The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

When should we expect news about LBT 15?

Sovereign · 257 · 33312

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I just wanted to speculate about the schedule of the first signs of LBT 15, if it's going to be made. Unless I remember wrong, our first announcement about Journey of the Brave was by Aria Curzon, , in her interview in November 2014, followed by Felix Avitia's tweets. I'd assume the production had started sometime in the spring, meaning JOTB was nearly two years in development.

I don't know why Universal decided to resurrect LBT when they did but they likely wished to see whether there was potential for getting continued revenue with the franchise. We don't know the final sale numbers of JOTB so it might well be that LBT 15 won't happen anytime soon.  :cry But if JOTB sold well enough, it's possible the production started in summer or fall. If the first leaks come in somewhat same schedule, it's possible we'll hear about LBT 15 sometime in the spring. All of this is just speculation and wishful thinking but I guess we'll see next year. If we're in December 2017 without news, I guess JOTB wasn't good enough...  :(petrie

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I suspect that the revenue obtained in the latest film will not exactly make the executives excited about the prospect of another film.  As for right now JOTB has apparently grossed only $3,046,807 after nearly a year, whereas the twelfth film had obtained more than that amount ($3,913,169) by its second week.  Likewise, in terms of videos sold, JOTB appears to be just under 50% of the twelfth film's performance.

Sources:http://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Land-Befo...tab=video-saleshttp://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Land-Befo...tab=video-sales

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Wow that's shocking that this poorly made movie sold that many copies that surprise's me a lot. If they got a new director that doesn't insult kids intelligence than yeah Someday I'd like to see a new Land Before Time movie.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Are these numbers up to date? The last weekly info was from March. If they are correct, I guess our chances of getting a new movie are rather low.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah they're but hey atleast we got thirteen sequels out of the first witch is good enough to me.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sovereign,Dec 14 2016 on  12:50 PM
Are these numbers up to date? The last weekly info was from March. If they are correct, I guess our chances of getting a new movie are rather low.
The last weekly data is from March (at about week 26) but the total number at the top of the page appears to be updated data.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The signs aren't really encouraging but we can hope that something has happened in the overseas sales in the 10 years since the Great Day of the Fliers or that the numbers aren't correct. If not... at least we got one extra film. That's one more than we expected but next year we'll know.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
sad realistic news...
:/

I still dream about movie that can be launched on cinemas and nobody feels shame after seeing that.
Characters grow up (not too much, teenage would be enough). Old atmosphere of original returns. Huge possibilities for plot...
And huge possibilities to release this!

Unfortunately, it's outside the border of possibility right now...
What studio and what man can bring it to life?

sigh

good nobody can kill my dreams. It warms me, and keeps tiny spark of hope inside me.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think the likelihood that LBT 15 is going to happen at this point is still higher than the likelihood of LBT 14 happening after LBT 13 and the tv-series...

I think all we can do is "keep eyes and ears open" :)
Inactive, probably forever.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Agreed. A 15th movie would be great. Also hello.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
If they get a new director than the other guy that directed the 14th movie than I'll give it a chance

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

LBT90321

• Spike
    • View Profile
If there is a 15th movie that will make 41 land before time films (1 movie, 14 sequels, and 26 episodes)

The Wasp

• Member+
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
I doubt it'll happen. I only want to see another movie if they put some serious thought and character development into it.

Of course the people who run this franchise probably don't know there's a bunch of nerds who go over every little detail of it and want to see more PG-13 kind of stories haha

LBT90321

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Wasp,Jan 31 2017 on  06:17 PM
I doubt it'll happen. I only want to see another movie if they put some serious thought and character development into it.

Of course the people who run this franchise probably don't know there's a bunch of nerds who go over every little detail of it and want to see more PG-13 kind of stories haha
Sounds like these "nerds" want it to be more mature for their entertainment

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Even tho that would be awesome and I'd love to see that that's never gonna happen. And true there was not enough effort in the fourteen movie. We would want to see more effort into the next one if it happens but I'd highly doubt it. After the 13th movie witch was the worst one I was shocked to see a 14th movie.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Is there another Jurassic park sequel coming? They might decide to release another new one with that. Otherwise, don't see too much hope of another one, to be honest. :/
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah there is jurassic world 2 is in the works. But I highly doubt they will do that it's to much of a hassle to do that. So fourteen movies is all we're getting and that's enough to be honest with you.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It's been a year since the release of JOTB and I'm pretty disappointed with the fact that we don't know whether there's going to be a 15th film. For some reason, I thought that it would resume the tradition of a yearly LBT film or Season 2 and technically it could still happen. When I saw the film, I thought that my hopes weren't misguided but the sales speak their own grim language. We'll see but I hoped and actually expected JOTB to have done better. Anyway, happy first anniversary to JOTB. :p

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The the movie was poorly done and made but had some decent parts in it. The songs where horrible but I liked Reba Macintires song she sung. But seeing a 15th movie maybe in the near future it will be made with more effort and a better director. And can't believe it's been a year already since it came out how time flies.