The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Favorite and least favorite Star Wars character

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Who is your favorite Star Wars character?  Who isyourleast favorite character?  My favorite character is Boba Fett.  My least favorite is Jar Jar Binks.  He messed up the first movie.  By the way, if you are not a Star Wars fan and are just going to fry me for putting this here, don't even bother.  However, if this is not a good topic to discuess, please let me know.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Note: we've had ugly things come out of Star Wars topics before, but I don't think there's any reason to remove this topic.

I term "favorite" with "likable", and in that sense, I choose Chewie, and its because you have to look deeper into him to find emotion since he can't exactly speak to us in a way that we can just listen and understand him.  That is a character with depth, where you have to look to find what he's about.

Now "least favorite" goes with "disgraceful" in my book, and as most SW fans agree, that title goes to JarJar.  He was supposed to be the comic relief of the show, no doubt about that, but they went too far, and every two minutes he was doing something entirely brainless.  Last I checked, the original triology didn't have anyone like JarJar and those three did quite well without such a character.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
^ Certainly not.
I like Star Wars very much. I only don't believe it makes a good match with LBT. Speaking of Star Wars, do you happen to be identical with the N54 forum's new member Darth Vader F-14 Ace?
It is difficult for me to name one favorite or least favorite character as it always seems to mean either a demotion or a promotion to all other characters. To this day I couldn't name one favorite LBT character of mine.
I like C3PO. Maybe his talkativeness resembles my own and he often seems more human than many a human in the series. Han Solo is another character I like. I don't suppose I would get along well with his kind of character in real life, but so long he remains on the screen I am quite fond of him. In real live I might find it easier to deal with Luke though I'm sure I wouldn't make a yedi ;)
Darth Vader is very fascinating. Definitely nobody I would get along with, but the way he was presented in the original triology was just thrilling.
The way he ultimately came into existence was a bit too rushed for my taste. I like the third Episode, but Anakin would probably come across as less naive and indifferent if they had given his developement in the movie a little more time. I don't object his love for Padme as the reason for his downfall, but they could have done a little better. His changing from noble night to kid murdering monster came a bit too sudden for my liking, but I agree that this point of mine is arguable.
Jabba the Hut is certainly a nasty guy! Just the kind of character many of us have to deal with throughout their lifes though we usually don't notice as in real life characters like him don't look as ugly and are well clothed with ties and suits and all that.
Also I confess what many a Star Wars fan will consider a mortal sin:
I like Jar Jar Bings.
Time may do his reputation among the dieheart fans justice. After all R2D2, C3PO and the Ewoks were considered "too silly and cute" too when the original triology was made.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Now lets keep this a clean topic.  Don't bother telling me why you like or dislike the character as that is none of my business.  I aree that Jar Jar is a brainless idiot and was really no significant help in the battle.  He may have killed some droids but he ended up getting caught like everyone else.  It was when Anakin blew the command ship that they were saved.  No offence to any Jar Jar fans though. :nyah

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Now lets keep this a clean topic. Don't bother telling me why you like or dislike the character as that is none of my business.

Unfortunately, naming favorites and characters with likable qualities often go hand in hand, otherwise they wouldn't be favorites now would they?

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Now lets keep this a clean topic. Don't bother telling me why you like or dislike the character as that is none of my business.
I beg your pardon for befouling the topic  :huh:
However, I found it more appropriate to post something that might give substance for a discussion rather than just a meaningless list of names. Also I pointed out clearly why I am not able to just name two characters as favorite and least favorite. Are you so disinterested in what other people are thinking?
There is nothing more pointless or annoying than a review just saying I like / dislike everything about it (be it a character, or a story, or whatever). If people tell what exactly they like or dislike or would improve that's something that can actually help improving things or (as in case of a discussion) start a discussion.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
you didn't do anything wrong.  Just that I wanted to make it a point to keep it a clean topic.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I was a bit of a rebel at that sorta time. When Star Wars was the in thing, I just let it pass me by! LOL! I'm not a Star Wars fan per se, but I have watched the movies and know about it. Probably the only characters I liked from the Star Wars films were the creatures everyone loved to hate before Jar Jar Binks came about. Yep, I'm talking about the Ewoks.  :lol Even though I didnt really watch the films over and over, I did have the spin-off cartoon series that they did of the Ewoks! I still have one of the series on VHS tape from yonks ago! LOL The others are recorded. So, I'd say they're my fav characters if I had to name one. Probably Wicket would be my fav outta the group

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Just look at my signature and avater to find out who my favorite character is.  He only appeared for a short time in the movies but Boba Fett is still my favorite. :D

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
All time favorite SW character: Han Solo (Gotta love that cocky attitude, smarmy charm, crooked grin, and his infallible ablity to get himself into a heap of trouble in some of the most humorous or dramatic ways.)

All time least favorite SW character: Anakin Skywalker (Before he was Darth, he was just a big, dumb loser who could fight good, but that's about it. I'm still trying to understand why Princess Padme fell in love with him. Dumb girl. Where did that strategic mind and steally attitude that he had as Darth Vader come from? He was no where near intelligent enough to be the same person under that mask!)
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I don't know.  Anakin was a crybaby!  Gosh, what an idiot.  Obi Wan should have said, "Oh no, Anakin went to the dark side!  Who saw that comming?"
Yoda and everyone else screams, "We did!"

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
*laughs* Good one. Yeah...and also, how come Anakin was such a coo, but then such a lame adult, during his young adult years?

Also, didn't Obi-Wan say to Luke that Anakin was already an accomplished star fighter when they first met, yes, in Episode One, when, in fact, Anakin is clearly a small child who has not even won a pod race, and polites a fighter for the first time during the final battle in the film. Oh, Luuucccasss...I think I see another problem in the prequel trilogy! But we're getting off topic there...  :^.^:
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
my favorite is darth vader the perfect bodygaurd leats favorite that stupid jar jar he should have faced anakin on mustafar not obi wan!

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm one of the few who doesn't have any problem with Jar-Jar. There are many characters in Star Wars who have been criticized for being too cute or silly (the Ewoks, R2D2, and 3PO are other examples for theis).

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I finally found this topic. I personally consider Obi-wan the best Star Wars character, with Luke Skywalker an extremely close second. Obviously, I hate Jar-Jar Binks. not all Gungans, just him.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Dec 20 2005 on  10:33 PM
*laughs* Good one. Yeah...and also, how come Anakin was such a coo, but then such a lame adult, during his young adult years?

Also, didn't Obi-Wan say to Luke that Anakin was already an accomplished star fighter when they first met, yes, in Episode One, when, in fact, Anakin is clearly a small child who has not even won a pod race, and polites a fighter for the first time during the final battle in the film. Oh, Luuucccasss...I think I see another problem in the prequel trilogy! But we're getting off topic there...  :^.^:
Okay, Obi-wan had already met him after he won the podrace, so he could still be considered an accomplished pilot. Yeah, he was a lame adult in Episode 2, but isn't that the best villian? Some emo kid with serious issues? :D