The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Need just a TAD bit of help with my fanfiction

Ptyra · 7 · 1270

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
This is for my story that has Ptyra. I'm trying to figure out the name for her mom/Petire's aunt/Pterano's mate. It should revolve around "Pteranodon" or "Ptyradactal" or "Pterosaur".

Then, I'm wondering how exactly her mom dies and she should be seperated from her dad/Pterano during the earthquake. She doesn't get into the Great Valley until AFTER everyone else, and is supposed to come to it badly injured. Also, I need a way for Pterano meets his new mate (in the Mysterous Beyond) and what her name is.

Any advice?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
In one story I wrote I used the name Pterana for Petrie's mum. That name however was not a product from my own lack of fantasy but from my poor hearing. When I first listened to LBT 9 I mistook the words "till then" by Littlefoot's grandpa as "Pterana" as Petrie's mum appeared the moment he said it. Perhaps "Petra" is a possible name. The name is a human name of course (I don't think it is very frequent in the US) but it sounds Pterosaur-like.

As for a dying Pterosaur, I always thought that flyers are rather fragile and vulnerable. If a big dinosaur breaks a leg there is a good chance for that dinosaur to recover. If a Pterosaur breaks a bone or rips the skin of a wing (on a branch or whatever) this is probably the death sentence for that dinosaur. Unable to fly a Pterosaur would be prey as easy as prey can get. I suppose a wood in a storm would be a dreadful place for a flyer with all the moving branches and debris. Also a flyer could easily be kept "on the ground" if for example a piece of rock (from a rockslide) ends up on the flyers wing pinning the flyer to the ground. Flyers are not known to be capable swimmers either. Could soaked wings keep a flyer from taking of in a crucial moment?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I would think soaked wings would hurt anything with fur or feathers that had to fly.  Skin it runs off....feathers and fur soak up the water, adding a lot of extra weight.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ty could be one name suggestion.  Tera is another, perhaps, Ano, Ptyr, Tyr, Ada.  Just some name ideas I got from looking at the three words you said they had to come from.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I would think soaked wings would hurt anything with fur or feathers that had to fly. Skin it runs off....feathers and fur soak up the water, adding a lot of extra weight.
That is correct, but some Pterosaurs probably did have some fur. The species Sordes Pilosus even has that fact referred to in it's name which means something along the lines of "hairy devil" :lol

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
I think I like Ada best. In the prolouge, the fliers live at sea in cliffs. "Shartooth swimmers" live there, so there's another threat. I was thinking of a Sharptooth attack of some kind. In 3rd grade, I had the idea that her wings were damaged and she stumbled off a cliff. But I think a "Sharptooth Swimmer" could grab her and pull her under. I also named Petrie's mom "Glide" and his father (DUNDUNDUNN) Tear.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That could happen, or maybe a minor earth shake shook a rock loose that hit her and knocked her into the water.