The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The most evil swimmer's non-LBT artwork

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I was participating in a Secret Santa event on DeviantArt (we should so totally do that next year on here too!) and this is what I ended up drawing for the person I was tasked to draw a gift for (event was hosted by a group on DA who managed those things)

Well, I had the choice between Pokemon, mammals and yaoi... I ended up drawing yaoi  :lol:

It's not exactly a very good work of mine but I it's the best I could come up with after finally deciding what to draw to begin with (the deadline is today ^^spike). Naruto and Sasuke... kissing  :p Reference was obviously used.

EDIT: This is what I got Click!
Click! :wub
Inactive, probably forever.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
That's a nice picture you drew and there's nothing wrong with you drawing that I think it's awesome that you drew that. You did a very good job drawing that picture.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Time for more Naruto art, I guess... though this drawing is oooooooooold :lol

I was originally trying to enter a contest a loooooooong time ago (I think it was about something romance-related and just rediscovered this sketch recently. I didn't find any references I used for this anymore so I was unsure whether I would be able to colour this accurately or not... ended up deciding against it for the time being and only make a finished lineart for this :lol

Just to clarify... Hinata is dreaming there :p

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I actually wanted to upload some LBT art today but I realized I messed up the photo that I took like a month ago  :lol

But, there's something else I've been working on lately :p

Ahem, yes this is digital art ^^spike

Basically, I was watching a stream on twitch which happened to be a paint-along. Now I really do like birbs so I just painted along with little to no knowledge how to do it. Considering that, this is probably impressive :p

Might try some basic shading in the next digital piece (already have something planned) though I'll need at least 1000 tutorials for that :DD

Anyway, digital painting is tons of fun, just creating lineart is not (funny, it's the other way around with traditional works)

Program used: Krita

lineart by: Tsao-Shin

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

so cute!!!!

show us more beautiful digital paaintings!
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Wonderful drawing I love the colors you used for the birds

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
This looks awesome! The coloring work is really clean :D
I don't like doing line-art digitally either, I usually do it traditionally and scan it in :lol

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Whoa, feedback. I rarely get feedback on this thread, what a pleasant surprise, guys  :lol:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

so cute!!!!

show us more beautiful digital paaintings!

I will try, Snik :) Though I am really just a beginner and this was more of a test :lol

Wonderful drawing I love the colors you used for the birds
Thank you :) I tried to keep it close to the colours these birds have IRL but it wasn't always easy to find the right colour right away.

This looks awesome! The coloring work is really clean biggrin.gif
I don't like doing line-art digitally either, I usually do it traditionally and scan it in dino_laugh.gif
Thanks :D I worked on this for a few hours so, yes, I tried to colour this as best as I could  :angel  The transitions aren't very good though, I need to practise more to discover a better way of doing it :p

Actually, I wish I had the skills to paint without needing any lineart :p

Dude, yes!

That's just awesome smile.gif
Thanks! ^^spike

Not bad, looks good.
Thanks  :)littlefoot

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This is a really funny drawing!  :DD The parrots look quite cute and their expressions are as deep as you would expect in real life. I agree with Darkwolf about the coloring and the colors overall were chosen well. Good job with this one!   :)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Very nice. I like the grey and yellow one the most since the different shades of grey mixed together help it stand out (as compared to the flat colors on the far left bird). Now I don't know if it's just me, but since the background is white it makes it look like the center bird is unfinished. Maybe the very pale yellow instead of white or more of a gradient would help?

Anyways, Good job!

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Actually, I wish I had the skills to paint without needing any lineart :p

It's very hard to do and takes a lot of work, but I'm sure you'll get there :smile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This is a really funny drawing!  dino_happier.gif The parrots look quite cute and their expressions are as deep as you would expect in real life. I agree with Darkwolf about the coloring and the colors overall were chosen well. Good job with this one!  smile.gif
haha thanks :D This painting got quite popular on DeviantArt as well, I guess I can partly thank the person who made the great lineart though  :angel

Very nice. I like the grey and yellow one the most since the different shades of grey mixed together help it stand out (as compared to the flat colors on the far left bird). Now I don't know if it's just me, but since the background is white it makes it look like the center bird is unfinished. Maybe the very pale yellow instead of white or more of a gradient would help?
I think I was testing the effect of opacity on that Cockatiel :smile I was thinking about painting a background but I absolutely suck at them... I do have the intension to look at some landscapes and try to draw them on paper to get a feeling for background but time is rare to spend on pure "training", shall we say :p

It's very hard to do and takes a lot of work, but I'm sure you'll get there Dino_grins.gif
Maybe in 100 years, who knows? :p

Ugh, just realised I'll have update all of these links as well some day... BUMMER  x(cera

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Might use this topic more frequently again in the future.

A week ago or so I've drawn this as a birthday present for Flathead770. There's a story behind it too  :PCera

This winter season, I was really enjoying the anime WATATEN (Watashi ni Tenshi ga waiorita aka. An Angel Flew Down To Me) because of how adorable the characters are and I've constantly been pestering him about the anime so I felt I might as well take the opportunity to draw my favourite girl out of the 3 main characters  :bestsharptooth

So here you have the adorable Noa-chan. Isn't she cute?  :lol

Took me about 7 hours in one sitting and the reference was a popular fanart.  :angel