The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

how many friends do you have

kjeldo · 28 · 2462

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
heya! tell us how many friends you have! old friends. pen pals, it can all!
i can tell i got over 25 friends but most i'll never see again!'sniffle' :cry2

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I got seven that come to mind immediately. S'matter of fact, I'm leaving in about ten minutes to see one of them for the next two days.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Counting online friends......well over 200, most of whom are hackers.  Non-online friends.....like 6.  It's really hard to find computer people where I live.  And just because you have 5 friends or less doesn't mean that you aren't a nice or friendly person. :angry: There are a lot of people who just like to have really good friends and don't count any of those piss on acquaintances as friends.  I for one am one of those people.  I'm not as picky when online, but if I have a real life friend, they're going to be someone I click with 100%.  Friends are people you can tell your secrets to and people that don't judge you, NOT just some people you talk to on the street when walking by.

The Dark Patriot

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Me, I've only got two people that I'd consider true friends...but those two are the only people that I trust completely, with my life if necessary. I used to have...probably somewhere around twenty or so, then I started moving, and I radically changed the way I was (Plus the fact that I have next to no memories of anything that happened more than a year or two ago...that doesn't help).

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I really don't know how to answer this topic.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I have a hard time with this one too.  I have quite a few friends who I'm at least somewhat comfortable talking to, like hanging out with, whatever, many of whom are online or who I knew from high school.  Some of these friends are better than others.  

Where do I draw the line of "counting" a person as a friend on this topic?  I didn't vote for this reason.

At the same time though, I only have 2 or 3 close friends who actually live here whom I see very often.

And just because you have 5 friends or less doesn't mean that you aren't a nice or friendly person.
I second this!  Please change the wording of your poll, kjeldo.
[EDIT] I changed it myself.  Forgot members couldn't edit their own polls.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
To be honest, I get along quite well with folks and the elderly folks I take care of adore me(probably due to my young age).  However, as far as friends are concerned, I only have one.  A lot of this pertains to me having AS, but I'm terribly shy and can come across as quirky or eccentric(which I embrace about myself).  I at times feel this is caused by my outspokeness, but I'm outspoken even on nice topics and give honest opinions.  I get along with others most times, but I'm not a party animal and therefore don't find entertainment in doing the things neurotypicals love to do(i.e. clubbing, frequently going out, ya get the idea).  Now, in the case of the GOF, I would definitely pick the nine or more choice.  Although mostly all of us have never met, it still feels like we're good friends.  At first, I admit I was nervous when I joined the GOF, for even online I am shy and don't want to share too personal information.  However, I find everybody here is very nice and I appreciate everyone's warm acceptance of me being a member.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I second this! Please change the wording of your poll, kjeldo.

Uhhhh.....you can't edit your topic title, poll options, or poll titles Action.........that's the job of an admin. :p  :lol

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Uhhhh.....you can't edit your topic title, poll options, or poll titles Action.........that's the job of an admin.  
Members can't edit their own poll titles?  Heh, I guess I've been an admin too long, I forgot that! :p
I didn't want to do it myself without at least mentioning it first...but if there's no choice, well...

Okay then, edit time! :P:

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Seven, if I think about it.
Though, I only have one to three, that I acctually consider real friends...  :unsure:  Some you just can't talk serious with. <_<
But, friends are extremly important, and I feel that I have enough to be a happy person!  :^.^: You can never have to many!
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
I think I have around seven mates (pals). But if I¥d count the real friends, than it are just less than five, sadly.  -_-

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Ten. Three I've known FOREVER, four at Chuch (two I really consider friends), one in California (others, but I consider that particular one a true friend), a CA equivilant here, and my boyfriend.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
People seem to be dichotomizing their friends into "real," or "Best" friends, and other friends. What is your definiton of a best or real friend? Isn't a friend a friend?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What is your definiton of a best or real friend? Isn't a friend a friend?
if you know my really personal stories, you're among my best friends.  B)
My best friends are those who I feel very comfortable talking to about things personal to me.  

I have friends who I enjoy their company and talk to a little bit.  We have interests in common and can get together to play games and whatnot.

I also have friends whom I feel I can talk to usually, but I see and talk with them so rarely.  I don't know them very well and vice versa.

In the end, my best friends have traits that I respect very deeply.  I know I can trust them to listen and give their honest thoughts without judging me unfairly.  This is one of many things that makes a friend a "best" friend to me.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: action9000,Jul 29 2008 on  04:15 PM
My best friends are those who I feel very comfortable talking to about things personal to me. 

I know I can trust them to listen and give their honest thoughts without judging me unfairly.  This is one of many things that makes a friend a "best" friend to me.
Huh. I don't have any friends like that. I can't comfortably tell them my personal things. I certainly can't trust them to keep my secrets for me. The problem is most of my friends can be divided into two categories:

Manipulative: Having double motives, every request they make can't be taken at face value.

Non-Manipulative: But they still can't be taken at face value because you don't know if they've been hoodwinked by a Manipulative.

But I do know that, most of the time, they're all on my side. Generally, we agree and work for the same goals. But that's as far as it goes.

This of course doesn't apply to my brother. He I can confide in and trust completely. The two of us always work together to make sure we both come out unscathed. But a brother doesn't really apply as a "friend," since "friend" implies a third party, and really, what brothers don't back each other up?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This of course doesn't apply to my brother. He I can confide in and trust completely. The two of us always work together to make sure we both come out unscathed.
That 'brother'/sibling mentality is kind of what I see between good friends.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Then you're very lucky, cause it sounds like you have more than one good friend. Make sure you hold onto them.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Are you saying real life or online friends.

Real life I have a few and one of which I have a strong bond, but he moved to Virginia recently. :(  Online I have many I can talk to comfortably.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Real friends are people that I can trust completely.  These are people that I would trust to take care of my child if I had to go into the hospital or something (figuratively speaking of course.  I'm not a father).  Someone I can be completely open with and don't have to hide anything from.  These sort of people are very hard to find in this day and age and even if these sort of people were in abundance, you can only have a few of them because there's just not enough time to have too many of these close friends.  Having friends that aren't close like this just really isn't worth my time.  I mean, if you can't trust them completely and tell them everything than what's the point?  I can see with online friends because a lot of the time you don't even know for sure 100% what the people look like.  They can send you a picture but of course it's not necessarily them.  If you can't have these true deep friends, than what's the point of having all of these piss-on's?  That's like asking if you'd rather have 100 computers from 1990 or 5 computers that are brand new.  Which one would you choose?

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
I would chose the 5 brand new, if I¥d want to have the newest PCs. But I¥d chose the older ones, if I¥d need PCs, I can trust in, and which I know very good.