The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Land Before Time Abridged Series

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
After watching many abridged series on Youtube, I decided why not try making one of my own. Since some people have done voiceovers with LBT, I figured I would try it out.

This will become an Abirdged version of The Cave of Many Voices. I am currently working on a script for it, and if I am satisfied with it I will make it into a video and put it on Youtube.

I will say that this will contain some profane language, but no F-bombs whatsoever, at least not without a warning. May contain some sexual references, but not too many.

Some of you may and will disapprove of this, and I understand that. This is purely something I thought would be fun to do, and I hope some of you like it.

In the near future, I will post part of the script to show a preview of what I am planning on doing.

I want to make this very clear, I AM NOT A STAND UP COMEDIAN! I DO NOT CONSIDER MYSELF FUNNY IN ANYWAY! THIS IS AN EXPERIMENT TO SEE IF IT TURNS INTO ANOTHER HOBBY OF MINE! So please do not expect to be rolling on the floor wetting yourself with laughter, because it probably won't be funny enough to make you do that.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
I'm curious for the result.

How much time do you think it will take?

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
:lol

Well, we'll see just how funny it will be. Will it contain themes with South Park or something?

I'm not a fan of South Park myself, but I'm just curious.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
All the dialogue will be my own creations, however because it is another abridged series, I will pay tribute to other abridged series and make references to them, because in this episode Chomper watches too many of these and begins quoting them like mad, in which case the others comment that he is stealing from them. Any lines from other shows used will be given credit to.

Well, the dialogue will probably take me a couple of days, but the hardest part will be putting it all together. First I will have to record me voicing all the lines, which means changing voice pitches constantly between all seven characters. Since I've never tried this before, I will need to practice A LOT!!! Secondly, I have to put it all to video clips, but hopefully that won't be as hard because the episode is shortened down and all clips come from the same source.

Of course, I still have my two jobs, one volunteer job, and summer work to finish as well, so I am hoping to finish this before summer ends, but I will have to wait and see.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Good luck :^.^: Hehe, this sounds kinda cool..  :lol

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I approve of Anime Abridged Series. However, I would like to see this in action before I give this my approval or lack thereof.

I mean, this is pretty much like the Abridged Series that I have watched, and makes jokes on some of the flaws of the series, but I don't think that this is where sexual jokes should be made. If you could remove those, I would approve of it much more than I do now.

If you could make me roll on the floor wetting myself from laughter, I would jump through the series of tubes that is the internet and hug you.

Warning- This post contains a Ted Stevens reference.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think...I'm about to lose my midnight peanut snack :x.  I'm sorry, but that is just horrible in regards to LBT.  I mean, sure, I like dirty humor but only if it's original and not connected to LBT.  I'm aware I'm terribly sensitive, and these lyrics made me cry, but that's my opinion.  Ya have the freedom to create this project.  I just find the lyrics very derogatory to the characters and not funny... -_-.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Um...that was different... :blink:

Sorry, I seriously didn't like the script that much.  <_<

ingster

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://ingster.deviantart.com/
You have some good jokes in there,
the whole thing is good, all i can say is try not to go to far with the jokes

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hm, coming from someone who is a big fan of Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged series this isn't that great. The main problem is you're overdoing this with dirty jokes and referring to the characters by foul names. Insults like that aren't going to get any lols out of it. I will give you kudos for being original. (since other abridged series, such as Yu-Gi-Oh, tend to have lines or phrases blatantly stolen from them.) You have to make fun of the plot, come up with funny lines, slightly find ways to alter characters personalities. Because, from what I'm seeing, every character seems to be portrayed the same way, as jerks. Have characters do funny things on their own. Basically, the characters are throwing insults at each other, and the swearing is heavy; even in a abridged series is the cursing kept to a minimal. Sure, there were some moments I thought were alright but you really need to work on it.

And I don't mean any offense, dude; I am sure it can be good. You just to work at it. Maybe ask someone to help you write the script. Two minds in one thing can help make all the difference. Good luck with your future endeavors.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Wow, some pretty strong comments :blink:  I had a feeling this was going to e harder than I thought, so I might as well revise the entire script, considering what you guys suggested.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Ok, here is my revised script for the Abridged Series. I took all of your comments into consideration, and made it a much more LBT friendly script. The beginning wierd creatures remark by Littlefoot refers to humans, because obviously he has never seen humans before. Hope you like it better.

Littlefoot: Hello weird looking creatures. My name is Littlefoot, and this is the first time we’ve tried an abridged series ever. So don’t expect anything spectacular on the first episode, but we are trying our best here. Anyway, enjoy the show!

(Play music/opening credits)

Cera: You know what I just realized?

Littlefoot: What Cera?

Cera: We’ve now gone through 13 movies and a TV series, but we haven’t gotten any older.

Petrie: Yeah, so?

Cera: So? What do you mean by so? Don’t you ever want to grow up?

Littlefoot: Not really. Being a kid forever does have its benefits. We can get away with almost anything we do and never be considered breaking the law or whatnot.

Ducky: I like being a kid, I do I do. I like having fun everyday, yep yep yep! I don’t understand why I haven’t grown up yet.

Littlefoot: I’m sure you will. Maybe by the 50th movie the producers will finally make us teenagers, although I seriously doubt we will stop at 50.

Petrie: Me want to be older! Me want to be great flyer like my uncle.

Cera: Just try not to get thrown out of the valley like your uncle did Petrie.

Ducky: Yes, that would be a very big problem if you had to leave, right Spike?

Spike: Fooooooooooooooooooooooood!

Ruby: Hello my friends my friends hello.

Littlefoot: Oh hi Ruby. Hey where’s Chomper

Ruby: He stayed up watching too many Youtube videos again. I never understood how he managed to get internet service here.

Petrie: What’s internet?

Chomper: yawns Yo.

Littlefoot: Chomper, haven’t you learned by now it’s not healthy to stay up past your sleep time?

Chomper: Sorry I can’t help it.

Petrie: What wrong? Bad sleep story?

Chomper: My crib is flooded.

Littlefoot: It can’t be that bad can it? Switches to cave Ok………maybe this is bad.

Ruby: Well Chomper was trying to imitate something he saw on the Real Chris Angel, and he accidentally destroyed our ceiling.

Ducky: I would not like that. No no no! Spike wouldn’t like it either.

Spike: All the water would mess up my foooooooooooooooooooooooood!

Chomper: Well, anyway, I thought we could go find another place to crash.

Littlefoot: You want to explore caves that you have no idea how to navigate and have no idea of what could be lurking inside?

Cera: You aren’t even the least bit concerned that we could get eaten or something?

Chomper: Don’t worry it’ll be fun! An adventure! Starts singing I want to go-

Ruby: Chomper, no offense, but please don’t sing that song. We sing it too many times.

Littlefoot: Besides, what is the likelihood that anybody actually breaks out into random song in real life?

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
After I read this revision, I began rolling on the floor from laughter. You made it MUCH better in terms of Abridged Series.

My approbation for this idea has greatly increased since you revised the script.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Much, much better! I actually started laughing. This feels more like an Abridged series. That's what it's all about! Giving Spike the "foooooooood" line was great, especially when he said, "All the water would mess up my foooooooooooooooooooooooood!" XD

Really, good job. Remember, you can curse, but make sure to keep it to a minimal. Other than that, please continue.

crap,

I like how you're very constructive about his excerpt by giving such intelligent reasons. I should probably let the admins know about how rude your comment is for helping someone.  <_<

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Lol, KK, Kjeldo just is that way :p But yea, he could be a bit more.. friendly.. ? -_-