while she swims them back to shore.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe the animator who was supposed to draw the fin was out smoking when they drew that cell and they decided to continue without him thinking no one would notice.  :lol

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I'm watching LBT 9 and the scene where the gang stumbles upon a nest and the Diplodocus mother provides a place for them to stay.I spotted 8 eggs but in the next few scenes I saw 5 hatchlings.

How do 3 hatchlings disappear in 1 night? Predation is possible, but I'm iffy on that.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
How do 3 hatchlings disappear in 1 night? Predation is possible, but I'm iffy on that.

Ozzy and Strut do make another appearance! :lol

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Either that or perhaps the it can be either an animation mistake, only the 5 that hatched were fertile, the others were duds, or they may have hatched later after the gang left.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I suppose they thought as little about the number of eggs and hatchlings in LBT 9 as they did about Ducky's 13 twins statement in LBT 6.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Feb 3 2008 on  04:04 PM
Only the 5 that hatched were fertile, the others were duds, or they may have hatched later after the gang left.
Can't be.

All 8 eggs hatched during the song sequence and I specifically counted 8 hatchlings immediately after.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Most likely it was an animation/continuity mistake.  The animators perhaps didn't feel like drawing 8 all the time so just did 5 hoping no one would notice and no one in the office did.  The continuity of LBT may have as many problems as star trek does.  It's something that if you do notice it you have to ignore, or do something else like I do.

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
In LBT12, if you play it in Spanish (I noticed this the first time I saw it, but apparently didn't post it...) at the beginning it says El Invaccion De Los PequeÃ’osaurios... even though that's the title of 11... (the narrator reads the wrong title for some reason...)

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Serris,Feb 3 2008 on  06:02 PM
Can't be.

All 8 eggs hatched during the song sequence and I specifically counted 8 hatchlings immediately after.
I was watching it too but i noticed it as well. When ducky first falls into the hole where the eggs are, i counted five eggs. then when they hatched, i counted all 8. Then, when it was the next morning i only saw 5 baby dinosaurs. So i guess they did leave the other 3 out. -_-

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It could be that, with maybe a different group animating certain scenes and no one overseeing them to ensure a mistake like that did not happen.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I caught a big one in LBT 4.  When Ali, Littlefoot, and Cera are sleeping together, first Ali is in the middle, then they show the camera further away and she is on the side of Littlefoot (who's in the middle).

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
^ That reminds of the sleeping in sharptooth's footprint scene in the original movie where Cera all of a sudden is in the middle of the group rather than on one side. :lol

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It seems there is no quality control of the LBT animation.