The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Outcut land before time scenes

Malte279 · 703 · 173704

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
my lovely Tyran! ^^

I have seen second cell in some market year ago.
I think first one was in the film, though... not?
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
I don't remember the angle or anything.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
*rewatching my favorite movie*

You're right. Not in such angle.
6/14
0/26

Tyrannosaur

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
I have an idea...

Its possible to change your region in the iTunes store. Its a longshot, but one of them might contain the uncut version. I have already looked in a few of them, namely Finland.

There are a lot of regions. Its too much for one person to do. Maybe if people wanted to organize which regions they would check, a full sweep of all of iTunes could be done.

Something to think about.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
*detects catalyst word*
fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanddd!!!!!!!

I doubt there's digutal/online version of uncut LBT... Though it doesn't stop me to make every-year search for it at the beginning of each year.
6/14
0/26

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It's funny how some people think Finland is a wonderland to finding the uncut version of LBT. :p  Believe me, you can't just walk to a store and buy the full version. Also, there's pretty much no chance you'd find it in the internet.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Quote from: Sovereign,Jul 31 2017 on  10:42 AM
It's funny how some people think Finland is a wonderland to finding the uncut version of LBT. :p Believe me, you can't just walk to a store and buy the full version.
:lol  :lol
yeah, Finland became my personal meme because of it.

I even "wrote" two-years story about how REAL army of LBT fans invided Finland, searching for copy of uncut LBT. And after two years, when Finland's forces were ready to give up... That guy leaked information about LBT 14 production, and everybody went home.  :rolleyes   :rolleyes

Also, there's pretty much no chance you'd find it in the internet

ahemdogsahemheavenahem
6/14
0/26

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I FOUND NEW INFORMATION FROM THE ORIGINAL SCRIPT

First three images are in the final movie, the rest is literally all dialogue from cut scenes. There's even three new ones I discovered that no one had known about ever before! :D

This script is from April/May 1987.

Littlefoot and his mom - this is in the final movie. Back when this script existed he was still named Thunderfoot.

Meeting Petrie - this is in the final movie.

This is the dialogue of the scene where Ducky lures Spike with berries.

A never-before-seen scene in which Cera acts as the leader and eats a bunch of flowers, not letting Ducky have any.

Dialogue from the Oasis Scene. This is proof that it was going to be part of the film. The crownhead's name was going to be Clifford.

Oasis Scene continued.

Never-before-seen scene of Littlefoot and Cera arguing.

The extended planning scene where Littlefoot explains why they must kill Sharptooth - because he's near the Great Valley. This ties to the original ending.

A never-before-seen scene of Cera introducing Littlefoot to her dad.

So what do you guys think about this? I didn't even need to storm Finland for these :lol  :lol  :lol
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 02:08:46 PM by Hypno »
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
One more (limit of 10 images and there were 11 so)

An extension of the final shot. This reveals there was even more after Littlefoot says "Now we'll always be together."
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 02:09:21 PM by Hypno »

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
That's a really awesome find! :wow It's especially great that there's even some truly new scenes included here, further showing what kind of scenes were lost. It seems Cera was even more bossy than she appeared in the final version. :p Most of these scenes look really promising and it only makes it harder to accept I'll never see them! Especially the last shot seems like a really nice way to end the film. However, some of the scenes feel rather short here, for example the Cera/Littlefoot fight, as if the script doesn't cover the whole sequence. I wonder why?

Where did you get these scripts? They're the best find here in years! :)

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Some user named Disneysaurus on the Land Before Time wiki uploaded them and didn't even post them anywhere, so they were about to get buried by new uploaded images. I decided to save them and we asked him where they came from. He said they came from "havesomedisney tumblr" (he wouldn't link it so I got a little suspicious). I assumed he meant a Tumblr blog, so I eventually found it. I went to "Don Bluth Index" -> "The Land Before Time" and then it shows the posts with the script. It isn't the full thing, that's what makes me curious.
Here's all three blog posts (language in other stuff aside from the post, as a warning):

https://havesomedisney.tumblr.com/post/148949850244/script-to-screen-the-land-before-time-pt-1

https://havesomedisney.tumblr.com/post/164716614854/script-to-screen-the-land-before-time-pt-2

https://havesomedisney.tumblr.com/post/164717392614/script-to-screen-the-land-before-time-pt-3
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 04:49:22 PM by Hypno »

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Are the pictures in the blog posts from the official books or are they, too, completely new stuff we've never seen before? This guy seems to know a lot about the production of LBT and the abundance of material in his posts pretty much proves he's not a hoax which is very interesting...

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The other images and the gifs? No, those are not new. The gifs are from advertisements and the images are cels that surfaced on the Internet and others are from the books. But even the blog post helped me learn something - the scene with Cera and the flowers must have been the parts of the movie in which If We Hold On Together would play. Remember how the song is in the middle of the soundtrack? The scenes in which the song plays were cut out and the song was just put in the credits.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
O_O

DUDE! I CAN'T DESCRIBE HOW MUCH THANKS I WANT TO TELL FOR THESE FINDINGS!!! :D
(dammit, it' 16 days before starting Finland storm! XD)
And dammit, it is from 2016??? :/ I need to search more carefully this time...

This script is just wonderful! ^^

1. Dammit, I so want to be on that meeting. ^^
2. Nice describing of the scene! ^^
3. Wait, there's no last lines in the movie! :D And why there's WHISTLE every time Petrie speaks? XD lol
4. I remember there's almost exact text in the book, If I'm right, but cool!
5. Bitchy Cera, as always. :/
6-7. Almost exact the same in the book. Hmm, they named that character? Awesome! :D
8. This scene adds more sense to Cera's action. A bit. Still, it's nice addition. And away from bright circle... after that, talking about Litttlefoot's mother starts very quickly.
9. The same was in the book, as I remember. Perfect addition!
10. "He's my best friend". O_o o_O O_O *takes back my words and hugs threehorn girl* THIS IS SO GREAT!
11.PERFECT ENDING!!!!

Heh, somebody can include these lines to movie, novelizations. Right? :D *winks*

Ok, now...
*searches internet for more potential new information. And lies to bed with FRIGGIN GREATEST MOOD!*
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 06:17:08 PM by Sneak »
6/14
0/26

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
But even the blog post helped me learn something - the scene with Cera and the flowers must have been the parts of the movie in which If We Hold On Together would play.

Why? While the song's place in the soundtrack is very odd, I can't see how these two things are linked. :unsure: Also, is this picture an old one too? It seems rather strictly-drawn for the described scene (albeit in a less serious way) and I cannot remember seeing it before. It seems to be from one of the books but if that's the case, they had another deleted scene we never knew about! :)littlefoot

« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 06:21:40 PM by Sovereign »

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
That looks likes the ending shot with Littlefoot's mother's ghost in the sky, yes.

Well, I feel the scene with the flowers and Cera has If We Hold On Together playing in the background for these reasons

- The image says "Travel Montage" at the top, perfect for a song to play in most movies
- The flower scene seems to be about in the middle of the movie (possibly after the gang find the Rock That Looks Like a Longneck), the song is also in the middle of the soundtrack
- The Lost Media Archive wiki and AMCAlmaron (a guy who did a soundtrack comparison with the final film and cut scenes) believes If We Hold On Together must play at a certain point

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
this picture is last picture from LBT Illustrated story book, as I rememeber.

Also, couldn't sleep, so I have finished reading article of this mysterious dude now.
hmmm
Who is this dude? Where did he take script from? Why he didn't post full script?..
So many unanswered questions...
Will try to find more somewhere...
And If nobody finds anything new... we have potential candidate for sending new letter like we did recently.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 07:34:35 PM by Sneak »
6/14
0/26

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Those are fair points, Hypno, but how does If We Hold on Together fit a scene with Cera being a total jerk? Also, that sequence doesn't seem to be longer than a minute, a lot less than the song. Moreover, a 4-minute musical part in the middle of a 70-minute (with the cut scenes) film seems a bit odd as a whole, to be honest.

Why he didn't post full script?..

Well, these seem to be the results of only one story meeting so it makes sense that his posts didn't contain the whole script if this is all he has. Even then, the question about who he is remains. It seems possible to contact the poster on tumblr without an account but I guess it would be a plus if we didn't ask him anonymously. Does anyone have a tumblr account?

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I've got one, maybe I could ask him. But I need to know what you'd guys would like for me to ask him first.