The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Solar System Simulator

MurMur · 4 · 2267

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
This seems to be the most appropriate section for this, so...

Here is the Solar System Simulator, made by NASA (probably. I don't really know who made it).

I love this thing. The SSS can can create images of any body in the Solar system from any point in space. It's very fast, easy, and you don't have to download any idiotic/unreliable programs to use it. I use this simulator to search for planets in the sky. Beware, it has some inaccuracies, and it also doesn't show constellations (you'll have to find them by yourself).

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
There's also Celestia, a simulator of the Milky Way (the tiny part that we know something about, that is).

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ah, yes, I remember this thing. I came across it on a Google search many years ago. Back then, I didn't have a lot to occupy my time with, so I was bored like that more often than I am these days. This thing sure does bring back memories for me.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thanks for the recommendation MurMur.  I have a copy of Celestia, but I have never heard of the Solar System Simulator until I saw your product recommendation.  For viewing objects in the solar system it seems to be a bit more intuitive than Celestia.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.